The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Interviews at Warwick?

I'm planning on applying for maths this coming october. Are there interviews? If so, when are they done?
Original post by hassi94
I'm planning on applying for maths this coming october. Are there interviews? If so, when are they done?

No interview, pretty much everyone gets an offer (which is quite high). This year it was A*A*A2/D or A*AA1. (Where D is a distinction in AEA maths and 1 and 2 are STEP grades) Also, next year's offer will probably be slightly higher.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by jameswhughes
No interview, pretty much everyone gets an offer (which is quite high). This year it was A*A*A2/D or A*AA1. (Where D is a distinction in AEA maths and 1 and 2 are STEP grades) Also, next year's offer will probably be slightly higher.

Ah okay thanks. And yeah I understand the offer is quite difficult, I'm applying to Cambridge primarily but Warwick is one of my choices :smile:
Original post by hassi94
Ah okay thanks. And yeah I understand the offer is quite difficult, I'm applying to Cambridge primarily but Warwick is one of my choices :smile:

Ok. Out of interest, which Cambridge college? :smile:
Ok. Out of interest, which Cambridge college? :smile:

If I don't change my mind then I'll be applying to Emmanuel College. :smile: Not particularly well known for maths like Trinity etc - but it looks perfect for me and it's still really good academically - being 1st or 2nd in the college thompkins table for the past 5 years :smile:
Original post by hassi94
If I don't change my mind then I'll be applying to Emmanuel College. :smile: Not particularly well known for maths like Trinity etc - but it looks perfect for me and it's still really good academically - being 1st or 2nd in the college thompkins table for the past 5 years :smile:

I see you also asked whether Bristol interview for maths. I don't think they do, they certainly didn't for me or anyone else I know but they must be a lot more selective than Warwick-the offer is easier and in 2010 there were 17 applicants to each place!
I see you also asked whether Bristol interview for maths. I don't think they do, they certainly didn't for me or anyone else I know but they must be a lot more selective than Warwick-the offer is easier and in 2010 there were 17 applicants to each place!

Ah I see - that's fine. I'm going to try my best to get as many offers as possible. I think I'm a worthy candidate (not trying to toot my own horn here so sorry if I come off like that) of all of the universities given I try hard enough - it just depends whether they think so I guess :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest