The Student Room Group

AQA Maths Module 5 (06/06/11 and 10/06/11)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ArmenianSoldier
Basically 27 + 46 + 64 = 137 marks. that's an overall B! A is around 165.

Thank you for that. Do you know what the approx minimum threshold is for an overall B then?
Original post by boomer 691

Original post by boomer 691
Thank you for that. Do you know what the approx minimum threshold is for an overall B then?

Well. 38+38+38+23=137, but overall you'd take a few points of that, because together the marks are lower than when counted individually, so you're looking at 134+ maybe :smile:
Reply 662
1dp means the answer was either 2.4 or 2.5. 2.435 is to 3dp!

That may be the case and thats why I put 2.4 at first but why would they make a question where you cant even get to the required answer?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Andy1254

Original post by Andy1254
That may be the case and thats why I put 2.4 at first but why would they make a question where you cant even get to the required answer?

Because the point of the question is not to get to the required answer. The point of it is to see whether you can understand the concept of decimal places and applying them to the task!
Reply 664
Because the point of the question is not to get to the required answer. The point of it is to see whether you can understand the concept of decimal places and applying them to the task!

If thats the case, that is the biggest load of **** ever! Ah well..
Reply 665
Original post by gcsestink
ah shiz would i get 3 out of the 4 marks tho?!

yes as long as you have got everything else right.
Reply 666
Original post by gcsestink
for the first question on paper 2 calculator who else got 2.5 as the radius of the circle?!

I did!! :smile:
For the last question I saw the two expressions, so I got excited and ended up expanding everything, collecting like terms and cancelling so I ended up with 6xy !
I'm a foundation student re-taking my Maths GCSE at college. I got 3 marks off full marks in my first paper, an A in my second paper (we did Higher for just the one paper to improve our over all marks) and I recently did these two exams. How many marks would I need to have gotten in these 2 exams to get a C over all? I really hope to not have to do Maths ever again.
Reply 669
does anyone have a DECENT mark scheme pleaseeeee!
Reply 670
right apart from me banging on about a decent mark scheme! :P
i got 97 on the first paper and 146 on module 3, which are both a*s
i reckon i got about 60 on paper 1 and about 50 on paper 2, what do people reckon ill get overall?
Reply 671
Reply 672
Original post by Rebecca2401
I screwed up on the trail and improvement, I didnt notice it said to 1dp.. :/ Reacon i'll loose many marks?

Probably just one - for the answer.

You'll get the method, as long as you did it right, because you just did more work than was necessary.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending