stretch s.f 0.5 in x-direction
then translation (-30,0)

or translation (-15,0)
stretch s.f. 0,5

I think thats the wrong way round.
Reply 501
Original post by Flint_09
not a problem
yh u get the following two equations then solve them, i only did one in the exam, now i've realised there was two :frown:
x^2 -1= -3x-3
x^2 +3x + 2=0

which gives u x= -1 and x = -2
and x^2 -1 = 3x+3
x^2 -3x -4 =0

x= 4 and x= -1

is is not x=1 and x=2 otherwise you wouldnt get +3X would you
and is the second quadratic not x=-4 x=1 or you wouldnt get -3X
that question messed me up badly
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by qasimk

The values which the person whom you quoted posted are right,everyone on this thread has got them.
Reply 503
Original post by Miller693
Yeah.. I left Core 4 until now, because I hoped that my Core 3 mark would help the A*. Instead I've got to go for 90%+ in Core 4 as well.
Anyway, there were 11 marks I didn't end up with the right answer for in this as far as I can tell, which means I'd need about 4 method marks out of this in order to hopefully scrape the A*. I think I had a good bat at them, so I'll be close either way. Just a good question paper on core 4 would be nice.

I started at January 2006 (Core 4) which was awful, and am now on June 2007 which I just got 100% on!! :biggrin: But it needs to happen in the real thing.

What kinda mark do you think you got?/ need for the A*

I dont think it's even possible for me to get an A* :wink: To be honest I'm not that good at maths but I enjoy it so I took it. Im not sure I can even get an A really, but we'll see :smile: I was feeling quietly confident about core 4 until I saw the Jan 2011 paper, and it was horrendous. So, I'm now bracing myself for a fail!!

Fingers crossed for a nice paper I guess, and good luck with the A*! :smile:
I failed that exam pretty hard, good thing is my Sixth Form made us sit that paper in January and I got 49 (an E I know) so for me to get a B overall I still only need to get mid B's in C4 and M2. I also swear either the wording of or the structure of the questions from 2010 have been massively different to those before then but maybe it's just me.
Reply 505
Original post by ibysaiyan
The values which the person whom you quoted posted are right,everyone on this thread has got them.

ye it probably is but what im asking is how its right because looking at it the solutions look wrong if worked out from the quadratics he got...i need a explanation as to how it is right because i got the numbers he got but different signs so instead of a positive it was a negative and vice versa so i need a explanation as to how the answers to those quadratics are what he put
Anyone got a copy of the question paper to upload?
Reply 507
Original post by qasimk

You're right, that question screwed me up...
Reply 508
Original post by Lornieee
Yeah someone posted the question paper, so it defintiely was 0-180, so we must be right? :smile:

Even though i don't need it for a my Uni place I still hope so!
Reply 509
Original post by ibysaiyan
I am afraid you have got the simpsons wrong since it was 1/3 times 55. something to give 18.3 or 18.4 ?
As for trig yes you can;t have sin^-1 (2) , so you had to solve -1/4 :smile:

Yh i relise that now! I said to myself I need to check this then i just ended running out of time to check it, 3/4 for working :P?
Hate 98% of practise questions for simpsons rules i get right then the other 2% something goes wrong on my calculator.
Reply 510
Original post by qasimk

because the two graphs intersect each other so you have to put them equal to each other to find the points of intersection- of course the x values.

because the linear graph had a modulus, u therefore multiply it by minus sign and again put it equal to the equation of the quadratic in which case you get the second formula and hence the solutions.
does anyone have the question paper for this ???
Reply 512
I come bearing many gifts :tongue:

Erm, Model solutions + Question paper for the C3
Original post by A2V712

Original post by A2V712
I come bearing many gifts :tongue:

Erm, Model solutions + Question paper for the C3

Brilliant thanks for that, just checked those answers and compared to mine, and I should if I remember them correctly have 100 ums
Reply 514
Original post by loki276
Brilliant thanks for that, just checked those answers and compared to mine, and I should if I remember them correctly have 100 ums

100 UMS?? Not bad, I think I'm looking at 99 but that's more than enough for my A* so sorted :smile:
I think i got like 45/46 raw marks in that paper.. =/ I need atleast a C in maths for my course.. :s-smilie: I suck so bad at exams.. Fine in class.. :frown:
Hmm I think I have lost 2 max, marks wise. Which I am fairly gutted with. I bloody well hoped I could hit 100% on it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending