The Student Room Group

Anthropology Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by Lucy.Jane
Birmingham gave me an ABB offer for Anthroplogy and American Studies today with an A in English Lit :smile:

Congrats, well done! :biggrin:
Sameeeee-ish,I got an ABB offer for Anthropology and Political Science.
Wooo! Might see you next year, ahaha :tongue:
Reply 121
Original post by 082349
Yeah I think I received my results early because I applied on 19th September.

Rejected by LSE and accepted by St. Andrews (conditional) on the same day! I did ask for feedback.

Congrats!
assuming the news came in that order, the blow must not have been too hard. St.Andrew's is a fantastic uni, so envious. Well done :'D
Reply 122
Original post by Remy-Rae
Congrats!
assuming the news came in that order, the blow must not have been too hard. St.Andrew's is a fantastic uni, so envious. Well done :'D

Thanks. Are you from Hong Kong but studying in London?

I was predicted AAAAB I think.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 123
Original post by lanatic
I am! I'm going to Peru in September to live in an orphanage with Project Trust. Woohhhhh. Anyone else?

Not actually studying Anthropology but I searched Project Trust and you came up! I'm going to Senegal in September with PT! :smile:
eeeeek just sent off my application!!!!!!
applied to UCL, LSE, Durham, Goldsmiths and Kent with AAB predictions and an A* in my EPQ :smile:
Reply 125
Sussex for Anthropology and Anthropology and Cultural Studies :smile:

Both A*BB or AAB :smile:
Reply 126
Original post by 082349
They don't work on weekends so I'll have to wait for the next few days.

It's probably grades.

That's annoying, have you heard back yet?
Reply 127
Good luck everyone!

Is anyone applying for deferred entry?
Reply 128
Original post by Madison.
That's annoying, have you heard back yet?

No, I think they're focusing on who to accept first then they'll give me a reply.
Reply 129
Original post by 082349
I applied for Selwyn. I've done my interview and everything else. Just waiting for the decision!

when did you do your interview?!
Reply 130
Original post by viviana
when did you do your interview?!

I'm international. I did the interview in my country so it doesn't really count?
Reply 131
how fast did you guys get replies after sending off your UCAS? i keep checking like every 5 minutes XD
Reply 132
Original post by monicaa
how fast did you guys get replies after sending off your UCAS? i keep checking like every 5 minutes XD

Here's my post from the UCAS decision thread.
Original post by 082349
Application sent: 19th September (early!)
Uni: London School of Economics and Political Science
Course: BSc Social Anthropology
Decision [Offer/Rejection]: Rejection ):
Offer Grades:
Date Offer Received: 3rd November
Reaction: ):

Application sent: 19th September (early!)
Uni: University of St. Andrews
Course: MA (Hons) Social Anthropology
Decision [Offer/Rejection]: Conditional (:
Offer Grades: AAB
Date Offer Received: 4th November
Reaction: (:

Contrast the two reactions.
Reply 133
Original post by 082349
Here's my post from the UCAS decision thread.

awwwww, so i'm being a bit eager :P
thanks!
Reply 134
Original post by 082349
Thanks. Are you from Hong Kong but studying in London?

I was predicted AAAAB I think.

I'm chinese but born and bred in London but I do have a HK citizenship? Something like that, I'm not too sure :tongue:
Are you an international applicant?

The wait is actually driving me crazy!:s-smilie:
Reply 135
Original post by Remy-Rae
I'm chinese but born and bred in London but I do have a HK citizenship? Something like that, I'm not too sure :tongue:
Are you an international applicant?

The wait is actually driving me crazy!:s-smilie:

Yes I'm from Asia. So far I've received two offers and one rejection. I know my Cambridge results aren't going to come until January, so I'm not too bothered about that. The last one that hasn't come, SOAS, is probably going to come in the next month or so, I'm guessing.

What offers do you have already? I saw one on the University of Birmingham Applicants Stalking Page for Anthropology and Political Science, congrats!
Reply 136
Original post by flume
Good luck everyone!

Is anyone applying for deferred entry?

I am :smile: I'm going to Peru for a year :smile:
Reply 137
Anybody else got an offer from Kent?! Mine was AAB and they're my back up haha (meant to be BBB). It doesn't matter to me either way, because I'll just re-apply next year, but I was wondering if other anth applicants found this, and I'm predicted AAAA so that's weird...
Reply 138
Original post by lanatic
Anybody else got an offer from Kent?! Mine was AAB and they're my back up haha (meant to be BBB). It doesn't matter to me either way, because I'll just re-apply next year, but I was wondering if other anth applicants found this, and I'm predicted AAAA so that's weird...

i've applied to kent too! i haven't heard anything from them though :/ when did you send off your ucas?
Reply 139
Original post by monicaa
i've applied to kent too! i haven't heard anything from them though :/ when did you send off your ucas?

The 14th of October I think?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending