The Student Room Group

PSYA2 AS Psychology Unit 2 AQA Revision Notes =3

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii guys *gasps*
Well, I've finally completed all the Psychology Unit 2 AQA Specification A, AS, PSYA2 revision notes *blegh*
I really hope you guys find them useful, they are really detailed but I hope it's simple ^_^ And, the contents are as follows:
Pages 1-3: Stress Bodily responses to stress and research into stress and illness.
Pages 3-5: Stress Life Changes/Daily Hassles including research
Pages 5-6: Stress Workplace Stress including research
Pages 7-8: Stress Personality factors into stress including research
Pages 8-10: Stress Coping strategies
Pages 10-11: Stress Physiological Methods of stress management (Drugs)
Pages 11-13: Stress Psychological methods of stress management (Therapies)
Pages 13-17: Social Conformity, Factors, Explanations including research
Pages 17-21: Social Obedience, Factors, Explanations including research
Pages 21-23: Social Explanations of Independent Behaviour including research
Page 24: Social Social Change and its implications
Page 25-26: Abnormality Definitions of Abnormality and limitations
Pages 27-29: Abnormality Biological Approach, Drug and ECT Treatments
Pages 29-31: Abnormality Behavioural Approach and Systematic Desensitisation
Pages 32-34: Abnormality Cognitive approach and CBT (specifically REBT)
Pages 34-37: Abnormality Psychodynamic approach and Psychoanalysis.

In short, Stress begins on Page 1, and ends on Page 13.(Section 2 on page 7)
Social Psychology begins on page 13 and ends on page 24.(Section 2 on page 21)
Abnormality begins on page 25 and ends on page 37.(Section 2 on page 26)

Just another point - I didn't write anything in note form, and for advantages and disadvantages, rather than dividing them into columns, I put a smiley face for a good thing and a sad face for a bad thing at the end of the point (as you'll notice).
I made them using class notes and stuff =/ and my own brain.
I also tend to put long examples in a smaller font so they stand out ^_^

GAHZ. I worked so hard on this but I REALLY hope people look at if they need to and it really helps them ^_^ If any one needs any questions answering or help or anything I'm here too ^_^

Please don't claim as your own, as I'm sure you won't ^_^
And if you DO use it, please provide some feedback or thanks or something or some form of comment here ^_^ I don[t mind if you don't though.

GOOD LUCK ALL! I cant be found for questions now, next time I'll be on TSR is fter the exam. But keep looking at the notes and i wish everyone luck!

edit: 420 downloads? I hope these are helpful!

http://getrevising.co.uk/account/resources/psychology_unit_2_notes

To those who can't open it ^_^
To those who thanked me and told me that this was useful, thank you and you're welcome ^^
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Awesome :biggrin: Thanks!!! :colondollar:
Reply 2
Original post by simmyxx
Awesome :biggrin: Thanks!!! :colondollar:

You're welcome *dies*
Reply 3
Original post by HolyFuzazzle
Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii guys *gasps*
Well, I've finally completed all the Psychology Unit 2 AQA Specification A, AS, PSYA2 revision notes *blegh*
I really hope you guys find them useful, they are really detailed but I hope it's simple ^_^ And, the contents are as follows:
Pages 1-3: Stress Bodily responses to stress and research into stress and illness.
Pages 3-5: Stress Life Changes/Daily Hassles including research
Pages 5-6: Stress Workplace Stress including research
Pages 7-8: Stress Personality factors into stress including research
Pages 8-10: Stress Coping strategies
Pages 10-11: Stress Physiological Methods of stress management (Drugs)
Pages 11-13: Stress Psychological methods of stress management (Therapies)
Pages 13-17: Social Conformity, Factors, Explanations including research
Pages 17-21: Social Obedience, Factors, Explanations including research
Pages 21-23: Social Explanations of Independent Behaviour including research
Page 24: Social Social Change and its implications
Page 25-26: Abnormality Definitions of Abnormality and limitations
Pages 27-29: Abnormality Biological Approach, Drug and ECT Treatments
Pages 29-31: Abnoramlity Behavioural Approach and Systematic Desensitisation
Pages 32-34: Abnormality Cognitive approach and CBT (specifically REBT)
Pages 34-37: Abnormality Psychodynamic approach and Psychoanalysis.

In short, Stress begins on Page 1, and ends on Page 13.(Section 2 on page 7)
Social Psychology begins on page 13 and ends on page 24.(Section 2 on page 21)
Abnormality begins on page 25 and ends on page 37.(Section 2 on page 26)

Just another point - I didn't write anything in note form, and for advantages and disadvantages, rather than dividing them into columns, I put a smiley face for a good thing and a sad face for a bad thing at the end of the point (as you'll notice).
I made them using class notes and stuff =/ and my own brain.
I also tend to put long examples in a smaller font so they stand out ^_^

GAHZ. I worked SO hard I worked on this but I REALLY hope people look at if they need to and it really helps them ^_^ If any one needs any questions answering or help or anything I'm here too ^_^

*pant* Now I'll do eng lang revision *which is on monday T.T*

These are really good notes! Making me worried though now as you have gone into a lot more detail on some of the topics than me! How long did they take?
Reply 4
Original post by xRainbowx
These are really good notes! Making me worried though now as you have gone into a lot more detail on some of the topics than me! How long did they take?

I go into excessive detail but I've done that since I started Psychology DX I don't think you need it in as much detail as I have but like... I don't know, I write about everything I was taught... =/ So I'm used to writing them. You by no means have to know that much, the underlined things and general points are the important ones. I was just caught between what information people would need and whether it was clear enough DX They took hours and hours over the course of a week XD
(edited 12 years ago)
cheers!

Do you know the 12 mark question on stress and the immune system which study are we supposed to use?
Reply 6
Original post by revolution_rock
cheers!

Do you know the 12 mark question on stress and the immune system which study are we supposed to use?

talk about Keicolt-Glaser initially, and the smaller Keicolt-Glaer studies, Cohen and...Marucha. Unless you learnt other studies.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by HolyFuzazzle
Uhm, "Describe and Evaluate/Discuss research into stress and illness" or immune system.

Anyway, talk about Keicolt-Glaser initially, and the smaller Keicolt-Glaer studies, Cohen and...Marucha. Unless you learnt other stories.

Thanks, we only did Cohen and Keicolt-Glaser(the puncture biopsy one) for A01 and used the medical student one as A02.
Reply 8
Thanks, we only did Cohen and Keicolt-Glaser(the puncture biopsy one) for A01 and used the medical student one as A02.

Oh really? The way I like to do essays with studies is write about the biggest study first (A01) then evaluate it (A02) and then I write about the smaller studies after and evaluate them more generally.
Really? We are taught to write about one study in great detail then evaluate it, whether using research methods or other studies, and then that is enough for 12 marks. Or is that what you do and I am just being slow?
Really? We are taught to write about one study in great detail then evaluate it, whether using research methods or other studies, and then that is enough for 12 marks. Or is that what you do and I am just being slow?

More or less what we do ^_^ We get taught one study in great detail. The thing I do gets me 12 marks too. For example, we got taught Keicolt-Glaser's medical student study in a lot of detail ^_^
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 11
These revision notes are sooo good!!
Do you know everything pretty much off by heart then?
I'm majorly stressing now!! lol
Original post by h_m
These revision notes are sooo good!!
Do you know everything pretty much off by heart then?
I'm majorly stressing now!! lol

Thanks =3
I was just checking it, and yeah, I know it all more or less *god knows how* I think cuz I've written it so many times!
Don't stress! Please, be calm XD I've probably gone into too much detail, but don't worry XD Please.
Reply 13
I can't open them :s-smilie:
Could you possibly email them to me?
Reply 14
These notes are fantastic thank you very much :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by Jem_x

i have the document send me your email and ill send them to you :smile:
Original post by Chakula
These notes are fantastic thank you very much :smile:

Original post by Chakula
i have the document send me your email and ill send them to you :smile:

Thank you, just glad they're helpful! And thanks for emailing that person the notes it saves me the trouble ^_^ Good luck with your revision ^_^

Original post by Jem_x

I can email them to you if it doesn't work from the person that offered to send it to you ^_^
Reply 17
Got them!
Thanks you - just had a quick look through and they are fantastic. It will really help :smile:
Original post by Jem_x
Got them!
Thanks you - just had a quick look through and they are fantastic. It will really help :smile:

Oh good good I'm jusr glad you'll find them helpful ^_^ if you need help i'll try and answer questions ^_^
Reply 19
Do we have to know about studies for the emotion and problem focused strategies??

Quick Reply

Latest