The Student Room Group

MA Music Therapy? (+rep)

Hi All,

I have been doing a lot of research into future careers recently, and have been interested in Music Therapy for a good while. I will have a psychology degree this time next year, and can play lots of instruments to the standard that you apparently need, and have experience conducting a brass band and attending dalcroze eurhythmics classes.

Life story over.

I was wondering if any of you knew which universities ran this programme? The only one I've found so far is Anglia Ruskin; but surely there must be more than that?

I would appreciate advice from anyone who knows, or from anyone who has any experience of that career!

Oh, and +rep of course for helpful answers.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1
If i were to train as a Music Therapist (something i might do in my next life incarnation) i would do my training at the Nordorf Robbins centre, it's not a uni but the degree course is accredited and as you are based in a music therapy charity there will be LOTS of practical experience, i expect moreso than at uni based degrees. Fees are quite pricey though, but.. in my honest opinion, it would be entirely worth it.

http://www.nordoff-robbins.org.uk/content/what-we-do/train-music-therapist
(edited 12 years ago)
I think the reason you can't find uni courses is because it's a vocation... a practical route into the industry such as the one posted above would probably be better.
Original post by newDana
If i were to train as a Music Therapist (something i might do in my next life incarnation) i would do my training at the Nordorf Robbins centre, it's not a uni but the degree course is accredited and as you are based in a music therapy charity there will be LOTS of practical experience, i expect moreso than at uni based degrees. Fees are quite pricey though, but.. in my honest opinion, it would be entirely worth it.

http://www.nordoff-robbins.org.uk/content/what-we-do/train-music-therapist

Thank you very much for this, I'll take a look :smile:.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending