The Student Room Group

Welsh Baccalaureate - Help!

Anyone else stuck doing this crummy course? Anyway, I basically have to finish my individual investigation aspect by the end of the week. Trouble is, I haven't actualy started it, the lessons we've actually had over the past year have been really poorly organised. I think I just need a topic or an initial idea to work on, I'll be fine once I've got that. :confused:

Any ideas/Whats your individual investigation based on?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by Nerf Herder
Anyone else stuck doing this crummy course? Anyway, I basically have to finish my individual investigation aspect by the end of the week. Trouble is, I haven't actualy started it, the lessons we've actually had over the past year have been really poorly organised. I think I just need a topic or an initial idea to work on, I'll be fine once I've got that. :confused:

Any ideas/Whats your individual investigation based on?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :smile:

Comparing obesity in wales and texas.
-Print about sixteen questionnaires (ones you've made yourself) off and complete them yourself in different handwriting.
-Make graphs from the results.
-google for newspaper articles about the topic in your areas.
-Bull**** spectacularly for a few pages. :cool:
Reply 2
The investigation was the bane of my sixth form career! Started it in April 2010, finished it May 2011 :colondollar: Just kept putting it off. But, it isn't so bad when you get down to it, just do something like Cancer or Obesity, the topics that are always in the news. That way there will be plenty of figures out there.
My other piece of advice would be to finish it as soon as you can. It really will let you concentrate on other things. It's worth having too, everyone must do the Bacc in my sixth form, so we all hated it. But now I can't get into Medicine without it! :tongue:
Reply 3
its not to bad honestly, and should only take an hour or two to do?
Ive done my on a broad topic - im comparing the population of wales to Panama, which is pretty easy becuase ive just looked at age profile, those under the poverty line, religion, ethnicity etc.
Have an introduction and plan (along with deadlines to complete each bit)
Create a powerpoint on it
Do a survey
Write up a conclusion - what you found out about the topic etc, how they compare to one another and volia! done :biggrin:

Welsh bacc isnt hard at all, just really annoying! my teacher didn h ave a clue what he was meant to be teaching us, so i done it all myself in like 3 months :smile:

Good luck!
Reply 4
I'm in a similar predicament.
Ours is supposed to be in by the end of the month, and our teachers haven't even mentioned it yet. I suppose I'd better start thinking of ideas though, 'cos it usually takes me ages to think of things.:frown:
What other topics have people done? I want to get an idea of the sort of stuff they want. I'd like to do something connected to Spanish or French because I'm interested in these languages and it might make me care a tiny bit more about this stupid investigation. Obesity would probably be easier though. Argh I don't know. Any suggestions?
Reply 5
Thanks for the help guys! I settled on a comparison between Wales and Spains Digital piracy :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest