The Student Room Group

Medicine Abroad - Czech and Poland :D

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by SilverstarDJ
I think there are some companies who do allow you to take out loans to cover Uni fees abroad? Or maybe what you say is true.

In any case, at least living expenses would be much cheaper in those countries then over here.

P.S.
Gdansk is a beautiful seaside city in Poland in my opinion. Not sure about the one in Czech though.

No loans are possible for studying abroad..

Thats something all applicants do look at some stage but there is no way for a loan..
What grades are you expected to obtain?
Reply 22
I have a friend in Poland studying medicine. He knows almost no Polish but seems to be getting along fine. He said it's costing his dad £20k a year to send him there. The grades you need are lower for Czech/Poland, but like people have said you need to pass admissions tests. My friend failed the Czech one (his older brother went there) but got into Poland.
Reply 23
Hello, if u want any questions about poland il be happy 2 answer.. im currently a medical student in poland :smile:
Why not reapply for a UK Medical school. Another year wont affect you that much and you will have a much more enjoyable time, not having to worry about settling into a new country and learning a new language.

It seems slightly insane to do this, if you meet the entry requirements of UK Medical Schools, Reapply is the way forward.
i heard its hard to get a job back in england after graduating from there?
Original post by ledleyking123
i heard its hard to get a job back in england after graduating from there?

You would have to sit the GMC PLAB 1 and 2.
Original post by carcinoma
You would have to sit the GMC PLAB 1 and 2.

what's that, i thought you wouldn't do anything extra as Prague is in the EU.
what's that, i thought you wouldn't do anything extra as Prague is in the EU.

Yea the PLAB is only for those outside the EEC.
yeah so why are you saying they need to sit that lol
Reply 30
Original post by star27
Hello, if u want any questions about poland il be happy 2 answer.. im currently a medical student in poland :smile:

Hi there are just a few stuff i would like to ask u, im considering to apply for the unis in either poland or hungary myself for next year, but im not sure where to apply.
yeah so why are you saying they need to sit that lol

By mistake.

Also the GMC will begin checking the competency of EEA graduates.

http://web2.bma.org.uk/nrezine.nsf/wd/RTHS-8JHDUY?OpenDocument&C=9+July+2011
Im going to study dentistry in Poznan, Poland next week :biggrin: The uni is called Poznan University of Medical Sciences and is voted as the best med school in Poland this year!

I have a friend who's already studying there too, she's about to start her 4th year, and she absolutley loves the place. Apparently Poznan is a real student's town!

You can check out their website here: http://www.ump.edu.pl/eng/index.php?department=1

:smile:
Original post by navbertilss1
Im going to study dentistry in Poznan, Poland next week :biggrin: The uni is called Poznan University of Medical Sciences and is voted as the best med school in Poland this year!

I have a friend who's already studying there too, she's about to start her 4th year, and she absolutley loves the place. Apparently Poznan is a real student's town!

You can check out their website here: http://www.ump.edu.pl/eng/index.php?department=1

How can you afford the tuition fees. Something like 16,000 dollars. per year :eek:
Reply 34
Its been so long that i have been trying to find someone who is going to go Gdansk (poland) to study medicine this year !

If anyone is going there please LET ME KNOW !!
im going there in a few weeks now...
Would be brilliant if anyone else is going too so we can go together !

Original post by firestar101
How can you afford the tuition fees. Something like 16,000 dollars. per year :eek:

Student loan:tongue:
Original post by navbertilss1
Student loan:tongue:

You cannot get a student loan for going abroad. It is impossible.
What would people say about studying medicine in China? Is it a bad idea?
Reply 38
Original post by Le Masquerador.
What would people say about studying medicine in China? Is it a bad idea?

LOL !!

That was my initial plan... to go China.
I have a relative there studying medicine so i was thinking of going there...
its really cheap and easy to get in... but i think you need to have biology, chemistry AND PHYSICS!

The first 6months or so you spend learning Chinese only..
But its not worth crap...
their degree is worth only as much as the paper its written on...

When you come to the UK or go anywhere in the world your screwed... So hard to get a job placement.

BUT its easy to get a place in China if you have good contacts.
Original post by firestar101
You cannot get a student loan for going abroad. It is impossible.

Well im originally Swedish, and we're able to do that :rolleyes:

Quick Reply