The Student Room Group

Which institutions are best to study GDL/CPE?

Hi,

Im currently working on my GDL/CPE application and I'm debating where to apply to. I'm pretty attracted to studying in London, so either College of Law or BPP. I saw some table which ranked College of Law first, then BPP, then Nottingham Law School third. I don't have any strong impulses about where to go (just want to study law), and so am more concerned about where's considered best for teaching.

I'm also told there's guaranteed places for Warwick students at The College of Law, even if you get a 2:2 (obviously not aiming for one, but still attractive all the same!)..

Just wondered if anyone could help me out with this. I tried asking careers and they weren't keen to crudely rank them.. Any feedback on institutions/employer preferences would be appreciated. I know some employers stipulate where to do the LPC, but I've not read anything on the GDL.

Thanks in advance,

Michelle :smile:
Reply 1
it really doesnt matter
Reply 2
If you wish to become a Solicitor law firms do not appear to have particularly strong preferences. If however, you are considering the Bar the general consensus is to take the CPE at City, which is apparently quite rigorous and is taught by a number of Oxbridge Fellows.
Reply 3
i think cardiff and uwe are the only institutions which are rated excellent on the cpe course ..... i think out side of london.....there might be more in london

Latest

Trending

Trending