The Student Room Group

Does anyone actually like the taste of energy drinks?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
They're not supposed to taste nice, their purpose is to inject stimulant chemicals into your brain.

Like alcoholic based drinks, they don't taste nice, they are only meant to get you high on drugs.
Red bull is nice when ice cold. Relentless and Rockstar taste like medicine though :lol:
Reply 22
I like the taste of pretty much all of them. Except Redbull cola. That **** is vile.
My friends have banned me from drinking energy drinks. So I've only ever tried Red Bull in malia, :frown:
I love the taste of them! I could drink them everyday and have done so before, but obviously it's not good for you so I had to stop as my heart started going mad after a week on them :biggrin:
I love red bull or cheaper versions of it like Blue Bolt and similar.

The one energy drink which I don't like is Monster Energy.
Reply 25
Original post by LukeMT
Seeing as the exams are looming (well, for me anyway), my friends and I were discussing energy drinks earlier and we found out that no-one in our group actually likes the way they taste.

I think most of them taste disgusting, but they seem to get the job done so I carry on drinking them!

So, energy drinks...love them or hate them?

In your opinion, which are the best/worst tasting?

Good luck to all those with exams! :smile:

I like them

I find that Relentless taste probably the best, red bull tastes similar, boost is ok.
i hated them until this years exam period! ive actually really started to like the sugarfree kx, or kick from tescos. three cans today and three cans yesterday ...oops. I dont reckon ill be drinking it after final exam on thursday though, even though its really grown on me.. they just dont seem healthy at all!
Only in a Jagerbomb :biggrin:
The berry Relentless is so yummy - I wish they made a non-caffeine version of it.

I also love the taste of Mountain Dew - it's half the strength of Red Bull but 2 x 440ml cans for £1 in Farm Foods.
I actually like the taste of full sugar red bull but I rarely drink that anymore because I'm on a diet; the sugar free ones just don't come close
Reply 30
Yeah I do, and love the smell of them :biggrin:
Reply 31
Mountain Dew/Relentless :coma:
Reply 32
Red bull is great every now and then
I love the taste of monster, and only buy energy drinks for the taste :tongue: although that and maybe relentless i think are the only one's that i've tried that actually taste good. Most of the super cheap ones just make me think of carbonated urine :|
Monster
Yum I like them.
Monster is easily the best...
I like the taste of Red Bull, and Boost isn't too bad. Relentless is not good.
I think they taste lovely. Everyone says they "taste of piss" which, more than anything, raises the question of how they'd know what urine tastes like.

Monster is my favourite, there's one that tastes a little bit like Vimto, and by God, it's to die for. However, non-fizzy energy drinks can go to hell.
They taste terrible! And for some reason, they never give me energy. I once drank an entire can of Red Bull and fell asleep fifteen minutes later :dontknow:

Quick Reply

Latest