Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Anthropology Applicants 2012

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G.E)
    seems we're in the same boat, I applied for BA late November too.

Maybe we'll hear today, it's looking like a long awaited offer day

Where else have you applied?
    Ah were you put into gathered field?

Looks unlikely now!

I've also applied to SOAS, Manchester, Sussex and Goldsmiths, yourself?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chrsi)
    Ah were you put into gathered field?

Looks unlikely now!

I've also applied to SOAS, Manchester, Sussex and Goldsmiths, yourself?

Ah man, another missed offer day. No I wasn't (not sure if this is a bad or good thing) were you?

I've applied to Manchester, SOAS, Kent and UCL - Deliberating over SOAS or UCL at the moment.

Did you attend the SOAS insight day?
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Finally received an offer from St Andrews after thinking they had forgotten about me haha
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    St Andrews offer now for the most difficult decision of my life. St A's, LSE or Durham... any advice??
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G.E)
    Ah man, another missed offer day. No I wasn't (not sure if this is a bad or good thing) were you?

I've applied to Manchester, SOAS, Kent and UCL - Deliberating over SOAS or UCL at the moment.

Did you attend the SOAS insight day?
    Yeah i was.. I'm not sure whether it's good or bad either..

Yes I was, I was the lone Chinese guy there haha, I'm guessing you were too?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chrsi)
    Yeah i was.. I'm not sure whether it's good or bad either..

Yes I was, I was the lone Chinese guy there haha, I'm guessing you were too?
    Indeed I was (I was a lone ranger too haha) I was sitting at the front by the projector - I thought the taster lectures were amazing!

Definitely feeling swayed towards SOAS at the moment

But I do hope LSE gets back to us soon - it'll be so nice to have the option
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G.E)
    Indeed I was (I was a lone ranger too haha) I was sitting at the front by the projector - I thought the taster lectures were amazing!

Definitely feeling swayed towards SOAS at the moment

But I do hope LSE gets back to us soon - it'll be so nice to have the option
    Oh really? I think I might have been sitting directly behind you at some point.. Haha
    Yeah they were ^^ I really liked Magnus hehe :P

Yup we will hear at the same time probably! 8 more days no stress!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chrsi)
    Oh really? I think I might have been sitting directly behind you at some point.. Haha
    Yeah they were ^^ I really liked Magnus hehe :P

Yup we will hear at the same time probably! 8 more days no stress!

Oh I see, it's a shame I didn't spot you, it would have been nice to chat to someone else who came on their own.

Ah that's so exciting! I'm going to Vietnam on Tuesday...so I'm guessing I will be hearing the verdict far from home haha.

I think if I get a offer from LSE i'll still firm SOAS...(crazy I know) So good luck! If it comes down to it I hope you get a offer over me
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Got a conditional offer for Anthropology & International Development at Sussex last week, which I've now firmed... excited. Is anyone else going there ?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Unsuccessful from LSE so I've firmed SOAS and put Manchester as my insurance, anyone else the same or similar?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chrsi)
    Unsuccessful from LSE so I've firmed SOAS and put Manchester as my insurance, anyone else the same or similar?
    Exactly the same, haven't done it on UCAS tho because i haven't seen Manchester yet!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Rejection from LSE too, Good luck everyone still waiting!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karousel)
    Got a conditional offer for Anthropology & International Development at Sussex last week, which I've now firmed... excited. Is anyone else going there ?
    Yes, I am. Only its Anthropology and Spanish for me Were you at the admissions day on thursday?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anyone doing forensic anthropology at LJMU??
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Applied to Oxford Brookes, Aberdeen, Durham, Manchester and Edinburgh. Waiting on Durham to reply while Edinburgh rejected me.

Jealous of all of you who got into SOAS. I thought I would surely not get in so didn't even apply. stupid of me.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fbear)
    Applied to Oxford Brookes, Aberdeen, Durham, Manchester and Edinburgh. Waiting on Durham to reply while Edinburgh rejected me.

Jealous of all of you who got into SOAS. I thought I would surely not get in so didn't even apply. stupid of me.
    Any ideas on what you'd like to put as firm and insurance? (Come to Manchester)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by takethyfacehence)
    Any ideas on what you'd like to put as firm and insurance? (Come to Manchester)
    Still pretty clueless. Debating between Aberdeen and Manchester from what I have got so far. (unconditional offers so no insurances iirc)
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fbear)
    Still pretty clueless. Debating between Aberdeen and Manchester from what I have got so far. (unconditional offers so no insurances iirc)
    Ahh, nice one, I guess that makes it all a bit more final though, it's a bit scary when you finally put your choice(s) in on UCAS (or at least it was for me, as any major decision I make, I suddenly intensely doubt everything I think I know)

Good luck for your Durham reply coming in anyway and if you do end up at Manchester I'll see you there!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by takethyfacehence)
    Ahh, nice one, I guess that makes it all a bit more final though, it's a bit scary when you finally put your choice(s) in on UCAS (or at least it was for me, as any major decision I make, I suddenly intensely doubt everything I think I know)

Good luck for your Durham reply coming in anyway and if you do end up at Manchester I'll see you there!
    thanks. yeah, the finality of it is gonna be a bit unsettling.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Firmed Cambridge and insured Durham.

Good luck to those still waiting to hear and good luck to everyone working to meet their grades.

EDIT - Not entirely sure why I was negged for this...

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 30, 2012
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.