The Student Room Group

PSYA2 AS Psychology Unit 2 AQA Revision Notes =3

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HolyFuzazzle
Okay. Lets compare results when we get them in August, shall we?
I've already acknowledged I've gone into too much detail, but that's just how I revise. And I can remember that much detail (I'm that good) with ease, so why the hell not? I can write well, I do know it all and my exam technique is perfect (not arrogance, consistent comments from teachers, past results, classmates and I really need to use arrogance with people like you) etc - so don't be so condescending as to assume I don't know that the exam is not some giant regurgitation of knowledge - I know it's not going to test you on everything, the whole point of exams is to learn everything that may come up.
And the fact that I wrote so much is so people could get help on every individual topic so they could understand everything or specific sections they didn't know with ease, so yeah, your response I find quite rude and it has helped a lot of people which is what I aimed to do and that's the only reason - I wanted people to feel more confident about this which people have told me they have.
I think that the detail has scared you because you don't know as much as I've written, so you're trying to convince yourself it's okay by telling me I've wasted my time.

And 10-20% of the information for an A? Are you serious? That's a bit ridiculous. And besides, we don't know what topics will come up. If you felt them too detailed, you should have just said that. Don't tell me you feel sorry for me.

Sorry if I sound incredibly rude, but this is annoyed me - I've spent for ever writing these notes, and it's fine if you do feel I've wasted my time, but kindly keep your insensitive opinions to yourself especially when all I was trying to do was help.

okay lets think about this, the exam is 1 hour and 30 minutes long. You have wrote 20,000 words which is more than I wrote for my GCSE Business entire year's coursework and I got an A* ... In the exam you would only need 10-20% of that information as i guarantee you didn't write more than 4,000 words. Therefore like I said 10-20%. I got a B in my last psychology exam and when we ran through this in class after the exam, we covered all the questions and by the sounds of it I probably got an A.

Scared? The detail you've gone into is irrelevant and just additional knowledge which you don't get marked on. Why would I be scared of what you've done. I actually felt sorry for you but then when I read your reply and realised you don't have the common sense to realise that I was being nice, I stopped caring. Good luck wasting your college life and free time for the next year for A2 with huge amounts of irrelevant information :wink:
Oh god, yes, teachers can be so scary like that but they don't mean to XD
Oh yeah, I think we're meant to shows ours to multiple teachers before we're allowed to send it ^_^ Thanks for the advice anyway =3
I wanna do Freud classes O.o He's so interesting. I always look him up in my spare time though... XD.

Really? You live there so thats to be expected... my written Spanish is pretty good, but my speaking's a fail cuz I get nervous and shiz... XD But you'll be fine =3
Yeah, our examsa re closed text so... yeah =/ We started A2 stuff, Ic an't wait to do Othello XD And ah you'll be fine! When I did the AS exam the other week, structure and legibility went out of the window for the second essay ._. I'm so worried about it.

It'll be great =D I heard research methods was a killer actually :/ But I'm sure you'll still be fine :biggrin: Yeah I plan to, though for unit 3, hearing about the longessay questions did scare me DX But yeah :/ it'll be fine. what was the mental illness you studied for unit 4?

Freud does sound interesting, although some of what he says is quite out there.. or at least seems to be...

Aww, don't get nervous about speaking. I say that although i get the same way, only during my oral exams though which is horrible!!
Othello is great!! We did it for AS coursework, i loved it!!! I'm sure you'll find it's amazing.
I wouldn't worry too much about your handwriting, something like 3 examiners have to not be able to read it for it be a problem!! And i really doubt yours was that bad....

The long essay questions are a bit hard to get your head around at first, but do as much timed essay practice as possible and that'll help. After all no point spending an hour doing a question when in the exam you'll only have half that amount of time!!
Our topic was OCD and also the psychology of addiction. OCD is great whereas addiction has a hell of a lot to learn.. so...
Do you know what topics you'll be doing
Original post by joe__
Thanks!! I hope i've done enough to get 90+ ums! I hope you have too!

Good luck!! Talk to you on results day or something, hopefully we'll be happy :biggrin:

You will be ^_^ Hope you'be done well on your other subjects =D
Original post by 11Harley11
okay lets think about this, the exam is 1 hour and 30 minutes long. You have written 20,000 words which is more than I wrote for my GCSE Business entire year's coursework and I got an A* ... In the exam you would only need 10-20% of that information as i guarantee you didn't write more than 4,000 words. Therefore like I said 10-20%. I got a B in my last psychology exam and when we ran through this in class after the exam, we covered all the questions and by the sounds of it I probably got an A.

Scared? The detail you've gone into is irrelevant and just additional knowledge which you don't get marked on. Why would I be scared of what you've done. I actually felt sorry for you but then when I read your reply and realised you don't have the common sense to realise that I was being nice, I stopped caring. Good luck wasting your college life and free time for the next year for A2 with huge amounts of irrelevant information :wink:

Edited - guessing English isn't one of your subjects. Okay, I understand where you're coming from but... I just didn't like the way you said it before, sorry. Well, I didn't say at any point 'This is everything you need to know for the exam so memorise it or you will fail' - it was literally going over everything in my class notes and rephrasing, shortening (believe it or not) and setting it out for other people - I just tried to explain things in a way so no further questions would have to be asked - people were asking lots of help with stuff I found easy, and constantly saying the textbook was crap, so I wanted to help (though not being arrogant to assume it definitely would). Also, you don't know what the '10-20%' of what was covered in the notes would come up, that is why we learn it all. I happened to have loads of free time before this exam so I figured may as well do something useful with it - I don't consider it 'wasting' time. Learning 'irrelevant and additional detail' really requires no effort for me, but I do appreciate that it's not crucial.
I got 95 in the last Psychology. Yes, I know people who got 100 in that exam mightn't have revised as much as I did ( that being said, I didn't revise much for that unit), they're probably just cleverer than me. But I wanted to make something useful for this exam. So whatever.

Then I apologise. I'm sorry for being a bi*** before, and now :/ But honestly, it didn't sound like you were being nice, more belittling something I'd spent ages on (not even really for myself) in an excruciatingly condescending and patronising way. Also, they seem to have helped everybody who looked at them, so I don't really see it as a timewaster. All I set out to do was help, so I was satisfied. Lol sure, thanks I guess.

Please don't quote me back unless you're saying let's just agree to disagree ^_^

Original post by asha_patel
Freud does sound interesting, although some of what he says is quite out there.. or at least seems to be...

Aww, don't get nervous about speaking. I say that although i get the same way, only during my oral exams though which is horrible!!
Othello is great!! We did it for AS coursework, i loved it!!! I'm sure you'll find it's amazing.
I wouldn't worry too much about your handwriting, something like 3 examiners have to not be able to read it for it be a problem!! And i really doubt yours was that bad....

The long essay questions are a bit hard to get your head around at first, but do as much timed essay practice as possible and that'll help. After all no point spending an hour doing a question when in the exam you'll only have half that amount of time!!
Our topic was OCD and also the psychology of addiction. OCD is great whereas addiction has a hell of a lot to learn.. so...
Do you know what topics you'll be doing

He's definitely out there but it's weird that some of his things sometimes make sense, but he's so interesting... and weird XD When we learnt about them the whole class was like EWWW to all of his theories but it's like... grow up already ._.

I always get nervous about speaking XD The spanish assistant we have for speaking always makes me feel crap but my spanish teacher who I did the oral with is really relaxing XD I messed up a few times during the oral but she was like don't worry XD I;m sure your oral went fine =3 A2 spanish is scary though ._.
It wasdn't just the handwriting, it was just... the essay was s*** - i think i concentrated two hard on getting quotes and different interpreatations and critics in that I forgot to like, 'explore' the Gatsbyq uestion in a lot of fancy analytical detail :frown: Yeah XD I can't wait to do Othello, or Doctor Faustus. What exam board are you on? And is lit on thursday? If so, good luck!

Yeah, we learnt about A02/A03 today which was new XD Yeah thank you for the advice, I think my problem is that at home I always spend a lot of time on essays and they get really god but on timed conditions I can never get enough in :frown:
Urgh I can imagine, but that sounds interesting! For unit 4 we're doing Schizophrenia, but for unit 3 we're doing biological rhythms and sleep, aggression, and relationships.
(edited 12 years ago)

He's definitely out there but it's weird that some of his things sometimes make sense, but he's so interesting... and weird XD When we learnt about them the whole class was like EWWW to all of his theories but it's like... grow up already ._.

I always get nervous about speaking XD The spanish assistant we have for speaking always makes me feel crap but my spanish teacher who I did the oral with is really relaxing XD I messed up a few times during the oral but she was like don't worry XD I;m sure your oral went fine =3 A2 spanish is scary though ._.
It wasdn't just the handwriting, it was just... the essay was s*** - i think i concentrated two hard on getting quotes and different interpreatations and critics in that I forgot to like, 'explore' the Gatsbyq uestion in a lot of fancy analytical detail :frown: Yeah XD I can't wait to do Othello, or Doctor Faustus. What exam board are you on? And is lit on thursday? If so, good luck!

Yeah, we learnt about A02/A03 today which was new XD Yeah thank you for the advice, I think my problem is that at home I always spend a lot of time on essays and they get really god but on timed conditions I can never get enough in :frown:
Urgh I can imagine, but that sounds interesting! For unit 4 we're doing Schizophrenia, but for unit 3 we're doing biological rhythms and sleep, aggression, and relationships.

Haha, some of my class was like that as well when we learnt about Freud's psychosesxual developement... to be honest we've hardly done anything else on him, the little more i know about him was just from reading around on the internet.

Ohhh, i'm sure if you feel relaxed when your speaking your Spanish is good :smile: I'm glad the oral went well... to be honest the A2 oral is not that much harder than the AS. On the other hand the exam is quite different...

Thanks!! Yep my eng lit exam was today. I do (or did as i officially finished eng lit today) AQA B. What about you?

Haha, when i first did A02 and A03 it was difficult to get my head around it. I could not understand the difference at all, thank god it got easier though!! I foudn that it was just a case of practice and learning the sorts of things to use for the Issues and Debates bit.
I used to do that too at the beginning of the year, spent way longer on an essay at home and was getting full marks, but then in exam conditions i just couldn't replicate that. So it's easier to just start off timing yourself, rather than letting yourself get comfortable with insane amounts of time to write a 30minute essay...
I did agression and relationships, both were ok topics with some very interesting areas. I haven't done biological rhythms and sleep, but apparently (from what friends have said) it's quite boring :s-smilie:
Ohh we all wanted to do schizophrenia, unfortunately our teacher over rode that decision :frown: You'll have to let me know what it's like!! When will you do each topic?
Haha, some of my class was like that as well when we learnt about Freud's psychosesxual developement... to be honest we've hardly done anything else on him, the little more i know about him was just from reading around on the internet.

Ohhh, i'm sure if you feel relaxed when your speaking your Spanish is good :smile: I'm glad the oral went well... to be honest the A2 oral is not that much harder than the AS. On the other hand the exam is quite different...

Thanks!! Yep my eng lit exam was today. I do (or did as i officially finished eng lit today) AQA B. What about you?

Haha, when i first did A02 and A03 it was difficult to get my head around it. I could not understand the difference at all, thank god it got easier though!! I foudn that it was just a case of practice and learning the sorts of things to use for the Issues and Debates bit.
I used to do that too at the beginning of the year, spent way longer on an essay at home and was getting full marks, but then in exam conditions i just couldn't replicate that. So it's easier to just start off timing yourself, rather than letting yourself get comfortable with insane amounts of time to write a 30minute essay...
I did agression and relationships, both were ok topics with some very interesting areas. I haven't done biological rhythms and sleep, but apparently (from what friends have said) it's quite boring :s-smilie:
Ohh we all wanted to do schizophrenia, unfortunately our teacher over rode that decision :frown: You'll have to let me know what it's like!! When will you do each topic?

Yeah DX The little we learnt about Freud for unit 2 is nothing to base him on XD

hmmm maybe XD You're lucky to be fluent and living there though. Yes the exam does seem different... cultural topics O.o

How was the Eng Lit exam? ah ours is OCR =3

Issues and debates... yeah.. isn't A03 something like application? O.o also, for psychology, did you do any sort of work experience?
Yeah ^_^ Thanks for that advice, it's really useful XD
whats the third topic you did? Biological rhytms and sleeps? well the disorders are interesti ngbut nah it'll probably be worse than the others =/ so biological T.T
Ohh really? Our teacher decided to not pick stuff like eating disorders in case people have had it so it doesn't emotionally pain them or something... it was more common then schizophrenia apparently. I will ^_^
Yeah DX The little we learnt about Freud for unit 2 is nothing to base him on XD

hmmm maybe XD You're lucky to be fluent and living there though. Yes the exam does seem different... cultural topics O.o

How was the Eng Lit exam? ah ours is OCR =3

Issues and debates... yeah.. isn't A03 something like application? O.o also, for psychology, did you do any sort of work experience?
Yeah ^_^ Thanks for that advice, it's really useful XD
whats the third topic you did? Biological rhytms and sleeps? well the disorders are interesti ngbut nah it'll probably be worse than the others =/ so biological T.T
Ohh really? Our teacher decided to not pick stuff like eating disorders in case people have had it so it doesn't emotionally pain them or something... it was more common then schizophrenia apparently. I will ^_^

It's not so bad, the research takes a while to do, but other than that you'll be fine!!

The eng lit exam went well.. i think, lol i'm never sure with english literature to be honest... i'll just have to wait and see in August.

Lol we were taught that A03 is issues and debates whereas A02 is both supporting/contradicting evidence and application...
The third topic we did wa obesity... not that fun to be honest. We wanted anorexia, but that's a pretty touchy topic at my school, so...
It's not so bad, the research takes a while to do, but other than that you'll be fine!!

The eng lit exam went well.. i think, lol i'm never sure with english literature to be honest... i'll just have to wait and see in August.

Lol we were taught that A03 is issues and debates whereas A02 is both supporting/contradicting evidence and application...
The third topic we did wa obesity... not that fun to be honest. We wanted anorexia, but that's a pretty touchy topic at my school, so...

Yeah ^_^ i was just wondering if you did any particular work experience to get into Psychology?

That's great =3 what were your set texts? ah it'll be a happy day, finger's crossed.

Ahhhh.... hmm. They'll shed more light as time goes on...
Ah yeah, i cans ee why anorexia would be better than obesiuty.... did a lot of people have it? yeah thats why our school didn't choose eating disorders...
Yeah ^_^ i was just wondering if you did any particular work experience to get into Psychology?

That's great =3 what were your set texts? ah it'll be a happy day, finger's crossed.

Ahhhh.... hmm. They'll shed more light as time goes on...
Ah yeah, i cans ee why anorexia would be better than obesiuty.... did a lot of people have it? yeah thats why our school didn't choose eating disorders...

I did do some work experience related to psychology. My school out here in Spain doesn't do work experience and psychology isn't a big thing out here. So i spent a week and a half at a care home in London. I would recommend some sort of work experience, but to be honest i'm not sure how difficult it is to get, the only reason i was allowed to do mine is because my dad owns the place... otherwise the security checks are ridiculous. Although i guess that depends on the type of work experience as well... :s-smilie:

My texts were Wuthering Heights, Macbeth and The Bloody Chamber. I hated Wuthering Heights but loved the other two :biggrin: What other texts are you doing for A2?

Haha, yes they will not stop going on about A02 and A03 throughout the year!!! You'll pick it up in no time....
Yes anorexia would have been more interesting, but there are quite a few unoficially anorexic girls in my school, so the topic would have been a bit too controversial... I get why schools avoid those sorts of topics!!
I did do some work experience related to psychology. My school out here in Spain doesn't do work experience and psychology isn't a big thing out here. So i spent a week and a half at a care home in London. I would recommend some sort of work experience, but to be honest i'm not sure how difficult it is to get, the only reason i was allowed to do mine is because my dad owns the place... otherwise the security checks are ridiculous. Although i guess that depends on the type of work experience as well... :s-smilie:

My texts were Wuthering Heights, Macbeth and The Bloody Chamber. I hated Wuthering Heights but loved the other two :biggrin: What other texts are you doing for A2?

Haha, yes they will not stop going on about A02 and A03 throughout the year!!! You'll pick it up in no time....
Yes anorexia would have been more interesting, but there are quite a few unoficially anorexic girls in my school, so the topic would have been a bit too controversial... I get why schools avoid those sorts of topics!!

Ahh that sounds really good =3 I would love to work with autistic children and... Well I really wanted to be a therapist and stuff, and I had a counselling course earlier in the year. Also, I did some service thing in a nursing home for a few months... It's not really specific I gues :frown: But yeah, thats what I was worried about, no one wants to give complex work experience DX Thanks for explaining it though ^_^

Oh, I did Macbeth in year 9, lol XD And ah Wuthering Heights look so nice... Ah, I'm doing Othello, Doctor Faustus, Chaucer (Pardoner's tale) and for coursework we're doing Philip Larkin, Saturday Night and Sunday Morning and 'Look Back In Anger... the coursework is less well known ._.
hopefully ^_^

Yes I bet it would be DX There seems to be everywhere :frown: It sucks though... I guess schizophrenia would be less common... I think :frown: God it';s so interesting though.
Ahh that sounds really good =3 I would love to work with autistic children and... Well I really wanted to be a therapist and stuff, and I had a counselling course earlier in the year. Also, I did some service thing in a nursing home for a few months... It's not really specific I gues :frown: But yeah, thats what I was worried about, no one wants to give complex work experience DX Thanks for explaining it though ^_^

Oh, I did Macbeth in year 9, lol XD And ah Wuthering Heights look so nice... Ah, I'm doing Othello, Doctor Faustus, Chaucer (Pardoner's tale) and for coursework we're doing Philip Larkin, Saturday Night and Sunday Morning and 'Look Back In Anger... the coursework is less well known ._.
hopefully ^_^

Yes I bet it would be DX There seems to be everywhere :frown: It sucks though... I guess schizophrenia would be less common... I think :frown: God it';s so interesting though.

That sounds like enough work experience, i mean they have to take in to account how hard it is... and i would guess that anything that could relate to psychology would do (especially the counselling course).
Other than those two weeks i did, the only other work experience i had was 2 summers working as a waitress.... so...

I loved Macbeth, it was great. So much to talk about and explore. I personally hated Wuthering Heights, we were doing it as a gothic text and compared to the other two, the gothic in Wuthering Heights just seemed a bit lame... Your exam texts sound good, i've never heard of your coursework texts though... lol

I can imagine schizophrenia is interesting, i would love to learn about it... mmmm maybe they'll be a course of uni. Lol, i'm going to get to university and want to take every single course, choosing is going to be a bit of a nightmare... oh well...

So how are the new A2 classes going?
That sounds like enough work experience, i mean they have to take in to account how hard it is... and i would guess that anything that could relate to psychology would do (especially the counselling course).
Other than those two weeks i did, the only other work experience i had was 2 summers working as a waitress.... so...

I loved Macbeth, it was great. So much to talk about and explore. I personally hated Wuthering Heights, we were doing it as a gothic text and compared to the other two, the gothic in Wuthering Heights just seemed a bit lame... Your exam texts sound good, i've never heard of your coursework texts though... lol

I can imagine schizophrenia is interesting, i would love to learn about it... mmmm maybe they'll be a course of uni. Lol, i'm going to get to university and want to take every single course, choosing is going to be a bit of a nightmare... oh well...

So how are the new A2 classes going?

The counselling course was something our school offered if we wanted to enrol in it though... Yeah =3 Ahh, I need to find a job actually XD

Macbeth was good... I didn't really study it in depth though considering it was year 9 ._. I think it must be to do with the way it's taught... Likew e hated Jane Eyre whilst we were taught it but the book on its own is great... Yeah I see what you mean ^_^ Ah I hadn't heard of the coursework texts either ._.

Do you know what sort of courses they'll have for you to choose from?

Tiring... we're not doing a lot of work in some of them actually, but for english language i have to do coursework already ._. do you stil have exams?
Reply 112

Did you ask your teacher? LOL :smile:
The counselling course was something our school offered if we wanted to enrol in it though... Yeah =3 Ahh, I need to find a job actually XD

Macbeth was good... I didn't really study it in depth though considering it was year 9 ._. I think it must be to do with the way it's taught... Likew e hated Jane Eyre whilst we were taught it but the book on its own is great... Yeah I see what you mean ^_^ Ah I hadn't heard of the coursework texts either ._.

Do you know what sort of courses they'll have for you to choose from?

Tiring... we're not doing a lot of work in some of them actually, but for english language i have to do coursework already ._. do you stil have exams?

Ohh, that's nice that you school offers that sort of stuff. What sort of job will you be looking for?

Definitely, i think english literature really depends on the teacher. I've found that if the teacher is good and has a passion for the book they are teaching, i much prefer the class than if the teacher really does not care at all about the books we're studying....

Kent luckily has a huge variety of courses to choose from, there are compulsary modules every year, but there are some very nice optional modules as well.
Like in my third year i could do; Advanced Developmental Psychology, Forensic Psychology: Theoretical and Applied Perspectives, Understanding People with Learning Disabilities, Psychoanalysis Freud and Psychoanalysis Post Freud.

Mmm, tiring already?! I thought they would have waited till next year to start all the hard work... oh wait, you guys still have another 3 weeks of school though, right? If you do that makes sense to start working properly now, it'd be a huge waste of time otherwise....
Yes i still have exams. Tomorrow i have psychology and then on thursday i have spanish and then i am done!!! :biggrin:
Original post by joe__
Did you ask your teacher? LOL :smile:

She says Gamson seemed a completely appropriate and expected response. I will ask my other one.

Ohh, that's nice that you school offers that sort of stuff. What sort of job will you be looking for?

Definitely, i think english literature really depends on the teacher. I've found that if the teacher is good and has a passion for the book they are teaching, i much prefer the class than if the teacher really does not care at all about the books we're studying....

Kent luckily has a huge variety of courses to choose from, there are compulsary modules every year, but there are some very nice optional modules as well.
Like in my third year i could do; Advanced Developmental Psychology, Forensic Psychology: Theoretical and Applied Perspectives, Understanding People with Learning Disabilities, Psychoanalysis Freud and Psychoanalysis Post Freud.

Mmm, tiring already?! I thought they would have waited till next year to start all the hard work... oh wait, you guys still have another 3 weeks of school though, right? If you do that makes sense to start working properly now, it'd be a huge waste of time otherwise....
Yes i still have exams. Tomorrow i have psychology and then on thursday i have spanish and then i am done!!! :biggrin:

Just a part time shop assistant/waitress one during the summer so I can save monies ._.

Yeah.. I've been lucky as my teachers are so good but some people hate their books if their teachers aren#t so keen on it... Like here I think it's so nice if you can really tell how passionate the teachers are XD But yeah ._. our teachers are crazy though.

Ohh right :biggrin: I talked to my teacher about Joint eng lit/psychology courses today, she made feel a ot better :biggrin: And ohhh awesome XD Damn, do you have to pick from those modules? I would want to do all of them! T.T

Well, yeah, I'm doing like EPQ and stuff so I'm complaining early XD And yeah it is relaxed in most lessons XD Yeah...
Oh! How was psychology? I hope it went well! And good luck for Spanish :3
Just a part time shop assistant/waitress one during the summer so I can save monies ._.

Yeah.. I've been lucky as my teachers are so good but some people hate their books if their teachers aren#t so keen on it... Like here I think it's so nice if you can really tell how passionate the teachers are XD But yeah ._. our teachers are crazy though.

Ohh right :biggrin: I talked to my teacher about Joint eng lit/psychology courses today, she made feel a ot better :biggrin: And ohhh awesome XD Damn, do you have to pick from those modules? I would want to do all of them! T.T

Well, yeah, I'm doing like EPQ and stuff so I'm complaining early XD And yeah it is relaxed in most lessons XD Yeah...
Oh! How was psychology? I hope it went well! And good luck for Spanish :3

Ahh fair enough, always a good idea to have some money saved!!

Yep a good teacher makes a huge difference. I was pretty lucky, the majority of my A levels teachers have been excellent... well except for one complete disaster!!

That's good!! Did she suggest any uni's for you to take a look at?
Haha, that was only a few from the huge list that i have to choose from!! I have no idea how i'm going to decide what i should or shouldn't take :s-smilie:

Haha, lol they'll be a lot of complaining in the next year for you!! But as you get to the end of your exams the feeling is pretty damn great!!!

Psychology was ok... i think, i'm not too sure to be honest but i answered everything and i tried my best so now i'll just have to wait and see. Think the wait may actually kill me, no matter how many amazing things i've got planned for the summer my mind is still stuck on August 18th :frown:
Thank you!!
Ahh fair enough, always a good idea to have some money saved!!

Yep a good teacher makes a huge difference. I was pretty lucky, the majority of my A levels teachers have been excellent... well except for one complete disaster!!

That's good!! Did she suggest any uni's for you to take a look at?
Haha, that was only a few from the huge list that i have to choose from!! I have no idea how i'm going to decide what i should or shouldn't take :s-smilie:

Haha, lol they'll be a lot of complaining in the next year for you!! But as you get to the end of your exams the feeling is pretty damn great!!!

Psychology was ok... i think, i'm not too sure to be honest but i answered everything and i tried my best so now i'll just have to wait and see. Think the wait may actually kill me, no matter how many amazing things i've got planned for the summer my mind is still stuck on August 18th :frown:
Thank you!!

Yeaaaaah. No one wants to hire teenagers ._.

One complete disaster? T.T What was that in?

I told her about my english lit plans and she seemed to get excited about that, and then I know Keele and St. Andrews will let me do Eng Lit with Psychology...
Damn.. how many do you have to pick?

Hopefully ._. the summer after your A2 exams is the only one to chill, isn't it?

Ah :frown: Well hopefully you'be done fine!! It's probably gone better than yout hink :biggrin: Ahh yeah I can see why ._. don't think about it though, it's all over (almost) and there's nothing you can do really (pessimistic, but the truth). Are there long essay questions in unit 4 like there is in unit 3?
Yeaaaaah. No one wants to hire teenagers ._.

One complete disaster? T.T What was that in?

I told her about my english lit plans and she seemed to get excited about that, and then I know Keele and St. Andrews will let me do Eng Lit with Psychology...
Damn.. how many do you have to pick?

Hopefully ._. the summer after your A2 exams is the only one to chill, isn't it?

Ah :frown: Well hopefully you'be done fine!! It's probably gone better than yout hink :biggrin: Ahh yeah I can see why ._. don't think about it though, it's all over (almost) and there's nothing you can do really (pessimistic, but the truth). Are there long essay questions in unit 4 like there is in unit 3?

This is true.. although if you live somewhere where there is a lot of summer tourism, they are often cafes and stores looking for extra help over the summer...

The complete disaster was one of my eng lit teachers unfortunately... and it created my dislike for Wuthering Heights unfortunately...

Aww, that's nice that your teachers excited about it. It's always good to have someone supporting your ideas!!
I'm not sure exactly how many i have to choose, although the most i get to choose is in my 3rd year when there is only 2 compulsary modules and the rest are choice, so i've got awhile still!!

Haha, yes the summer after your A2's is the one to enjoy!!! Well if you can stop worrying about your grades for long enough at least!!

Thanks! I like to think that way too, it's not pessimistic, after all it's done and i should stop thinking about it... unfortunately that's so much easier said then done!! Yes it's all almost over, thank god!! Less than 24 hours now for me...
Unit 4 has 3 sections, section B & C are essays, they will always be a series of shorter questions, although you can get 12 markers and 10 markers... On the other hand in Section A it could be one long essay or it could be 2 questions or it could be 3.... it depends but Section A is the only one where you could a 25 marks question...
This is true.. although if you live somewhere where there is a lot of summer tourism, they are often cafes and stores looking for extra help over the summer...

The complete disaster was one of my eng lit teachers unfortunately... and it created my dislike for Wuthering Heights unfortunately...

Aww, that's nice that your teachers excited about it. It's always good to have someone supporting your ideas!!
I'm not sure exactly how many i have to choose, although the most i get to choose is in my 3rd year when there is only 2 compulsary modules and the rest are choice, so i've got awhile still!!

Haha, yes the summer after your A2's is the one to enjoy!!! Well if you can stop worrying about your grades for long enough at least!!

Thanks! I like to think that way too, it's not pessimistic, after all it's done and i should stop thinking about it... unfortunately that's so much easier said then done!! Yes it's all almost over, thank god!! Less than 24 hours now for me...
Unit 4 has 3 sections, section B & C are essays, they will always be a series of shorter questions, although you can get 12 markers and 10 markers... On the other hand in Section A it could be one long essay or it could be 2 questions or it could be 3.... it depends but Section A is the only one where you could a 25 marks question...

Hmm, I live in Manchester so that seems out of the question =O Summer tourism XDD But yeah, I won't stop looking XD

Blegh I see XD I hated Macbeth because of the teacher that taught it to me ._. but anyway... so do you like to read a lot then?

Yeah XD She said in my personal statement she said it'd be important to show why I think the two make a good combination and she said she thinks it IS and it's important to make sure that my statement sounds like that rather than me sounding indecisive about what I want to do... which makes sense.
Ah yeah I bet you do =O Ah so do you count as an international student?

Don't worry about your grades, last exam tomorrow then you can SLEEP :biggrin: Yeah, it's definitely eadsier said than done, I still can't stop thinking about some AS exams which are probably elss important ._. Ah good luck! I hope preparation for Spanish is going well! Ahhh right =O So it's not fully long questions likje with unit 3? Thanks!! :biggrin: good lucl with your last exam!
Hmm, I live in Manchester so that seems out of the question =O Summer tourism XDD But yeah, I won't stop looking XD

Blegh I see XD I hated Macbeth because of the teacher that taught it to me ._. but anyway... so do you like to read a lot then?

Yeah XD She said in my personal statement she said it'd be important to show why I think the two make a good combination and she said she thinks it IS and it's important to make sure that my statement sounds like that rather than me sounding indecisive about what I want to do... which makes sense.
Ah yeah I bet you do =O Ah so do you count as an international student?

Don't worry about your grades, last exam tomorrow then you can SLEEP :biggrin: Yeah, it's definitely eadsier said than done, I still can't stop thinking about some AS exams which are probably elss important ._. Ah good luck! I hope preparation for Spanish is going well! Ahhh right =O So it's not fully long questions likje with unit 3? Thanks!! :biggrin: good lucl with your last exam!

Ahh ok, yeah Manchester probably doesn't see much summer tourism... I'm sure they'll be something though!! Summer always means kids off school, so often you'll find parents wanting babysitters, as long as you don't mind kids it's pretty easy work...

Yes i love to read, unfortunately over this school year i have just not had the chance to read anything for pleasure... so i've got a stack of novels i bought towards the end of last summer that i plan on reading this summer!! What about you? I'm assuming you like to read seeing as you want to do eng lit at uni, so what sort of genres do you like?

Yes, your personal statement is so important for showing who you are. Especially if you don't get an interview as it'll be the only thing the university has to see what you are like as a person, because to be honest what your grades are doesn't really tell them all that much.
Also, i'm not sure how this works at your school but ask to have a look at your reference before letting them send it off with your UCAS application as there may be something you want to change. For me, my history teacher actually wrote down my module marks which was so unecessary and just made me look worse, thankfully i saw it and got it taken out before it was sent off!!

Nope i don't count as an international student, although i'm studying in Spain i'm still living in the Uk if that makes sense? The easiest way to explain it is to think of me as a boarding student really... lol, it was a bit confusing when i was trying to explain it to UCAS to see what i should apply as...

Thank you! My last exam went ok, 2 sections of the exam were great and the last section was ok.. so now just to wait and see.
Haha i've already caught up on my sleep, the first thing i wanted to do!! Well that and go shopping.. lol
Aww, don't worry about your AS exams, honestly yes they are important but what you do at A2 can completely change them... and with AS modules you always have the oppurtunity for a re-take, even though i'm sure you won't need too!!
When is results day for AS?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending