Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Walking Dead

Announcements Posted on
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Right everyone is getting annoyed over Carl's little "Walk abouts" hes a kid in a zombie populated world surrounded by strong male figures he just wants to be one of the boys. Sure enough the death of dale is on him and i hope karma literally bits him in the ass.

Hershals shotgun spree. To be honest that was pretty epic to watch from someone who wanted to preserve the undead to rambo standing his ground was a much needed transformation. The amount of shells was a little over the top but at least they put the reloading part in to keep it sain.

Ohhhh Lori the most annoying of all people still alive on earth. She asks rick to protect his family and "Get rid" of Shane but when he does she has a panic attack i found that SUPER stupid.

Andreas little woodland adventure was surprisingly good for a woman who was on the verge of killing herself many times during the series it showed her determination to live i would like see how her character progresses without shane or her little "I don't want to live, life isnt fair!" rant. Also her secret savior with the sword i CAN'T wait to see.

Finally Ricks "Breakdown" i feel sorry on Rick everyone looks up to him to make choices that are best for the group but all he ever gets is grief and people complaining, like i said before Lori needs to just shut up for once over reacting to every little thing. The only reason anyone is the group (Except Daryl xD ) is alive is because of him"

Season 2 rating 7/10- I liked how we got to see everyone true side and everyone emotions coming out the lack of walkers is what did it for me but the season finale sure did pull it back.

• 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Daryl is the best character in the show, period. I especially like the fact that he supports Rick and seems to have his back. I hate that little idiot (lady who lost Sophia) because instead of supporting Rick (who went to great lengths to find her daughter) she is trying to get Daryl against Rick. What a complete bitch.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mudya)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I can't stand her!!! Wasn't she the one who told Rick to do something about Shane? And the way she said it implied that she wanted him gone... she gave mixed signals to him too and turned them against each other, she was the only one who could sort it out - but she left Rick to do that, how could he sort things out? She knew how crazy he was, he raped her, but Rick is somehow in the wrong :rolleyes:

And when that little **** started to cry, I was fuming for Rick, imagine being in that situation knowing your own son favours a psychopath, no wonder he was unable to get the words out properly. Poor Rick!
    Don't worry, Lori and her daughter will be murdered next season. [/spoiler]
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mau5)
    Don't worry, Lori and her daughter will be murdered next season. [/spoiler]
    was this an honest mistake?

edit: why was I negged for this?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Such an awesome episode! Loved all the action in the first half, especially the with the barn fire. And Hershel going all kick ass on those zombies
    Not suprised that they killed off those two people (Hershel's peeps - name blank) but I was expecting maybe another main character to be killed off too.
    Looking forward to season 3; should be epic I hope that the kid gets less weird, Lori gets less annoying, Daryl stays awesome and that they give T-Dog something to do! I might read the comics while waiting - argh I don't think I can wait until October until another episode
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pen Island)

Spoiler:
    Show
    Such an awesome episode! Loved all the action in the first half, especially the with the barn fire. And Hershel going all kick ass on those zombies
    Not suprised that they killed off those two people (Hershel's peeps - name blank) but I was expecting maybe another main character to be killed off too.
    Looking forward to season 3; should be epic I hope that the kid gets less weird, Lori gets less annoying, Daryl stays awesome and that they give T-Dog something to do! I might read the comics while waiting - argh I don't think I can wait until October until another episode
    Comics are nuts but it might just leave you more frustrated. I posted this a year and a half a go, and have been waiting for it ever since.....

(Original post by mau5)
    How long do you think before...

makes an appearance? Absolute best character.
    ...and it's going to be another wait until October until she's properly introduced.
    • 17 followers

People seem to be forgetting that Carl is a little boy and the zombie apocalypse is a MASSIVE thing to go through, for an adult let alone a child. I doubt if you were him at his age and going through it, you'd act too much different.
    I think it's really stupid that Lori and Rick let him wander around so much after what happened to Sophia but perhaps they were lulled into a false sense of security on the farm.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0906079)
    Carl is one of the best characters wtf
    In your view, apparently so.
    In mine, NO ****ING WAY.
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joey11223)
    Trying not to read spoilers as I haven't quite caught up yet.

I have one question though (Spoilers for those who have not yet watched the last few episodes)....

Spoiler:
    Show
    The last episode I watched was the one that ended with Dale getting killed. I was wondering when he stumbles upon that cow, is the point that it's a zombie cow and the disease has jumped the species barrier? Or is it just a cow dying with it's insides spilled out..because that zombie attacked it as it was so starving for flesh?
    This might've been answered already, but...

Spoiler:
    Show
    The point was that the cow had been killed. For a cow to have been killed and had its entrails ripped out, Dale was aware that a walker must've been there to carry out the attack.

We've seen walkers eating animals plenty of times throughout the series.
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .eXe)
    well carol is only there as an incidental character...they will keep her in until the times comes to kill a random character off to keep the threat of death real. same with that black guy...forget his name. he literally has 2 lines every 5 episodes and they are usually just grunts or random black guy sayings like "thats dope" and "**** that is whack" lol. He's gonna get killed off soon hopefully along with Carl and if we're really lucky...Whori as well.

(Original post by Elipsis)
    Yes, I wish they would stop being so transparent about who is central and not going to die, and who is dispensible. I heard that in the comics the black guy is an awesome character, but they destroyed him in the series and have pretty much given up on him.

Spoiler:
    Show
    I think they should have tied a piece of barbed wire between 2 cars and driven really far apart, keeping the wire taught. That would have just hacked any zombies in the middle to pieces, because they are rotten.
    The 'black guy' is T-Dog. He hasn't been very vocal, or featured particularly heavily, in the latter half of this season, but he still isn't at the point of saying nothing but 'random black guy sayings'.

He'll become more important as a character again. He was pretty important in Series One, as someone able to handle a gun and help the group, not to mention the whole dynamic that he had with Merle and what that led to. He's suffered from not having his character developed too much this series, but he'll leave the sidelines next series.

The last few episodes, bar the finale, really did marginalise his character though. In an episode this series, a few episodes back, he literally didn't even feature (beyond an occasional pan round from the camera) until the last minute of the episode. Not sure why he's taken such a backseat, but I think his character will be in the forefront more as a result.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zjs)
    The 'black guy' is T-Dog. He hasn't been very vocal, or featured particularly heavily, in the latter half of this season, but he still isn't at the point of saying nothing but 'random black guy sayings'.

He'll become more important as a character again. He was pretty important in Series One, as someone able to handle a gun and help the group, not to mention the whole dynamic that he had with Merle and what that led to. He's suffered from not having his character developed too much this series, but he'll leave the sidelines next series.

The last few episodes, bar the finale, really did marginalise his character though. In an episode this series, a few episodes back, he literally didn't even feature (beyond an occasional pan round from the camera) until the last minute of the episode. Not sure why he's taken such a backseat, but I think his character will be in the forefront more as a result.
    T-Dog was responsible for leaving Merle locked up on that roof in the first season wasn't he? If Merle comes back (disclaimer: I have no idea if he actually is or not), then I can imagine there being a bit of a tense relationship between those two. I'd like to see T-Dog more involved in general though.
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roobsa)
    T-Dog was responsible for leaving Merle locked up on that roof in the first season wasn't he? If Merle comes back (disclaimer: I have no idea if he actually is or not), then I can imagine there being a bit of a tense relationship between those two. I'd like to see T-Dog more involved in general though.
    Yeah, after dropping the key and failing to saw through the shackles before the walkers swarmed the stairs.
    • 17 followers

Merle...

Spoiler:
    Show
    is coming back.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've watched around 4 episodes of Season 2. I stand by my original comment, the first episode of Season 1 was the best and it's gone downhill since. Nothing much has happened and it's kinda repetitive at the minute.

It's an okay series. Nothing to write home about.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zjs)

The 'Black guy' from the comics he's on about is Tyresse, who isn't T-dog like a lot of people have wrongly assumed.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zjs)
    This might've been answered already, but...

Spoiler:
    Show
    The point was that the cow had been killed. For a cow to have been killed and had its entrails ripped out, Dale was aware that a walker must've been there to carry out the attack.

We've seen walkers eating animals plenty of times throughout the series.
    Admittedly when I first saw the cow I thought it was zombified too, which got me pretty damn excited, but unfortunately it wasn't the case. And I guess having zombified animals wouldn't be the easiest thing to film, and I can't imagine CG animals going down well.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silent ninja)
    I've watched around 4 episodes of Season 2. I stand by my original comment, the first episode of Season 1 was the best and it's gone downhill since. Nothing much has happened and it's kinda repetitive at the minute.

It's an okay series. Nothing to write home about.
    Just wait till Episodes 6 - 13
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    What was that huge building supposed to be at the end of the season finale? Couldn't make it out on my screen! Also how do you put things into spoilers?!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snapper1)
    What was that huge building supposed to be at the end of the season finale? Couldn't make it out on my screen! Also how do you put things into spoilers?!
    [ spoiler ] [ / spoiler ] < No space and the building is a prison
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    For everyone that is said about the gap between series heres something to keep you occupied!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...php?p=36826271

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 2, 2014
New on TSR

'Stalking pages' have changed!

Find other uni applicants with University Connect

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki TV section

Quick link:

Unanswered TV threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.