Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

2011/12 Government Sixth Form/College Bursary Application

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering where you'd have to apply to get it? Will you have to sign up with the college to qualify for it?
    With EMAs, before they were scrapped, people would've applied by now. But with the new bursary scheme, I have no idea when to apply or whether I qualify or anything. Any information?
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baddream)
    I was wondering where you'd have to apply to get it? Will you have to sign up with the college to qualify for it?
    With EMAs, before they were scrapped, people would've applied by now. But with the new bursary scheme, I have no idea when to apply or whether I qualify or anything. Any information?
    I second this. What's going on with it???
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Part A)
    I second this. What's going on with it???
    I know. I want answers...
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    bump
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Educatio.../EMA/DG_066955

On the direct gov website it says that if you recived the full £30 amount then this year you will get £20 a week instead but i don't know how to apply for this, or will I get it automatically.

Does anyone know?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've heard that it depends on the college so they'll give out forms & stuff when school starts
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cat_cat)
    http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Educatio.../EMA/DG_066955

On the direct gov website it says that if you recived the full £30 amount then this year you will get £20 a week instead but i don't know how to apply for this, or will I get it automatically.

Does anyone know?
    I'm in the same situation. I assume, since its only for people currently receiving £30 EMA, that the new notice of entitlements (that we signed at the start of the year) will be automatically sent to us since no new applications are being accepted. You could always call the EMA phone number thing on the directgov website, or ask your EMA coordinator at your school.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmakh123)
    I'm in the same situation. I assume, since its only for people currently receiving £30 EMA, that the new notice of entitlements (that we signed at the start of the year) will be automatically sent to us since no new applications are being accepted. You could always call the EMA phone number thing on the directgov website, or ask your EMA coordinator at your school.

Yeahi will probably end up calling them. My school is useless when it comes to things like this.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I had an induction at my next sixth form and they said the bursary scheme is down to schools as opposed to how it was before; sending off applications to councils or whatever. This time you apply directly to the college/sixth form.

Here's a site that gives more info:

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Educatio...16to19_bursary

I don't know anything else about it though!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 2, 2011
New on TSR

So how did you do?

Come into the GCSE forum to share your grades

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.