The Student Room Group

Why are baby humans so unlikable?

Scroll to see replies

To be honest compared to what babies of other animals look like, I think humans don't do too bad at all.
Reply 41
It's life. You were once like that, and I don't see a probl;em with breastfeeding in public...it's natural! If you don't like it then turn the other cheek and go.

"5 young chavvy kids aged i think between 2-5 (wearing Ellesse and Kapppa clothing, missing teeth," << KIDS HAVE MISSING TEETH. THEY ARE KIDS. oh dear.
Reply 42
I also always wondered why I thought animal babies were so much cuter than human babies. :s-smilie: I can't say I really like them... give me any foal/kitten/puppy/etc and I will play with it all day. Human babies make me go "er..." and politely remove myself from their company.

I do agree though that parents need to stop spoiling their children and letting them do whatever just because they can't be bothered. Manners are taught early and there's no excuse for not teaching your kids how to behave in public. The Times ran a few articles about it... that we're basically moving towards a child-worshipping society where if you have children you're pretty much entitled to anything because its so big and special being a parent. So I would say that parents are more insufferable than those poor children they raise.
Reply 43
You were a baby once.
I think its more the parents than the children. Though you definatly have a tolerance problem (and the thing about "I think they were UNEMPLOYED"... I mean wtf?!). I know that with more modern yummy mummy's, there tends to be a trend away from using dummies (my cousin being one "forward thinking" mum), which leads to the baby screaming to soothe itself off to sleep, where a dummy would probably stop that issue! But mostly, babies have no way of communicating, so what do you expect them to do? Starve to death in silence???
It's only ever parents I have a problem with, it's their duty to raise their kids to be polite. I was in a shop the other day and this woman just grabbed her toddler and told him to shut the f*ck up. I was like :K:

Babies are always going to cry and want feeding. Why shouldn't a mother be able to breastfeed her child? That's what breasts are actually there for. I would never expect a woman to have to do so in a toilet.

All generations of people have their cons. There are some teens, for instance, who get stupidly drunk and give us other teens a bad name.
Reply 46
The thing about kids is they can't be left at home on their own to look after themselves.
The thing about parents is not all of them are lucky enough to have people that will baby sit for them or have good childcare arrangements.

So parents have to take their children out with them OR just never go out.
I've haven't left my house for about a week now and i'm going a little stir crazy so i don't think that would be very fair...

There are certain places that i wouldn't take a baby/ small child though for common sense reasons.
I know! Dalek babies, on the other hand, are the most adorable things in existence....
Original post by Luceria
Is this you?

I love you. :biggrin: You are brilliant. Partly because of that sig (Tom Felton...:coma:) but mostly because of that post. :lol:
Hmmm. I like babies that I'm related to in some way. My godmum's baby is the most adorable girl ever, and I happily spent a whole afternoon and evening with her, even though she was ill and would projectile-vomit whenever you tried to feed her.

I mainly get annoyed by kids on buses though. You know the ones I mean - the ones screaming and running around and climbing all over the seats and kicking the backs of the seats. But then, that's the parents' fault more than anything.
Reply 50
You should spend less time in Burger King.
Babies are cute unless their parents raise them poorly or with bad manners.
Reply 52
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
You do know that everyone has to be a baby at some point, don't you? *awkward*

Original post by oHellno
You were a baby once.

Original post by AspiringGenius
Were you not a baby once?

I always see this argument and never understand it. I was an annoying 13 year old once, does that mean I have to like annoying 13 year olds?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 53
were you not a baby before this?
Reply 54
Original post by Cicerao

Original post by Cicerao
I always see this argument and never understand it. I was an annoying 13 year old once, does that mean I have to like annoying 13 year olds?

No. But there's also no point moaning about how women shouldn't have babies.
Original post by Cicerao

Of course you don't have to like annoying 13 year olds. But I'm sure you admit that not all 13 year olds are annoying.

OP is stating that all babies are "unlikable". I actually think they're cute, anyway :biggrin:.
Reply 56
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
Of course you don't have to like annoying 13 year olds. But I'm sure you admit that not all 13 year olds are annoying.

OP is stating that all babies are "unlikable". I actually think they're cute, anyway :biggrin:.

Okay fair play. Well actually I do love annoying 13 year olds...just happens to be the verb annoying rather than the adjective. :awesome:
Reply 57
*queue
Original post by deepspace91
I am one of many people who just can't really stand being in close range of a baby:frown:
I was in Burger king in the Que yesterday and some guy had one of those baby jackets that you tie around the waist strapped to him, with the baby screaming like mad. an ugly sight
next thing they sit down not far from us and the mother then starts breastfeeding it.:frown:

Same day, same burger king as I'm sitting there half way through my lunch, after the babies and its parents had gone, another couple of adults came in with their 5 young chavvy kids aged i think between 2-5 (wearing Ellesse and Kapppa clothing, missing teeth, foul language, screaming hyperactive laughter,, all 5 kids) sitting right behind me swearing at one another. worst thing was, I overheard the momma saying number 6 is on the way and she looked pregnant, also I think they were both unemployed!!

I was also in the shopping center today and I was walked into by at least 5prams.

Women. stop having babies!!!

Maybe...possibly...steer clear of burger king/KFC/McDonalds/all other fast food restaurants. you KNOW the chavs hang out there. Chavs = babies.
Reply 59
I said to my friend yesterday, women aren't having kids to just have them, they're having them so they can use prams as battering rams.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending