The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Ultimate St Andrews Accommodation Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/admissions/ug/prospectus/

You'll have to do a bit of virtual page flicking, but the prospectus has some good accommodation pictures, but they sadly don't sepcify which halls, but it's easy to tell which are the older ones! :smile:
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 81
She is studying Chemistry with Medicinal Chemistry. Worried that she won't make friends as she is not in a proper "flat" but everybody is putting her mind at rest. After all, once you choose your kitchen you will always use the same one, as will the other occupants.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 82
can anybody comment on how Fife Park houses are? Plz..
Can anybody explain me what FPA/NS1002 means?and 1003? Me and my friend seem to have rooms nearby
Reply 84
Original post by DariaKirillovna
Can anybody explain me what FPA/NS1002 means?and 1003? Me and my friend seem to have rooms nearby

FPA = Fife Park Appartments
NS = Name of the building abbreviated
10 = Flat 10
02 or 03 = Room number

So you and your friend are in the same flat :smile:
Thank you so much!!!!
Reply 86
Original post by Ecosse_14
FPA = Fife Park Appartments
NS = Name of the building abbreviated
10 = Flat 10
02 or 03 = Room number

So you and your friend are in the same flat :smile:

I have been allocated NSS1a, which I guess from the extortionate rate is a Studio, Flat 1 of the same building... Hello neighbours in Flat 10! Does anyone know how the numbering works i.e. are the higher numbered flats on the higher floors?
Hi there! I've heard somewhere that flats from 1to 3 are the first floor etc. So it seems to me that my apartment is on the 4th floor.
Reply 88
Original post by clabcom
I have been allocated NSS1a, which I guess from the extortionate rate is a Studio, Flat 1 of the same building... Hello neighbours in Flat 10! Does anyone know how the numbering works i.e. are the higher numbered flats on the higher floors?

Yeah, the higher numbered flats are on the higher floors. DRA is 3 on each floor, and FPA is probably the same.
Reply 89
Hi there! I've heard somewhere that flats from 1to 3 are the first floor etc. So it seems to me that my apartment is on the 4th floor.

Flat 1 is probably on the ground floor which means no stairs and might be useful if I take up cycling again (too risky in London IMHO), but may feel a bit weird! 4th floor must be near the top, no?
Yep, Im just a bit confused about first and ground floor, I have no ground floor in Russian language so it was my mistake.
Reply 91
Yep, Im just a bit confused about first and ground floor, I have no ground floor in Russian language so it was my mistake.

Our first floor must be your second floor...
Reply 92
Original post by Top Dog

May seem a stupid question, but are you allocated a kitchen near your bedroom or is it a free-for-all. If so, need to get there early! Don't want a kitchen a long way from the bedroom.
Reply 93
I would imagine so. I think it will be a case of rooms 1-6 (or however many) have kitchen A then 2-10 get B and so on.
Reply 94
Reply 95
Hi all !

I will be in Andrews Melville next year :smile: I am already thinking of what I need to take (many things obviously :tongue:) and I was wondering if there is an ironing board in halls (not that I plan to take one with me !). Can someone tell me ?
Thanks ! :biggrin:
Reply 96
Original post by ValB
Hi all !

I will be in Andrews Melville next year :smile: I am already thinking of what I need to take (many things obviously :tongue:) and I was wondering if there is an ironing board in halls (not that I plan to take one with me !). Can someone tell me ?
Thanks ! :biggrin:

I know there was in Uni hall and I'm pretty sure they are provided in all halls as you aren't allowed to iron in your room so they kind of have to provide them. We had 3 ironing boards and irons per floor. but really, you'll learn that hanging things up straight out of the tumble drier means ironing is not required. haha
Reply 97
Original post by Oh-WOW
I know there was in Uni hall and I'm pretty sure they are provided in all halls as you aren't allowed to iron in your room so they kind of have to provide them. We had 3 ironing boards and irons per floor. but really, you'll learn that hanging things up straight out of the tumble drier means ironing is not required. haha

Haha ok thanks for the info ! I know I'll be pretty lazy to use it, but it's good to know :wink:
Reply 98
Original post by ValB
Haha ok thanks for the info ! I know I'll be pretty lazy to use it, but it's good to know :wink:

If that fails, you can always put the shower on the hottest setting and turn the bathroom into a mini sauna, the high humidity will help minimise/eliminate any creases in clothes. 10 mins should do!
Reply 99
Melville has a drying room with two irons and ironing boards. Maybe it has two drying rooms, but I never found the other one :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending