The Student Room Group

The Walking Dead

Scroll to see replies

Reply 600
Original post by StarsAndBoulevard
I agree, she does nothing but complain, and then when it finally comes down to her actually needing to do something, she's nowhere to be seen.

well carol is only there as an incidental character...they will keep her in until the times comes to kill a random character off to keep the threat of death real. same with that black guy...forget his name. he literally has 2 lines every 5 episodes and they are usually just grunts or random black guy sayings like "thats dope" and "**** that is whack" lol. He's gonna get killed off soon hopefully along with Carl and if we're really lucky...Whori as well.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 601
What I want to know is how they lose that kid so much... post zombie appocalypse, after losing one child, and him wandering off countless times, they still manage to lose him again and again. Laurie is a total bellend too. Daryl is by far my favourite character in the show. I like that he is so well defined as a person, and he is also hardcore and interesting. I also like Glenn, and the blonde woman goes in and out of being a good character. I've heard that Merle might be coming back at some point? That should be obvious given that we didn't see his body.
Original post by joey11223
Trying not to read spoilers as I haven't quite caught up yet.

I have one question though (Spoilers for those who have not yet watched the last few episodes)....

The last episode I watched was the one that ended with Dale getting killed. I was wondering when he stumbles upon that cow, is the point that it's a zombie cow and the disease has jumped the species barrier? Or is it just a cow dying with it's insides spilled out..because that zombie attacked it as it was so starving for flesh?

Oh no I accidently read this and didn't realise it was a spoiler! I love this show but I can't get FX any more and I haven't bothered to find anywhere online to watch it. :frown: I don't understand why no one likes Carl, he's just a kid and I don't think he is any worse than any other child character who in my view are always a bit cringey.
Reply 603
I hope something really bad happens to Lori - I can't stand her character! I agree Carl is such a little ****...

Spoiler

(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 604
Original post by s_paterson
Oh no I accidently read this and didn't realise it was a spoiler! I love this show but I can't get FX any more and I haven't bothered to find anywhere online to watch it. :frown: I don't understand why no one likes Carl, he's just a kid and I don't think he is any worse than any other child character who in my view are always a bit cringey.

he's disobedient constantly
doesnt listen to his parents
followed shane around like he was his dad or something
teleports in and out of very important scenes...literally out of thin air
has some of the worst lines ever
is just looking for ways to get himself killed (even shane commented on that)
somehow was able to pull off a head shot on that walker from a good 10-15 feet away with a revolver (or was it pistol?)

Just a useless character overall and never ceases to annoy. Oh and also, got Dale killed.
Reply 605
Original post by .eXe
well carol is only there as an incidental character...they will keep her in until the times comes to kill a random character off to keep the threat of death real. same with that black guy...forget his name. he literally has 2 lines every 5 episodes and they are usually just grunts or random black guy sayings like "thats dope" and "**** that is whack" lol. He's gonna get killed off soon hopefully along with Carl and if we're really lucky...Whori as well.

Yes, I wish they would stop being so transparent about who is central and not going to die, and who is dispensible. I heard that in the comics the black guy is an awesome character, but they destroyed him in the series and have pretty much given up on him.

Spoiler

Reply 606
Original post by Elipsis

Spoiler

Wow that is actually a really good idea, I never thought of that hmm. I guess because

Spoiler

Reply 607

Spoiler

Reply 608
Original post by Elipsis

Spoiler

Same exact things are getting on my nerves although for #1

Spoiler

But yeah, at the time, it bothered me too.
Reply 609
Original post by .eXe
Wow that is actually a really good idea, I never thought of that hmm. I guess because

Spoiler

Spoiler

Reply 610
Original post by Elipsis

Spoiler

Spoiler

Reply 611
Original post by .eXe
Same exact things are getting on my nerves although for #1

Spoiler

But yeah, at the time, it bothered me too.

That was quite an interesting save.

Spoiler

I'm all for suspending your disbelief, because afterall the whole thing is totally implausable. I just wish they put that little bit more effort into continuation and character development, to turn this show from being good into being great.
Reply 612
Original post by Mudya

Spoiler

Spoiler

Reply 613
Original post by Elipsis
That was quite an interesting save.

Spoiler

I'm all for suspending your disbelief, because afterall the whole thing is totally implausable. I just wish they put that little bit more effort into continuation and character development, to turn this show from being good into being great.

Oh I agree completely. The thing is, the show itself relies heavily on realism in order to scare people and convince them that threats are real. They want the viewer to believe that their premise (however illogical) can be possible and that the threats that the characters face are real. However, then they go and do crazy things like get a head-shot every time they shoot, never keep an eye on their kid, and many other implausible things...their defense becomes...well this is a show about zombies for god sakes...crazy things happen and you shouldn't expect 100% realism.

But it's an interesting juxtaposition because its the realism aspect of the show (or the implied realism at least), which makes people want to watch it because that's what causes the scares and that's what makes the threats real.

It seems they can always get away with stupid writing though because at the end of the day...they're right...it really is a show about zombies lol.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 614
Original post by .eXe

Spoiler

Spoiler

Reply 615
Original post by Mudya

Spoiler

Spoiler

Reply 616
Original post by .eXe

Spoiler

It so would!!
Reply 617

Spoiler

Reply 618
Original post by Elipsis

Spoiler

Spoiler

Reply 619
The funny thing is that whori was also a bit of a prick in Prison Break too. I don't know if we are meant to have such hatred for her or not? I think it's her selfishness that pisses me off the most.

Quick Reply

Latest