The Student Room Group

Anthropology Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Did anyone else get the essay task from UCL? The silence from SOAS & LSE is slowly driving me crazy.
Reply 181
Original post by ShinyJaker
UCL make you write an essay? What on?
(My application was only sent to ucas on the 24th due to my referee being sllloooow, so I've not heard back from anywhere yet)

They give you 3 x 4 articles. You have to choose one from each section (Social anth, Biological anth and Material culture) so yeah, they ask you to write an essay about what you liked and didn't like about each. 1000 words only :frown:
Original post by monicaa
:O i've looked at UCAS and what i have an offer for asks for AAB, i swear it didn't when i applied! aw that makes me feel good :biggrin: especially since my predicted are BBB!

and can't you substitute a choice in :smile:?

Well I already substituted Sussex out for Bristol, and I don't really wanna change any of my other choices. The website said 320 points for SA w/ a year in the Netherlands when I applied too, so maybe I'll get a lower offer too (or not as my predicted grades are higer...)

Original post by lanatic
They give you 3 x 4 articles. You have to choose one from each section (Social anth, Biological anth and Material culture) so yeah, they ask you to write an essay about what you liked and didn't like about each. 1000 words only :frown:

That sounds like quite a cool little task actually, great way to get a taste of what studying there would be like anyway
Reply 183
Original post by Remy-Rae
Did anyone else get the essay task from UCL? The silence from SOAS & LSE is slowly driving me crazy.

I did indeeedddd! And yeah they are taking a LONG TIME! Its for all applicants though is what it said?
Reply 184

Don't think SOAS will be replying til March.:cry:

Haven't heard back from anyone yet! Although my UCAS was only sent on the 23rd Nov... :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown:
Reply 185
Original post by lanatic
I did indeeedddd! And yeah they are taking a LONG TIME! Its for all applicants though is what it said?

They send it out in batches, I was just wondering whether anyone else has received it. It's flipping hard to choose which ones, I love all the SocAnth ones but the biological anthropology articles are dire.. in my opinion. :')
Reply 186
Original post by LRodel
Don't think SOAS will be replying til March.:cry:

Haven't heard back from anyone yet! Although my UCAS was only sent on the 23rd Nov... :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown:

I think you'll hear back soon, just be patient. :smile: I sent mine on the 7th of October and nearly two months later, aka.. a few minutes ago, I got an email from track.
I was so worried it was a rejection but I HAVE AN OFFER FROM SOAS, one of my first choices :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
I think you'll hear back soon, just be patient. :smile: I sent mine on the 7th of October and nearly two months later, aka.. a few minutes ago, I got an email from track.
I was so worried it was a rejection but I HAVE AN OFFER FROM SOAS, one of my first choices :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Well done! After sending off my UCAS on the 20th October, I just received an offer from SOAS too :biggrin:
Reply 188
Just minutes after lamenting on the lack of communication from my Unis, offer from Manchester! ^___^
Reply 189
Original post by Chrsi
Just minutes after lamenting on the lack of communication from my Unis, offer from Manchester! ^___^

EEEEE Same!!!!

OMG I thought SOAS wouldn't give offers til March for some reason....!!!!!
:eek:
Reply 190
Btw, well done on the offers from SOAS clever people! :smile: :smile:
Reply 191
Wow, congratulations everyone! My school sent my application today, I'm so jealous!
Going to be twiddling my thumbs waiting for the offers (or rejections! Hope not though!)...
I too got an acceptance two days ago from SOAS. 38 points on the IB with 7-6-6 on HL subjects, as they had stated on their website. Am now working on the essay for UCL!!! I now have two acceptances and just waiting on the last three. Nerve-wracking.......
Reply 193
Got an offer from Goldsmiths and Sussex, and now the essay for UCL, which is harder than it looks. Yeah the biological anth ones are not that exciting :frown: It's difficult thinking what to write about!
Reply 194
I am proud to say, I also have Social Anthropology offer from SOAS, yeah! :biggrin:
Just got my first offer, from Manchester :biggrin::biggrin:
Congrats on the recent offers guys!
Reply 197
Offer from sussex :smile:
Reply 198
:biggrin: i'm really excited about Kent, especially if they let me do it with a year abroad in Japan. Do you reckon they would, since they've given me an offer for Social Anthropology? On their website it says "optional" so i thought it would be pretty easy to add on?
Reply 199
Original post by monicaa
:biggrin: i'm really excited about Kent, especially if they let me do it with a year abroad in Japan. Do you reckon they would, since they've given me an offer for Social Anthropology? On their website it says "optional" so i thought it would be pretty easy to add on?

when i applied for kent i chose the option anth with a year in japan, the code is L612? havent heard back from them yet though!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending