Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Walking Dead

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 15-09-2014
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lil Piranha)
    Well I was planning on doing that anyway, I just didn't know if it was considered bad form or something.

Anyway...

PLOT SYNOPSIS FOR SEASON 2 EP 13 (Season Finale) - do NOT read if you don't want to know what happens!

Spoiler:
    Show
    Shot opens in Atlanta: a group of walkers are feasting on what looks like Rick's horse, or what's left of it, when they're startled by the sound of a helicopter flying overhead. The horde migrates over several days, weeks, a great distance, and eventually comes to a fence. The fence bows and breaks under the relentless forward motion of the walkers. The herd presses on. Wandering aimlessly in the forest, the walkers turn as a gunshot goes off like a beacon, leading them to dinner. Soon they are closing in on Rick and Carl, as they leave the scene of Shane's murder.

Daryl and Glenn arrive back at the farmhouse. They explain that they heard a gunshot, and share their confounding findings about Randall.

As they walk back to the house, Carl asks Rick about what happened to Shane. Soon after, they notice the walkers bearing down on them, and it's not long before they are overtaken and have to make a run for the barn. Back at the house, the rest of the survivors are just figuring out that Carl is missing and walkers are approaching. Lori is panicking. Hershel passes out the guns.

The horde is making quick work of the barn. Rick dumps gasoline everywhere, busts open the door to lure the zombies inside, and climbs up to the loft with Carl. Carl drops a lighter into the gasoline-soaked hay, igniting everything in sight. Meanwhile, the men and Andrea shoot from their cars in a futile attempt to corral the herd and buy time.

Finally, Daryl figures out that Rick and Carl must be in the barn, and instructs Jimmy to drive the RV to the barn to rescue them. Rick and Carl manage to barely escape, while Jimmy is devoured inside the RV. Blood is everywhere, coating the windshield.

The survivors are starting to run out of ammo. The horde is too large.The women hold hands and make a run for it as Hershel makes a last stand for the farmhouse. They are just about clear when Patricia is attacked from the side and is devoured while Beth is still holding onto her.

Carol is headed off by a few walkers and backed into a corner with nothing but a plank of wood to defend herself. Andrea saves her but is attacked from behind and gets pinned under a walker. T-dog pulls his car around, but quickly has to leave the scene with Beth and Lori before the car is overtaken.

Glenn tells Maggie that the farm is lost; they have to get off the farm, now. Hershel comes to the same realization, almost too late, as a walker sneaks up from behind. Rick saves Herschel and they along with Carl head out in their own direction. Glenn and Maggie take off as well. Daryl finds Carol about to collapse from running, and they speed off together on Daryl's motorcycle. Andrea is abandoned. The barn collapses into the flames. And we're not even halfway done.

The group is now scattered. Glenn and Maggie switch places in the car as Maggie breaks down and can't continue driving. Glenn says they need to make their way to the highway, but Maggie protests that the herd came from that direction. Glenn finally tells Maggie that he loves her.

Rick, Carl, and Hershel arrive at the highway, where they left the care package for Sophia, hoping that the others will think to rendezvous here. Hershel is ready to part ways, but Rick wants to stick together.

Lori and T-Dog argue over where to drive. T-Dog wants to head to the coast, but Lori threatens to jump out of the car if he doesn't turn around and go back to the highway.

A walker appears on the highway. Rick is about to give up on waiting any longer, but… in the nick of time, the other survivors arrive. Time for a head count:

Shane - dead
    Andrea - missing
    Patricia - taken by the walkers
    Jimmy - splattered all over the RV

Meanwhile, Andrea is running for her life in the woods, but the walkers pursue her tirelessly. She can't keep this up for long. Walkers are emerging from the trees in random directions as Andrea shoots to clear a path.

The survivors leave the highway, pushing onward, but soon run out of gas. Several people start to panic and are on the verge of giving up. Rick tries to pull everyone together. The conversation turns to Randall and Shane. Rick has to come clean. He reveals that the secret Jenner whispered to him at the CDC was that everyone is a carrier of the infection. The group is not happy that Rick has kept this from them.

Lori and Rick talk privately. Rick tells her what went down with Shane, and confesses that it wasn't just self-defense… he wanted Shane dead, he was tired of Shane dogging him and acting like Rick stole Lori and Carl from him. Lori freaks out when she finds out Carl's role in Shane's death and withdraws from Rick, refusing to let him touch her.

Andrea is exhausted. This is the end of the line. She can't carry her gun-bag any longer, her pistol is out of ammo -- she bashes in a walker's head with it -- now she's down to knives, another walker practically on top of her… enter Michonne to save Andrea at the last minute, towing two armless walkers in chains, samurai sword in hand.

The rest of the survivors set up camp in the middle of nowhere. They may have found each other again amid the chaos, but the group is still broken. Many are ready to run off into the dark and leave Rick behind, fend for themselves. They are on the verge of splitting up again, when Rick takes back control... he says they're not going anywhere; he killed his best friend for them. This isn't a democracy anymore.

The camera pans up… in the distance looms a prison facility.

End of Season 2

I was right about what Jenner said
    Hehehee I skimmed the beginning. Now I am going to run away and not venture onto this thread for fear I'll read it properly.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    There is a thread about this show!?!?! How did I not know this! Ahh I have been living with knowing nobody else who watches this show for so long!!!
    Hurrah!

Anyway ,
    First I'm just wondering - what were people's thoughts on them wanting to kill that guy in the other episode? (Randal?) I thought it was pretty harsh of them to just assume he'd be a bastard. Oh and why was the kid all creepy and weird in that episode? Freaked me out a little And oh my god - Dale - I thought that was really sad.
    But the latest episode. Oh my god. So good. I'll spoiler this just in case someone hasn't seen...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Awesome episode. Glad they killed off shane to be honest, he was horrible and was starting to do my head in. I hope that Glen and Daryl are OK (they're still in the woods right?), they're some of my favourite characters at the moment.
    I was kind of assuming that all dead people just woke up as zombies? But reading bits on this thread made me remember science guy and stuff so maybe there is like an 'infection' thing. I don't know which way I'd prefer it to be honest.
    What characters are people expecting them to kill off? (Please no spoilers if you know what happens please! Just speculation. My guesses would be Hershel's people (but probably not Maggie because then Glen will be sad ) and then I think only 1 other from the main group (seeing as they've just killed 2). I'm thinking Carol? Maybe somebody'll get really hurt too.
    Either way I'm glad that this means they'll probably get out of the farm. Scenery needed changing.
    Can't wait for the next episode! All those zombies

This show is like my drug sometimes
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pen Island)

This show is like my drug sometimes
    I considered committing myself to rehab for the duration of the mid-season interval.
    • 37 followers

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how long the gap between Season 2 and 3 will be? A third Season has been confirmed by the team and cast at this Comic convention thing I saw online. Another eighteen episodes, with a Season 4 "... Almost certain". That was if the fan base keeps going strong, which I can imagine will remain the case. Its become a cult.

There is so much more from the comics to come into the TV Series. I'm glad, however, that Hershel's farm is drawning to a close. A fantastic series, no question, but it was beginning to drag before the second half of this Season started. Now I'm glad its back on the road.

The Prison, at least in the Comics, is fantastic. So that'll be interesting, but there's also quite a lot more, many more interesting characters and a whole bunch more deaths.

Another question, which raises an issue: Everyone is infected, as stated by another user and the directing team this is the case. However, that being the case, wont Lori's baby by default be a Walker? Something similar happened in the Dawn of the Dead remake, except the women was heavily pregnant and then bitten, trasnferring the disease.

Finally, good news all around, Duane and his Dad are on the way back early Season 3, also confirmed. :yep: Glad they made it. Everyone knew they would, no need to spoiler that.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Thing I don't understand - so apparently they're all infected already, right? How come Shane was transitioning into zombie mode before he even died? When he was alone in the shed with the guy he was acting strange, breathing like an animal, strange eye movements, gazed hungrily at the blood on his wrists. It also changed his personality; Shane was a fantastic character - I don't believe he was evil, he just had a chaotic way of good - ie making sacrifices to save Rick's son, freeing the zombies from the barn. Towards the end when he was zombing out at Rick totally wasn't him...

So if people can transition to Z's while they're still alive how come it has only happened to Shane?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DoctorJay)
    x
    Someone forgot spoiler tags :rolleyes:
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DH-Biker)
    Another question, which raises an issue: Everyone is infected, as stated by another user and the directing team this is the case. However, that being the case, wont Lori's baby by default be a Walker? Something similar happened in the Dawn of the Dead remake, except the women was heavily pregnant and then bitten, trasnferring the disease.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    The baby would have to be stillborn as well as infected, don't you think? If everyone's infected, then obviously the infection needs its victims to be dead before it takes hold and turns them into walkers.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Thing I don't understand - so apparently they're all infected already, right? How come Shane was transitioning into zombie mode before he even died? When he was alone in the shed with the guy he was acting strange, breathing like an animal, strange eye movements, gazed hungrily at the blood on his wrists. It also changed his personality; Shane was a fantastic character - I don't believe he was evil, he just had a chaotic way of good - ie making sacrifices to save Rick's son, freeing the zombies from the barn. Towards the end when he was zombing out at Rick totally wasn't him...

So if people can transition to Z's while they're still alive how come it has only happened to Shane?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I know what you mean; I noticed Shane acting more and more like a walker during that episode. However, I don't think that was actually to indicate that he was really turning into one, for a few reasons. For one thing, if he was turning into a walker, the writers would have let him complete the transition to make it obvious that that was what was happening. For another, it wasn't the infection that changed his personality; he was just becoming more and more unhinged and desperate. That was in his personality from the start - he considered murdering Rick all the way back in the second episode, it just took him this long to degenerate far enough to carry it out.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [spoiler)
    I know what you mean; I noticed Shane acting more and more like a walker during that episode. However, I don't think that was actually to indicate that he was really turning into one, for a few reasons. For one thing, if he was turning into a walker, the writers would have let him complete the transition to make it obvious that that was what was happening. For another, it wasn't the infection that changed his personality; he was just becoming more and more unhinged and desperate. That was in his personality from the start - he considered murdering Rick all the way back in the second episode, it just took him this long to degenerate far enough to carry it out.[/spoiler]
    [spolier]Why do you think they showed Shane acting like a Zombie then? to hint that he was infected? Or his humanity breaking down?
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    [spolier]Why do you think they showed Shane acting like a Zombie then? to hint that he was infected? Or his humanity breaking down?
    Both, I think.
    • 37 followers

ReputationRep:
    Third Season set for October 2012 (25th, I think) and it will run similarly to how Season 2 ran. Split into two parts, one will lead up till November/December, then a second half will take over in February.

David Morrissey has been confirmed as The Governor. He's a fantastic actor, and such a pivitol role needs a good actor. For those who haven't read the comics:

Spoiler:
    Show
    The Governor is the main antagonist of The Walking Dead. During the initial outbreak, Phillip/Brian Blake took forty survivors to Woodbury, there was already another group there and Blake adopted the role of a leader, calling himself The Governor. In the comic, by this point its Rick and several other survivors, including Carl. Lori has been shot in the prison, the set for early Season 3, and whether this will retain truth to the TV series is yet to be revealed. Initially Blake is hospitable, but things soon take a dire turn for the worse... As does most events in The Walking Dead...

Can't wait to see how he's going to role in this character. The Prison will be fantastic, as lots happens there, but Woodbury will more then likely be the centerpiece of the entire series. Though, what happens between now and then I can't wait to see.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Some pictures of the finale

Spoiler:
    Show
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Walking dead 1.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	65.7 KB 
ID:	136540
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	walking dead 2.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	55.4 KB 
ID:	136541
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Is it just me or does the person who plays Carl really annoy the crap out of you?

He just has really stupid and annoying facial expressions and I hate the fact that he just teleports out of nowhere in the most climatic scenes.
    • 37 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .eXe)
    Is it just me or does the person who plays Carl really annoy the crap out of you?

He just has really stupid and annoying facial expressions and I hate the fact that he just teleports out of nowhere in the most climatic scenes.
    I quite like Chandler Riggs, I find him good for his role. Though, I agree that the character just seems to evaporate.

He plays a much more pivitol role later on, so he'll be around more. It bothered me, however, that
    Spoiler:
    Show
    after what happened to Sofia
    , Lori and Rick wouldn't have that boy on a leash.

But no, I find him at least a half decent actor and quite a decent role. It gets better later on, where Carl starts to really come into his own. For now, though, he's still reeling from what's happend and you shouldn't expect anything, I'd imagine, until about the third episode of Season 3. That's if my TV-series/Comic time line matches, but the
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Prison we're going to be shown in October is where he starts to really expand.

For MAJOR spoilors
    Spoiler:
    Show
    When Lori dies, if she dies in the same manner she does in the comics, Carl goes all skewed. As you'd expect. I'll be interested to see how they adapt Chandler to this new role once his mother is murdered.
    • 17 followers

(Original post by Lil Piranha)
    Are we allowed to post future spoilers in spoiler tags? I've got the synopsis for the next episode (the finale) and it's a cracker
    You talked about Jenner and being right about what he said. What did he say?!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stray_talk)
    You talked about Jenner and being right about what he said. What did he say?!
    He told Rick that
    Spoiler:
    Show
    every human is a carrier of the infection. It just only activates when you die. So anyone who dies will reanimate unless they are killed by trauma to the brain or shot in the head after death. This is why Randall and Shane reanimated.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know where I can watch the latest episode from series 2?! I usually watch it on watch series but can't find one that you don't have to download first
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snapper1)
    Anyone know where I can watch the latest episode from series 2?! I usually watch it on watch series but can't find one that you don't have to download first
    http://watchseries.eu/letters/A

enjoy.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    This is what I normally use, and usually use the "putlocker" domain as you don't need to download anything but there doesn't seem to be any like that for Better Angels :/
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    This is what I normally use, and usually use the "putlocker" domain as you don't need to download anything but there doesn't seem to be any like that for Better Angels :/
    i dunno that's where i watched it from and i dont use putlocker, I prefer gorrilavid or daclips and they always work, although you may need to open up a couple different links to find the best one.
    • 37 followers

ReputationRep:
    I use Letmewatchthis. A dedicated Walking Dead site also uploads the shows as they come on, I'll try and find that again for you.

(Original post by .eXe)
    i dunno that's where i watched it from and i dont use putlocker, I prefer gorrilavid or daclips and they always work, although you may need to open up a couple different links to find the best one.
    Seconded. Whilst Putlocker works for me more often then not and its still the first I check, Gorrilavid is by and large the best for TV shows (whereas Putlocker tends to be better for actual films). Daclips I haven't used so I can't comment.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 2, 2014
New on TSR

A-level secrets uncovered

Learn from the experience of last year's A-level students

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki TV section

Quick link:

Unanswered TV threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.