The Student Room Group

Anthropology Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 660
Original post by Maerzin
I don't know enough about the different anthropological fields to prefer a side yet but I am really interested in the bio side. Unfortunately the few courses that cover most aspects of the four-field approach were beyond my grades. Perhaps I'll do a bioanth masters if I want to go into research.

where have you applied?
Reply 661
Original post by wm7
where have you applied?

applied and accepted the offer for Arch & Anth at Manchester. The programs at UCL and Cambridge seem really diverse but I didn't meet the requirements so didn't apply there.
Original post by leebogi
Hello people!

I'm new to the student room. Will be at SOAS this september for Social Anthropology and Arabic. I'm just coming to end of my gap year (if any of you are thinking about taking a gap year i highly recommend it!)

is anyone else here going to/already at SOAS? would love to get some tips on the course and uni!! thanks!

Hello! I'm considering Anthropology (maybe joint with sociology) for 2013/14 entry with a gap year. But I'm not sure if I'll get the grades so I may have to suffice with doing a sociology degree with hints of anth (so lost on what to do!).

But anyway, my main question, how did you fill up your gap year? and how far in advance did you plan it/pay for it? :smile: I've been interested in doing a TEFL programme (possibly in China), but I'm not sure how to go about it or when to start paying and planning :smile: I've considered just getting a job and pre-reading for uni in my gap year, but I can't decide whether that looks lazy :rolleyes:
Reply 663
good luck everyone!!
Original post by flume
good luck everyone!!

Thanks! Good luck to you too. Feeling very nervous now!
Reply 665
Got in to Manchester! Good luck if you're still going to get your results :smile:)
Original post by tedhill284
anyone else here prefer the bio side? it feels lonely over here on the bio side...

I'm not an applicant, about to go into My second year, but I much prefer the bio side of it although it requires significantly more work haha. It's so interesting, but then social can also be amazing.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Desire S
Original post by Lucy.Jane
Got in to Manchester! Good luck if you're still going to get your results :smile:)

I got into Manchester too! Woo go us! What grades did you get? :smile:
Reply 668
Original post by thescarletivy
I got into Manchester too! Woo go us! What grades did you get? :smile:

Woo! Well done! I got A*BB :smile: You? Do you know when we hear about halls?!
Missed out on LSE (which I'm kinda glad of) and GOT IN TO MANCHESTER :biggrin:

Did a little worse than expected with ABC but I really don't care :L Congrats to everyone else who got in too
Reply 670
Goldsmiths for me! ABB(a)

Anyone else? Going to relentlessly search until I find someone, haha! :wink:

Congratulations everyone!
Reply 671
Got into UCL! AAB :smile: I've deferred a year so off to New Zealand next month! Well done everyone!
Reply 672
For anyone going to Manchester this is the Anthropology Freshers Guide 2012:

http://www.socialsciences.manchester.ac.uk/undergraduate/prearrival/freshers/documents/AnthropologyFreshersInformation2012.pdf

it has a list of things going on in welcome week and things like that :smile:
Going to LSE received A*AA

Who else is going?!

And congratulations everyone !!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 674
Original post by FiveandSix
Going to LSE received A*AA

Who else is going?!

And congratulations everyone !!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Going to SOAS :smile: got A*A*A*!! :biggrin:
Because of the grade rise from AAB to AAA to study BA Anthropology in 2013 at Durham, do any other 2013 applicants anyone know whether the GCSE requirements have risen to a certain number of A*S as well as this? If not, what are the typical GCSES? I can't find them for Anthropology on the website.
Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest