The Student Room Group

The Walking Dead

Scroll to see replies

Just rewatched 'Beside the Dying Fire' and noticed the helicopter scene at the start which draws the Walkers to the direction of the farm. With there also being a glimpse of one in episode two of the first season (Rick spots it but the group are dismissive and think he imagined it when they meet him in the shopping mall) and a scene of a crash in the recent season 3 trailer, I'm beginning to wonder if there's gonna be major significance in this.

Is it the same helicopter?
Is it something to do with Woodbury?
Is there civilisation somewhere?

I'm guessing it's leading to something...
Reply 761
So much for being focussed on my A2s. Walking Dead, here I come :smile:
Is it just me or does anyone else hate that kid called Carl? :tongue:
I think he is rude and quite annoying! :biggrin:
Reply 763
Original post by johnnn
So when does the new series start in the uk? Is it the 14th of october?

Doubtful, considering S2 started in the UK around May.
Love the show!! Watched all of Season 2 the other day! Great stuff, really excited for S3!
Reply 765
Original post by gridlock
Doubtful, considering S2 started in the UK around May.

Nah, Season 2 started aired in the UK way before may. It was on fx, think they showed the episodes a day or 2 day after it was aired in America.

EDIT: S2 started in october for 7 or 8 episodes then took a break for a couple of months then the rest of the episodes were on from then on and it finished around march time.
http://walkingdead.fxuk.com/post/11727481437/the-walking-dead-starts-tonight-at-10pm-on-fx
(edited 11 years ago)
I've been watching series two on Channel 5 and I love it!
Reply 767
Original post by johnnn
Nah, Season 2 started aired in the UK way before may. It was on fx, think they showed the episodes a day or 2 day after it was aired in America.

EDIT: S2 started in october for 7 or 8 episodes then took a break for a couple of months then the rest of the episodes were on from then on and it finished around march time.
http://walkingdead.fxuk.com/post/11727481437/the-walking-dead-starts-tonight-at-10pm-on-fx

Ahhh okay. Only saw it on five and it said it was the UK premiere.
Reply 768
Original post by gridlock
Ahhh okay. Only saw it on five and it said it was the UK premiere.

Yeah, channel five had the first series, then it moved to fx for the first airing. I assume it will be shown on fx a few days after it gets shown in America like the second series :tongue:
This is quite entertaining to watch. It was created by AMC as a protest to DISH (an american network) for dropping The Walking Dead from its network (due to prior unrelated lawsuits from both parties).

Enjoy!
(edited 11 years ago)
oh my god, that video was so funny, I loved when the people freaked and ran away. Although I'd be worried about getting shot in the head by someone who'd watched too much tv.
Hey, see at the end of the second series, is the giant building in the background of the last shot a prison? It'd make sense to go to a prison afterall, I mean, preestablished fortifications, abundace of weaponry, easily quarantinable sections, hallways and rooms, space for a smallholding..the only problem would be the resident prisoners-those still trapped in their cells, those that escaped but are using the prison as a centre for various criminal activities and those that have turned into zombies/walkers.

Plus-why did the samurai sword woman have a couple of pet walkers?
Reply 773
Original post by bethany a smith
Hey, see at the end of the second series, is the giant building in the background of the last shot a prison? It'd make sense to go to a prison afterall, I mean, preestablished fortifications, abundace of weaponry, easily quarantinable sections, hallways and rooms, space for a smallholding..the only problem would be the resident prisoners-those still trapped in their cells, those that escaped but are using the prison as a centre for various criminal activities and those that have turned into zombies/walkers.

Check out the comics. :wink:
The pet walkers are there to make sure she blends in (both physically) and smell-wise. Also, I think they carry sentimental value as they are her boyfriend and his friend (or what used to be them...)
Original post by bethany a smith

I guess you'll find out in the new season :tongue:
Original post by Fusionary
The pet walkers are there to make sure she blends in (both physically) and smell-wise. Also, I think they carry sentimental value as they are her boyfriend and his friend (or what used to be them...)

Charming! - "Hey, honey-when you turn into a zombie I'm gonna chop your arms off and chain you to my back!"
Season 3 is going to be epic.
Reply 778
Cannot wait!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Got the Second Season DVD the other day. The Deleted Scenes were enjoyable. Would have been intereseted if the first episode went out originally as planned. (With Shane breaking down and being chased, returning to Vatos etc...)

Quick Reply

Latest