The Student Room Group

The Magnificently Revamped Superduper Shiny Revision Thread 2011/12

Scroll to see replies

Original post by whattheheck
Hi!! I firmed York! So scared! Hope I made the right decision. Really need to crack on with revision but my job keeps taking up all of my time! So panicked!! How many exams do you have? I have 6!! Shoot me now! :s-smilie:

Heyy! :biggrin:

Good choice! What's your insurance? I have 6 exams too! One next Monday! Haven't done alot of revision :frown:

When's your first exam?
Reply 5621
Practicals are all over :ahee:
Original post by techno836
haha i believe you :L .. i also have a life outside school ( not a great one at the moment due to some people ) ... and eexperience is definately the hardest thing to get which is upsetting as it makes/breaks your application :frown:

what does your placement in surveying office entail .... and volunteering in a care home is actually part of my plan ;D im planning to do it for my DofE bronze and silver aswell :biggrin: but the worst is places in a GP or hospital -.-

what year you in ??<3

I'm still managing at least one complete night off a week, thank god. My friday nights are what keep me going right now!

And I was really lucky with my placement as I knew the head of the office. I checked all the calculations, worked on real projects, checked plans to make sure they added up to bills, went out to meetings (even got to fly over from London to Edinburgh for one). And went on lots of lunches, included the friday down the pub - and all expenses paid :tongue: Was really useful in that I gained a lot of knowledge about working in an office, and as part of a team.

And I'm Year 13 - two days left of sixth form now, feels like the end of an era :frown:

Original post by 4mar_ar5en4l
LOL I guess they must be a lot easier second time round - You're screwed if it isn't tbh :smile:
Hmm yh the low C3 grade boundaries are quite helpful especially in comparison to the C4 ones. But the papers so much harder!

They are - but I'm still not as up to scratch as I should be. I left it long enough betweeen repeating papers that I don't automatically know the answers. And so many of the questions are similar - there's only so many trig identity questions they can actually ask!

Today:
C1 Paper - 91%
M1 Paper
ECON2 Paper - I'm only making notes on the questions, sort of creating a markscheme style guide which I'll check and add to (the MC part was 85% I think)
Geography Research and Question-Guessing - need to create a list of case studies to focus on.
Reply 5623
Said I was revising and spent the last hour organising my biology file. Any way to avoid actual work...
I just want to sleep.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 5625
All of my mocks are finished now, and I've lost all motivation again :frown:
Think I'm going to have a break tonight and then crack on tomorrow.
Original post by Lakhvir.Singh
Heyy! :biggrin:

Good choice! What's your insurance? I have 6 exams too! One next Monday! Haven't done alot of revision :frown:

When's your first exam?

On the 30th of May! I've got a couple of weeks to plough through some revision. But then I have a big gap and the next one is on the 13th of June.

I chose Huddersfield because it was the lowest entry requirement out of the 5 but I really don't want to go there!!!!

I can't believe the exams have come around so quick!!! :confused::s-smilie:
Reply 5627
Original post by Pensivedore
I just want to sleep.

me too
Original post by AmyLH

How did u do in the mocks?
Original post by AmyLH

Don't make me bring the :whip: out again. :laugh:

How do you feel your mocks have gone? :smile:
Spanish oral seemed to be a disaster - I was feeling so nervous and sick, kept stumbling over my words and making silly mistakes. That's 35% of Spanish A2 gone :frown:
Going to make a good start on political philosophy tonight *sigh*
Reply 5631
Original post by chignesh10
How did u do in the mocks?

Original post by Tullia
Don't make me bring the :whip: out again. :laugh:

How do you feel your mocks have gone? :smile:

I got an A in C2 and S1 and then a B in Bio unit 2. Did geology and chemistry today and will probably get them results back tomorrow.

:tongue: No you don't, just had a really ****ty day today and yesterday and have got a really bad headache so I think a one night break will benefit me.
Done:
- Transport in plants revision (minus cohesion-tension and root pressure).
- Biology gaseous exchange test.

Also got C2 mock result back today :smile:
63/65, woo.

We had to miss out a question as we only had an hour to do it in, hence not out of 75 :tongue:
Original post by AmyLH
I got an A in C2 and S1 and then a B in Bio unit 2. Did geology and chemistry today and will probably get them results back tomorrow.

:tongue: No you don't, just had a really ****ty day today and yesterday and have got a really bad headache so I think a one night break will benefit me.

Ah, you're doing well then. Very much on your way to getting another impressive haul of results in August if you keep up the good work. :smile:

Well earned break by the looks of it. Enjoy. :smile:

Your teacher marks and returns test papers that quickly? I always have to wait until the following week for mine (as they obviously only ever mark them at the weekend). Rather jealous of you.
Reply 5634
Original post by Tullia
Ah, you're doing well then. Very much on your way to getting another impressive haul of results in August if you keep up the good work. :smile:

Well earned break by the looks of it. Enjoy. :smile:

Your teacher marks and returns test papers that quickly? I always have to wait until the following week for mine (as they obviously only ever mark them at the weekend). Rather jealous of you.

Well my chemistry teacher is insanely quick, she must have no life outside of college. And my geology teacher will have us mark it ourselves in the lesson, lazy git :tongue:
CHEM UNIT 2 HELP ANYONE!
Questions 11a second part
i get everything expect the answer they got :angry: I dont get how they get the last part help please!

M1 (Free-) radical substitution
M2 Cl2 2Cl•
M3 Cl• + CH4 •CH3 + HCl
M4 Cl2 + •CH3 CH3Cl + Cl•
M5 CH4 + 3Cl2 CHCl3 + 3HCl <<< how did they get CHCL3 :/ and not CH3CL

The answer i got was CH4 + CL2 -> CH3CL +HCL

http://store.aqa.org.uk/qual/gce/pdf/AQA-CHEM2-W-QP-JUN09.PDF
Original post by Jack_Smith
CHEM UNIT 2 HELP ANYONE!
Questions 11a second part
i get everything expect the answer they got :angry: I dont get how they get the last part help please!

M1 (Free-) radical substitution
M2 Cl2 2Cl•
M3 Cl• + CH4 •CH3 + HCl
M4 Cl2 + •CH3 CH3Cl + Cl•
M5 CH4 + 3Cl2 CHCl3 + 3HCl <<< how did they get CHCL3 :/ and not CH3CL

The answer i got was CH4 + CL2 -> CH3CL +HCL

http://store.aqa.org.uk/qual/gce/pdf/AQA-CHEM2-W-QP-JUN09.PDF

They've asked for CHCl3 and not CH3Cl, so why have you worked out CH3Cl?
Original post by Tullia
They've asked for CHCl3 and not CH3Cl, so why have you worked out CH3Cl?

The working out above is from the mark scheme! I did the exact same working but did not get the last line!
Original post by AmyLH
Well my chemistry teacher is insanely quick, she must have no life outside of college. And my geology teacher will have us mark it ourselves in the lesson, lazy git :tongue:

I would mention it, but they would only suggest that marking it more quickly wouldn't allow them time to give proper feedback and so on.

When you mentioned your Geology teacher, a certain English Language teacher from my College sprung to mind.
Original post by Jack_Smith
The working out above is from the mark scheme! I did the exact same working but did not get the last line!

Further substitution has occured so it has formed CHCl3 instead (which it said in the 2nd part of the question), so work out the further substitution steps to add onto the rest of the mechanism and then work out the overall equation from that. :smile:

(If you're still not sure let me know and i'll show you the extra steps)

Quick Reply

Latest