The Student Room Group

The Walking Dead

Scroll to see replies

If anyone has freeview or sky, the first series starts again on 5 Star on Tues at 10pm :smile:
For the people who've read the comics. I'm up to issue 70-odd now, and I was wondering if you think the TV show is going to be as dark as the comics. It just seems like some of the stuff that happens in the comic is too far for TV.

EDIT- Really loving the comics though, thanks to the guy from this thread who put me on to them :smile:
I really love this, can't wait for series 3.
Original post by joey11223

Spoiler

Spoiler

Reply 684
I just started watching this few weeks back. Am on season 2, and just finished episode 4. Does the season get better from now on, i find it gripping at times, but at other times its quite slow....

I do enjoy it tho :biggrin:
Original post by vn2009
I just started watching this few weeks back. Am on season 2, and just finished episode 4. Does the season get better from now on, i find it gripping at times, but at other times its quite slow....

I do enjoy it tho :biggrin:

It will get better. The first few episodes of season 2 are a little slow, but trust me, the 2nd half is amazing :biggrin:
Reply 686
Original post by Guitarded
It will get better. The first few episodes of season 2 are a little slow, but trust me, the 2nd half is amazing :biggrin:

Cheers. Looking forward to it :biggrin:

Btw when is the third season supposed to air?
My worry is that now the network realise they are on to a winner, they'll want to drag it out over 10 seasons and the original brilliance of the thing will be lost. I enjoyed season 2 but it took far too long for stuff to happen. If I was writing it I'd kill off Laurie (she annoys the hell out of me and is totally useless) and then Rick could become the badass zombie slaying machine we all know he is without her moaning. :biggrin:

3rd season is airing in the Autumn. (:
Reply 688
Original post by joey11223

Spoiler

How do u put stuff inside the spoiler button?????
Original post by Nikstar95
How do u put stuff inside the spoiler button?????

[ spoiler] without spaces obviously. :smile:
Reply 690
Original post by DannyBoy123
[ spoiler]
without spaces obviously. :smile:

Spoiler

THANKZ!!!
If you'll excuse me, I'm a little late to the party. I'd vaguely heard of this show over the past year or so and saw it was showing on one of the Five channels so I watched the pilot. Had some time over the past 2 days and have finished the 1st season which I thought was excellent, if at times slightly clunky.

Looking forward to catching up with the next season soon, it's definitely a show I want to continue watching.
Ok I'm officially addicted to this show.

Watched the 1st 2 episodes of season 2. So refreshing to actually follow a TV show with a plot. Takes me back to the glory days of Heroes and Lost.
Original post by CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Ok I'm officially addicted to this show.

Watched the 1st 2 episodes of season 2. So refreshing to actually follow a TV show with a plot. Takes me back to the glory days of Heroes and Lost.

Before both went **** :tongue:
Reply 694
Original post by Stray_talk

Lost was class :cool: :tongue:

Easily in my top 3 shows ever!
Original post by Stray_talk

Yeh very true. Heroes was genuinely excellent 1st season but just went right off the mark.
Lost just got stranger and more infuriating each episode but I still watched it to the end while my mates had long given up on it.

Hope that doesn't happen in the walking dead, they seem to have just about got the balance right between emotion with the survivors back stories and gripping action.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Keep watching, more crazy Shane-related stuff coming up. :biggrin:

Can't wait for season 3.
Original post by RabbitCFH
Keep watching, more crazy Shane-related stuff coming up. :biggrin:

Can't wait for season 3.

Don't worry I will, I'm hooked. Starting to think I'm going to have to start rationing my episode intake seeing as the new season isn't out until autumn!
Don't worry I will, I'm hooked. Starting to think I'm going to have to start rationing my episode intake seeing as the new season isn't out until autumn!

Yeah that kinda sucks but there are always other awesome shows to watch. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest