The Student Room Group

Anthropology Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by Remy-Rae
Are you thinking of doing a year abroad? :smile:

I was looking at Manchester but replaced it with Edinburgh.. :')
Right now, it seems like it'll be SOAS, LSE, UCL, St.Andrews and Edinburgh. Anyone else applying for any of these five?

I just saw this and I have to say, 4 out of your 5 choices are exactly the same as mine! I applied for Cambridge instead of UCL though!
Reply 101
Original post by flume
Haven't seen any threads on people applying for Anthropology this year yet! Quite early on but oh well :biggrin:
What universities are people considering? Who's going to London Anthropology Day?? :smile:

We should have a Anthropology Offers 2012 article page!
Reply 102
Original post by 082349
I just saw this and I have to say, 4 out of your 5 choices are exactly the same as mine! I applied for Cambridge instead of UCL though!

I changed my mind a few thousand times since that post. :smile:
There's still SOAS? It's my favourite by far!
My final choices were -
SOAS, UCL, LSE for SocAnth and two extremely spur-of-the moment choices
Birmingham for Joint honours Anth & Political Science
and Oxford for Human Sciences.

The admission tutors for Oxford and Birmingham are going to roll their eyes and chuck my application in the bin, there's nothing about Political Science nor Human Sciences in my PS.
Fingers crossed, I can stay in London :rolleyes:
Reply 103
eeeeeep. just sent off my UCAS! I'm so EXCITED :biggrin:
Reply 104
I changed my mind a few thousand times since that post. :smile:
There's still SOAS? It's my favourite by far!
My final choices were -
SOAS, UCL, LSE for SocAnth and two extremely spur-of-the moment choices
Birmingham for Joint honours Anth & Political Science
and Oxford for Human Sciences.

The admission tutors for Oxford and Birmingham are going to roll their eyes and chuck my application in the bin, there's nothing about Political Science nor Human Sciences in my PS.
Fingers crossed, I can stay in London :rolleyes:

Good luck with your choices! I got rejected from LSE for that subject on Friday. ):

I can see how Human Sciences and Political Science are related to anthropology though!
Reply 105
Original post by 082349
Good luck with your choices! I got rejected from LSE for that subject on Friday. ):

I can see how Human Sciences and Political Science are related to anthropology though!

Good luck with your choices too! :smile:
So quickly D: They're already giving out offers and rejections?? did you ask for feedback or was LSE third/fourth/fifth preference? I wish my career advisor didn't pressure me away applying to Scottish Unis. I regret my impulsive choice of Birmingham, especially when they spam me with unnecessary emails =____="
Reply 106
Good luck with your choices too! :smile:
So quickly D: They're already giving out offers and rejections?? did you ask for feedback or was LSE third/fourth/fifth preference? I wish my career advisor didn't pressure me away applying to Scottish Unis. I regret my impulsive choice of Birmingham, especially when they spam me with unnecessary emails =____="

Yeah I think I received my results early because I applied on 19th September.

Rejected by LSE and accepted by St. Andrews (conditional) on the same day! I did ask for feedback.
Reply 107
Original post by 082349
Yeah I think I received my results early because I applied on 19th September.

Rejected by LSE and accepted by St. Andrews (conditional) on the same day! I did ask for feedback.

That's quick :/ What reason did LSE give you? I'm applying to LSE and St Andys too :smile:
Reply 108
Original post by Madison.
That's quick :/ What reason did LSE give you? I'm applying to LSE and St Andys too :smile:

They don't work on weekends so I'll have to wait for the next few days.

It's probably grades.
Reply 109
Just out of interest, what are everyone's AS grades/A2 predicted grades like? I'm sending my application off this week!
Reply 110
Original post by flume
Just out of interest, what are everyone's AS grades/A2 predicted grades like? I'm sending my application off this week!

Predicted: AAAAB I think. We don't have A* here but it's still called A-levels.
Reply 111
Original post by flume

Predicted: A*AB in Anthropology, Archaeology and English Lit.
Reply 112
Original post by cocci
Predicted: A*AB in Anthropology, Archaeology and English Lit.

I'm A* A* A/B :smile: Is anyone here applying for Brunel? Do they interview?
I think my five are now UCL, Durham, Manchester, Goldsmiths and Brunel
Reply 113
Original post by flume

Nice . . I'm applying for anth + arch at UCL, Bristol, Exeter and anth at Durham. I don't think Brunel interview for anth . . .
Reply 114
Original post by flume

Pretty sure Brunel don't generally interview! Will check the prospectus quickly... And it tells me nothing. Guessing they don't!

---
Hoping to end up ABB(a). Choices for me:

Goldsmiths
Manchester
Kent
Oxford Brookes
Brunel
Reply 115
Birmingham gave me an ABB offer for Anthroplogy and American Studies today with an A in English Lit :smile:
Reply 116
Original post by flume

AS grades AACCD in Art, English language, Biology, maths with stats and Chemistry.
Predicted A*(Art), A (English) and A/B in Bio (counting a retake)

Applying to Durham, St Andrews, LSE, Bristol and Kent. Bit risky, but never mind :smile:
Reply 117
Original post by Lucy.Jane
Birmingham gave me an ABB offer for Anthroplogy and American Studies today with an A in English Lit :smile:

Congrats!
Reply 118
Original post by 082349

ooh, what college at cambridge did you apply for??? I'm trying for churchill...
Reply 119
Original post by viviana
ooh, what college at cambridge did you apply for??? I'm trying for churchill...

I applied for Selwyn. I've done my interview and everything else. Just waiting for the decision!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending