The Student Room Group

AQA Maths Module 5 (06/06/11 and 10/06/11)

Is anyone else taking this exam?? If so, how are you revising for it? Just thought I'd set up a thread for pre-exam discussion, and then once the exam is over (:smile:!) we can discuss how it went :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I haven't done any revision yet. Are you doing higher or foundation? What grade you aim to get?
Reply 2
Higher and A*. What have you got on your other modules so far?
Reply 3
I got module1 73 which is a C, module3 a B which is 124. I'm aim for a B because i only need 223 marks on the module5. i Hope the paper is easy.
Reply 4
Me too. I'm on full marks so far and I'd love to get full marks overall, but it's unlikely cos this is hardest module :/
Doing higher and aiming for an A*. Got a plastic wallet full of past papers, and my trusty MathsWatch CD at my side.
Reply 6
I'm happy to get a B overall. Module 5 is the hardest module :frown:
Reply 7
Module 5 is the hardest module

At least it's better than linear: only a year's worth of work as opposed to two.
Reply 8
Original post by suqiang
Module 5 is the hardest module :frown:

Yeah, but you gota remember that the Grade boundarys are lower, and if everyone fails, they change the markscheme so that everyone passes :smile::biggrin::smile:
i duno if is the hardest:confused::confused:... i find the trig fine, i only struggle with the easy part - the line and quadratics graphs!!:angry::angry:
Reply 9
I don't like graphs either... but my worst bit is shapes!! I was never taught stuff like rhombuses, trapeziums and parallelograms at primary school, and now we're expected just to know it, but I don't have a clue lol :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by KOWessex
Yeah, but you gota remember that the Grade boundarys are lower, and if everyone fails, they change the markscheme so that everyone passes :smile::biggrin::smile:
i duno if is the hardest:confused::confused:... i find the trig fine, i only struggle with the easy part - the line and quadratics graphs!!:angry::angry:

Quadratics graphs is easy, if you read the questions carefuly, some of the quadratics graphs you need to use simultaneous equations and quadratics equation to solve the questions.

Ps Good luck.
Reply 11
Original post by Kimiechi
Me too. I'm on full marks so far and I'd love to get full marks overall, but it's unlikely cos this is hardest module :/

Thats really good :biggrin: i got 99 (A*) on module 1 and 123(B) on module 3 (i would have got close to an A or A* but i resat it in yr 9 without even knowing i was to resit, i didnt revise so i didnt do that great :angry::frown:)

Im now aiming for an A or an A* but ill need 315/330 which is gonna be really really tricky! im good at everything i think just need to check everything over to see if i can do it.

Any one have a checklist??
Reply 12
Original post by suqiang
Quadratics graphs is easy, if you read the questions carefuly, some of the quadratics graphs you need to use simultaneous equations and quadratics equation to solve the questions.

Ps Good luck.

THANKS!!!
Reply 13
Original post by sm3lly2ooo
Thats really good :biggrin: i got 99 (A*) on module 1 and 123(B) on module 3 (i would have got close to an A or A* but i resat it in yr 9 without even knowing i was to resit, i didnt revise so i didnt do that great :angry::frown:)

Im now aiming for an A or an A* but ill need 315/330 which is gonna be really really tricky! im good at everything i think just need to check everything over to see if i can do it.

Any one have a checklist??

Are you re-sit any module?
Reply 14
Original post by suqiang
Are you re-sit any module?

Yeh i resat module 3 i cant resit it again because of the aqa 2 resists limit. therseno point resisting module 1 and my teacher wont put me in :/
Reply 15
Original post by sm3lly2ooo
Yeh i resat module 3 i cant resit it again because of the aqa 2 resists limit. therseno point resisting module 1 and my teacher wont put me in :/

Yh same, i'm resat m1 and 3.
Reply 17

thank you!

but which is on what paper??
Reply 18
which is on what paper??

Anything could be on either, although obviously stuff like complex trigonometry (unless they give you the values to 2dp or something) are unlikely to come up on non-calculator papers. Have a look at some past papers to give you an idea what often comes up on each paper.
Reply 19
Guys! Mind blank- which paper is it tomorrow- the calculator or non-calculator??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending