The Student Room Group

Please help EDEXCEL ICT UNIT 7 MORESHIRE

Hi everybody!

I am taking the first part of my ICT unit 7 A Level tomorrow and I would like anybody who has already seen the exam to tell me what is going on in Activity 1.

Please be free to discuss any other things related to the exam here!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey i started this exam last week. cant really remember activity 1. but it was short and easy.

Activity 2 is the structure. you'll have four tables:
tblReview
tblMember
tblFilm
tblPayment

Activity 3 you need to create the login form, registration form and the payment form.

Activity 4 is the testing

Activity 5 is the reviews- in report style

Activity 6- Evaluation

hope that helps a little :smile: its an easy exam.
Reply 2
Thank you so much!
that has been so helpful

do you remember if we have to do a data flow diagram, or is it an input process output chart?

Thanks again!
Reply 3
heey!! thanks there!

any idea of how to do the actual testing (Activity 4) and the Evaluation (ACt 6)?
Reply 4
Activity1: There was no flow diagram. there was a table where you had to identify things that were generated, input and outputs i think. also there was a question about "two ways you could prevent the students from viewing charlottes admin area".

The testing is very easy,they tell you to enter some data into the registration and payment form you created and you just take screenshot of the message boxes.

The evaluation i just looked at it because im doing it on tuesday but they just asked us to evaulate the performance of the database but there might have been more. hope this helps.
Reply 5
Needed help on how to actually link the tables together?
Iv got:
tblMember linked with tblReview by Username
tblFilm linked with tblReview by FilmID

But confused on how to link tblPayment with tblReview? Would like some help please
Reply 6
help needed please!!!! please inbox me the questions if any one knows them, much appreciation
Reply 7
do you know what the FilmMonth field is for?
in a further question I saw they ask you to create a report showing the comments of the films based on its date, could it be by using this "FilmMonth"?

Thank you very much!
Reply 8
Original post by albertosla
do you know what the FilmMonth field is for?
in a further question I saw they ask you to create a report showing the comments of the films based on its date, could it be by using this "FilmMonth"?

Thank you very much!

yeah its to do the report, they ask you to show the reviews for certain months only.
Reply 9
Original post by umarm_3191
Needed help on how to actually link the tables together?
Iv got:
tblMember linked with tblReview by Username
tblFilm linked with tblReview by FilmID

But confused on how to link tblPayment with tblReview? Would like some help please

I had 4 tables: TblMember, TblFilm,TblPayment & TblReview
I had the username field in tblMember,tblPayment and tblReview.
I had the FilmID In tblPayment and tblFilm and tblReview.
I used that structure and everything worked properly. TblPayment And TblReview don’t need to be linked together because in tblReview there is the film ID and the username, so you don’t need to show anything about the payment.

I hope this helps and good luck on the exam! :smile:
Reply 10
does any one know how to do the login form
please help a brother out
Reply 11
Original post by hima22

Original post by hima22
I had 4 tables: TblMember, TblFilm,TblPayment & TblReview
I had the username field in tblMember,tblPayment and tblReview.
I had the FilmID In tblPayment and tblFilm and tblReview.
I used that structure and everything worked properly. TblPayment And TblReview don’t need to be linked together because in tblReview there is the film ID and the username, so you don’t need to show anything about the payment.

I hope this helps and good luck on the exam! :smile:

Thanks Hima22, So which will be the main one which everything is linked to? Im guessing you link username from tblMember to tblReview, FilmID from tblFilm to tblReview, but how did you link tblPayment to any of it?

And did all the importing of the data work properly?

and thanks for that :smile: hopefully it will help
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 12
how do i link the query to the form? to work out the age?
Reply 13
Does anyone know what the dataset is like. Obviously you cant give the whole thing but a brief outline on what it is like would be greatly appreciated.
Reply 14
Original post by a.shhh108
how do i link the query to the form? to work out the age?

when you created the registration form, create a text box. name it "txtAge".
Name the text box for DOB as "txtDOB". then in the Age text box enter this code:
=DateDiff("yyyy",[txtDOB],Now())+Int(Format(Now(),"mmdd")<Format([txtDOB],"mmdd"))

This will calculate the age. you can then use a macro so that when a user tries to create an account, if they are younger than 15 the record wont be saved.
Reply 15
Two text Files:

Members - Username, FirstName, SecondName, DOB, Password, AddressLine1, Town, City, Accepted.

Films - FilmID, ReviewID, PaymentID, Title, Genre, FilmMonth, Comments, Star Rating, PaymentAmount, DatePaid, AddressLine1, FirstName, Surname.

Think thats all of them :smile:
Reply 16
=|
Reply 17
Hey, does anyone know how to create the formula that generates the unique username ID code? it's a mixture of both letters and numbers
Reply 18
Original post by sara123
Hey, does anyone know how to create the formula that generates the unique username ID code? it's a mixture of both letters and numbers

=Left([txtFirstName],3)&Left([txtLastName],2)&DLookup(“HighestNumber”,”qryFindHighestNumber”)+1
Reply 19
Thank you so much!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending