The Student Room Group

The Magnificently Revamped Superduper Shiny Revision Thread 2011/12

Scroll to see replies

Okay, I didn't do enough over Easter. My first exams are on the 14th, 15th and 16th of May. I've only just finished homeworks for tomorrow because I left them all until today (yes, I left 4 essays all for the day before). My fault, I know.
But, at least one positive has came out of it; I've scared myself into being motivated to work this week! Yay!
Original post by AmyLH
Today:

- Revise igneous rocks
- Revise sedimentary rocks
- S1 past paper

I really need to find my motivation to revise again. Not going to bed until I've finished this tonight :redface:

Can I just say, your dedication to revising is really, really admirable! :tongue: I really wish I had the motivation over Easter to do as much as you have!
Good luck with your exams and I hope you can keep yourself motivated! :smile:
Finally my mental game is back- I was revising earlier on because I had to. Now I'm revising because I want to. Am I the only one who finds it a slight joy now?
I honestly never knew that s1 was this much fun. ( honestly no sarcasm).
Anyway, best be going to bed.
Tomorrow:
Polynomials and curve sketching
Integration and differentiation
Hypothesis testing 1 tail and 2 tail ( and other bd topics)
Biology heart revision

Physics unit two recap
Potential dividers and resistors etc..

Lunchtime mathematics workshop, and chemistry..

Home - reconsolidate earlier revision, and do a past paper from each subject.

How hardcore :wink: lol, not really.

YouTube is amazing for maths.
(edited 11 years ago)
Good morning everyone! :h:

First lesson on a Monday, and it's Physics with possibly the least enthusiastic human being on the planet. Terrific. :sigh:

Hope everyone back at College has a good day, and hope those still off get lots of revision done! :^_^:
Original post by ChunkyFudgeLover101
Finally my mental game is back- I was revising earlier on because I had to. Now I'm revising because I want to. Am I the only one who finds it a slight joy now?
I honestly never knew that s1 was this much fun. ( honestly no sarcasm).
Anyway, best be going to bed.
Tomorrow:
Polynomials and curve sketching
Integration and differentiation
Hypothesis testing 1 tail and 2 tail ( and other bd topics)
Biology heart revision
Physics unit two recap
Potential dividers and resistors etc..

Lunchtime mathematics workshop, and chemistry..

Home - reconsolidate earlier revision, and do a past paper from each subject.

How hardcore :wink: lol, not really.

YouTube is amazing for maths.

You doing physics aqa b
I usually get up at about 10:30 on Mondays because I don't need to be in till about 10, so this definitely has to be an improvement!

Going to type up my notes, quickly read through the WW1 module notes I've made in preparation for History, and then go in to print everything off that I need to.

Home:

*Spanish essay (economics if poss)
*March chapter notes
*5 pages of Germany notes
*Revise all the moral philosophy notes that I've printed off today
*Begin writing up metaethics notes in neat
*Being writing up 2nd Reich notes in neat
Today

Physics
Continue Typing up Notes
F.Maths
Poisson Distribution
Numerical Methods - Euler's formula

Really need to get this done early as I've got volunteering this afternoon; and i'm going out with my mates tonight :h:
Right now : Mechanics past paper.
Original post by FuzzySheep
I usually get up at about 10:30 on Mondays because I don't need to be in till about 10, so this definitely has to be an improvement!

Going to type up my notes, quickly read through the WW1 module notes I've made in preparation for History, and then go in to print everything off that I need to.

Home:

*Spanish essay (economics if poss)
*March chapter notes
*5 pages of Germany notes
*Revise all the moral philosophy notes that I've printed off today
*Begin writing up metaethics notes in neat
*Being writing up 2nd Reich notes in neat

Have i read this wrong? Haha really doesnt make sense in my eyes :biggrin:

Today:
Finish all homework (1 and a half essays oops)
Sort out car insurance and do washing ( i know its not revision but it needs to be done)
Find f211 revision folder which i seem to have lost. :smile:
Original post by isp
I'm not finding it difficult at all to be honest, although then again I haven't done any Maths whatsoever throughout this Easter break (or any form of work for that matter). The only topic which I was having problems on was Differentiation - not the differentiating itself but the optimisation problems. I just couldn't get my head around it and have since neglected it.

4.5 weeks until my first exam, and I will be starting revision tomorrow, and will plough through past-papers two-weeks before my first exam.

tbh, I'm pretty much the only one in my class who finds C2 hard. Sounds like a good plan and good luck and I hope you do well! :biggrin:

I had to start early (well some people tell me I started late by starting during Easter holidays) since I have my EMPAs in the next 2 weeks or so and need to revise for those.

Let me know if you need the JAN 2012 C2 paper or any other C2 papers you're looking since I have them all pretty much. I can PM them to you. :smile:
Original post by Jellybeany
Have i read this wrong? Haha really doesnt make sense in my eyes :biggrin:

Today:
Sort out car insurance and do washing ( i know its not revision but it needs to be done)
Find f211 revision folder which i seem to have lost. :smile:

Haha no you're right! Guess I wasn't really that awake after all :tongue:
Today:
Find f211 revision folder which i seem to have lost

Best part left to do now :frown:
First day back wasnt as hard as I thought it would be. Woke up at a reasonable time without feeling too tired but... now I cant stop yawning!

Need to get some biology done, got a test tomorrow.
& Some chemistry revision for my ISA on thursday.
Haha today was an absolute mess. I tried SO HARD not to fall asleep in History. I think I actually have a problem because my eyes just wouldn't stop closing and I honestly cannot recall what the lesson was about.

This evening:
Epq stuff:
-Bibliography
-Project log
-CCRC
-Rome homework: Army economic roles
- Law revision? Spontaneous mock exam on Thursday. Three days' notice is pretty spontaneous.
Had a two and a hour hour english mock this morning, which completely drained me for the rest of the day.

This evening:

Chemistry notes: radiation and radicals, rate of reactions,equilibria and
hydrogen bonding.
British History- (1828-30 at least)
British History 12 Mark practice question
Chinese History Revision Pack continuation
(edited 11 years ago)
Awful day today! Got up late, missed my bus and we had a cover teacher for first period :mad:

Tonight:
- Work on ICT evaluation for project
- Comment the remaining files for my Computing project
Original post by Mocking_bird
First day back wasnt as hard as I thought it would be. Woke up at a reasonable time without feeling too tired but... now I cant stop yawning!

Need to get some biology done, got a test tomorrow.
& Some chemistry revision for my ISA on thursday.

:wavey:

What is your Biology test on? I've got one on cell division tomorrow and had one on gas exchange today.

And surprisingly, my Chemistry lesson didn't have even a mention of the 2nd Chemistry ISA. Rather, we did a past paper (doing the questions we've covered the topics for in class already).

We did all get our 2nd Biology ISA marks back though, and so all that needs doing there is some cross-moderation between the Biology teachers. Not that many of them will change anyway, as my teacher is a respectable marker.
Original post by Tullia
:wavey:

What is your Biology test on? I've got one on cell division tomorrow and had one on gas exchange today.

And surprisingly, my Chemistry lesson didn't have even a mention of the 2nd Chemistry ISA. Rather, we did a past paper (doing the questions we've covered the topics for in class already).

We did all get our 2nd Biology ISA marks back though, and so all that needs doing there is some cross-moderation between the Biology teachers. Not that many of them will change anyway, as my teacher is a respectable marker.

Things like gaseous exchange in insects, fish, plants. Cell differentiation, chloroplasts, surface area to volume ratio etc.

Didnt have bio today but hopefully will get 2nd isa mark back tomorrow.
Original post by Mocking_bird
Things like gaseous exchange in insects, fish, plants. Cell differentiation, chloroplasts, surface area to volume ratio etc.

Didnt have bio today but hopefully will get 2nd isa mark back tomorrow.

Are you feeling confident? Fully revised for these topics?

And my class did worse on the 2nd Biology ISA on the whole, with people that performed way below their par being the only people to pick their marks up this time around. Apparently, the marking guidelines are very specific and so on.
ahhh so hppy with ISA marks :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest