The Student Room Group

Exams you've failed?

Everyone on TSR seems pretty damn smart, I just wanted to know if anyones ever managed to fail an exam..and why?
And did you manage to improve your grade?

My biggest achievement was probably getting an E in M1 in AS year
and 96/100 the next time i took it..

My excuse? I absolutely LOVED dossing about in AS, and started my revision the night before ha..that never works out :/

Other than my Maths, I dont think i've ever really drastically improved anything.
Everyone else?

EDIT:
My M1 grade pulled up my Fmaths AS grade to a B

I got an E for D1 (AND TO THINK I CAME OUT THE EXAM THINKING I SMACKED IT)
C for FP1
and A for M1

overall grade: scraped B :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Thankfully, no, but I have four years to go.
Reply 2
i failed an A2 ICT exam... managed to get 3/90. my teacher said it was the worst mark she'd ever seen. i think it's an achievement in its own right!
Reply 3
the closest i've ever gotten was an E in the test unit of GCSE engineering. We had no teacher, no textbooks and lucky guesses got me an E. I then retook it and got an F... :frown:
Reply 4
I failed every German test through Y8 because the teacher rigged my scores for the banter!
Reply 5
Got 43% in a practice S1 paper once.
Though I had only joined the class a week or two previously so I hadn't covered a lot of the material. Plus it was mostly on venn diagrams which I loath with the passion of a thousand jihadists.
Reply 6
I got an E in my first Critical Thinking exam... so I dropped it. :tongue:
Reply 7
Original post by popple7
i failed an A2 ICT exam... managed to get 3/90. my teacher said it was the worst mark she'd ever seen. i think it's an achievement in its own right!

OH this made me laugh!
A friend of mine once got a D in a maths test, so the teacher gave him the markscheme & sent him away to revise the test over.

He then sat the exact same test the following day only to get an E

Left the teacher baffed
(edited 12 years ago)
I got 1/30 in my Intermediate 2 Textual Analysis NAB.
Reply 9
I failed one yesterday, and I am about to fail one tomorrow. I have my hopes up about yesterday's, since everyone else also says they failed it, but tomorrow's is just because I only went to two of the lectures, so I really haven't a leg to stand on.

I also got a 3 in STEP2, which is a failure in as much as that nobody really cares if it's less than a 2, and I already had a 2 to get into my university, and I needed 1,1 for Cambridge.
Managed to fail a number of A2 chemistry exams pretty epically.
Reply 11
I Got a U in my A2 Biology exam
Had a crack at the multiple choice questions and then sat and twiddled my thumbs for an hour :awesome:
Reply 12
Original post by Sifr
OH this made me laugh!
A friend of mine once got a D in a maths test, so the teacher gave him the markscheme & sent him away to revise the test over.

He then sat the exact same test the following day only to get an E

Left the teacher baffed

i wanted to drop ICT, college wouldnt let me... so when i failed so royally, they decided they would rather let me drop it than have me tarnish their oh-so-high "pass rate" scores.

meh. worse things in life than failing an exam. :dontknow:
Reply 13
Original post by popple7
meh. worse things in life than failing an exam. :dontknow:

I second that!
Reply 14
Thought I was pretty good at philosophy, took both exams in June and got low D's in them both. Sent for a re-mark and one went up to a high B. Resat the other one and got 100% UMS. Still don't trust AQA to this day. :tongue:
Reply 15
Original post by Manitude
Got 43% in a practice S1 paper once.
Though I had only joined the class a week or two previously so I hadn't covered a lot of the material. Plus it was mostly on venn diagrams which I loath with the passion of a thousand jihadists.

Last sentence made me lol, + rep. :smile:
Reply 16
I scraped an F in my GCSE chemistry coursework... My excuse? I started it twenty minutes before it was due in.
a U in critical thinking ! I think i got something like 27/200
Reply 18
I did Critical Thinking AS in one term (Not out of choice but thought might as well get it over and done with!) and I got a D and E, resulting in an E overall! For some unfathomable reason I decided to retake both this time around and I don't think I've done any better, but who cares! IT'S CRITICAL THINKING!

Wish I just kept the £36 my parents paid for retaking them...
U in AS irish history and then an E...woo went up one grade...worst topic ever and happy my university doesnt care what i got in it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest