The Student Room Group

The Walking Dead

Scroll to see replies

Reply 520
Original post by Roobsa
But TWD is set in a world inhabited by zombies and lawlessness. You didn't think everyone should be looking glamourous did you? :tongue:

It was just such a shock to see the difference. I didn't even realise it was the same actress until I stumbled upon a wikipedia article. She looked amazing when she was in the X-Files and I'm not even remotely attracted to her in TWD.
Reply 521
Original post by Taurus
Shane was my favourite character, he had to die, but he was just such a beast!
One of my favourite moments was him breaking the barn open :smile:

He was an ******* but that was pretty awesome. He was also right about wanting to kill that kid. Rick should have left him impaled on that fence. It was insane trying to save him when they had all those hoardes of zombies bearing down on them. Especially considering he had just been shooting at them.
Why did Shane become a walker?!? That really confused me!
Original post by snapper1
Why did Shane become a walker?!? That really confused me!

Spoiler

(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 524
Original post by Stray_talk
Everyone carries the virus and it's trigged by death.

this should be in spoiler man... there are people who might want to keep the suspense.
Reply 525
Original post by Stray_talk
Everyone carries the virus and it's trigged by death.

I don't understand how that can be the case as in the first episode of season two, there were dead bodies in some of them vehicles and as far as I can remember, they hadn't been killed by a head shot. I remember Carl trying to reach out for a tool on a dead man's body. If everyone has the virus and it is triggered by death, wouldn't he have been reanimated? I know they say that the times of reanimation can vary but it looked like his body had been there for quite some time.
Reply 526
Original post by advent2
I don't understand how that can be the case as in the first episode of season two, there were dead bodies in some of them vehicles and as far as I can remember, they hadn't been killed by a head shot. I remember Carl trying to reach out for a tool on a dead man's body. If everyone has the virus and it is triggered by death, wouldn't he have been reanimated? I know they say that the times of reanimation can vary but it looked like his body had been there for quite some time.

hmm that's a good catch. I am curious to know about this as well, although Ill admit I don't remember the exact scene very well. But when I found out that everyone does carry, then I began to wonder.

also, quick question...the 2 guys that rick kills in the bar when he goes in search for the old guy...one of them gets head shot while the other (fat guy) got shot in the chest a couple of times (iirc). so why didn't he re-animate?

or did he also get shot in the head?
Original post by .eXe
hmm that's a good catch. I am curious to know about this as well, although Ill admit I don't remember the exact scene very well. But when I found out that everyone does carry, then I began to wonder.

also, quick question...the 2 guys that rick kills in the bar when he goes in search for the old guy...one of them gets head shot while the other (fat guy) got shot in the chest a couple of times (iirc). so why didn't he re-animate?

I'm pretty sure it showed Rick standing over him and shooting him again. I don't think it showed the fat guys body, but it was implied he was 'finishing him off' with a shot to the head

Not sure though, haven't seen that episode since it aired.
Reply 528
Original post by .eXe

They all suffered head trauma.

Fat guy got two chest shots and then one to the end.
Original post by Taurus
Shane was my favourite character, he had to die, but he was just such a beast!
One of my favourite moments was him breaking the barn open :smile:

He was my favorite as well even though he was bad I was secretly rooting for him but in the more recent episodes I feel that he was going to far particularly when he thought that he could kill rick.
Original post by advent2

Original post by .eXe

This was explained in "The Talking Dead" and with a webcast with the directors.

You only return as a Walker if you died after you contracted the airborne virus and if you weren't killed via headtrauma.

The reason there are many dead bodies in the first two seasons is due to one or both of these prerequisites not being met. Some will have died prior to being exposed, others will have suffered head trauma in car accidents, shootings, blunt objects, etc. Others could've starved themselves, suffocated themselves, even poisoned themselves.

As for the two men in the bar, its possible they did reanimate. They weren't at the bar very long, maybe a few hours tops. Jenna mentioned that the reanimation times vary from minutes to days, so he could've been up and walking around after they left.

Everyone, by now, is infected. However many of the bodies at the start were likely there right at the start of the outbreak, thus the infection hadn't had time to fully grip the planet yet. Its a global outbreak, but who's to say the outbreak originated in the US? Or even had time to reach those escaping the cities in time?

It was clarified as that was one of the major "well hold on a minute!" moments.
I would like to see more of the opening days later in the Series, or as a spin off like the Webisodes were. By the way, those were fantastic, give 'em a watch!

During the 6th Ep when it shows Shane at the hospital trying to get Rick out, you can here helicopters, jets and lots of shooting going on outside and multiple soldiers inside. It'd be cool to see how they attempted to deal with the outbreak, plus what happened around the World. All we know is that France supposedly were the last to go.

Even during the Webisodes, set during the very first days, there's little in the way of military response, or people evacuating. There was a scene in one of the Season 2 Eps. showing Lori, Carl, Shane and a number of other survivors outside Atlanta, watching helicopters and Jets and the Jets firebombing the city. However, at that, those would be the only scenes even hinting at the opening days.

Later in the comics there are lots of referances back to the start of the infection, hopefully they'll expand on those later in the series too.

At the end of this year another fantastic Zombie flick is coming out, World War Z. WWZ, for those who haven't read it, is perhaps the greatest Zombie book ever written. Its absolutely fantastic. The Zombie Survival Guide and the short comic by the same Author, Max Brooks, are also fantastic and do somewhat link as a trio. In December a film is being adapted with Pitt as lead and co-written by Brooks. That should be fantastic and one of the key scenes is the Battle of Yonkers, a massive battle between the US Military and the Zombies. Played right, that should be one of the most memorable scenes in Zombie media ever, and hopefully the whole film will do World War Z justice. :yep:
Original post by DH-Biker
I would like to see more of the opening days later in the Series, or as a spin off like the Webisodes were. By the way, those were fantastic, give 'em a watch!

During the 6th Ep when it shows Shane at the hospital trying to get Rick out, you can here helicopters, jets and lots of shooting going on outside and multiple soldiers inside. It'd be cool to see how they attempted to deal with the outbreak, plus what happened around the World. All we know is that France supposedly were the last to go.

Even during the Webisodes, set during the very first days, there's little in the way of military response, or people evacuating. There was a scene in one of the Season 2 Eps. showing Lori, Carl, Shane and a number of other survivors outside Atlanta, watching helicopters and Jets and the Jets firebombing the city. However, at that, those would be the only scenes even hinting at the opening days.

Later in the comics there are lots of referances back to the start of the infection, hopefully they'll expand on those later in the series too.

At the end of this year another fantastic Zombie flick is coming out, World War Z. WWZ, for those who haven't read it, is perhaps the greatest Zombie book ever written. Its absolutely fantastic. The Zombie Survival Guide and the short comic by the same Author, Max Brooks, are also fantastic and do somewhat link as a trio. In December a film is being adapted with Pitt as lead and co-written by Brooks. That should be fantastic and one of the key scenes is the Battle of Yonkers, a massive battle between the US Military and the Zombies. Played right, that should be one of the most memorable scenes in Zombie media ever, and hopefully the whole film will do World War Z justice. :yep:

Do you have a link to the Webisodes? :smile: (Ones you can watch in the UK!)
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Lil Piranha
Do you have a link to the Webisodes? :smile: (Ones you can watch in the UK!)

I watched them here:

Link.

Where I watch the Walking Dead too. :yep: Among every other TV show known to man. :redface:

Thanks to another user on TSR whom posted this, however.
Original post by DH-Biker
I watched them here:

Link.

Where I watch the Walking Dead too. :yep: Among every other TV show known to man. :redface:

Thanks to another user on TSR whom posted this, however.

Thankyou ^_^
Reply 535
Hm, I thought because Shane got scratched by a walker - that's how he contracted the virus? &so became reanimated etc.

Thats what my house has all been thinking anyway. *shrug*
Reply 536
season finale tomorrow! p-pow!

what a shot eh? It was a very good scene!
I hope the show goes the way of Terra Nova.

The premise that these are the human beings who managed to stay alive is just too much for a cynic... bring on a zombie apocalypse movie/show where people wear appropriate clothing!
Original post by _Student_
The premise that these are the human beings who managed to stay alive is just too much for a cynic...

Why?

bring on a zombie apocalypse movie/show where people wear appropriate clothing!

Such as?

Quick Reply

Latest