The Student Room Group

Student Finance, Bank Details; helpppp!?

Hi im new be gentle :smile:

I cant seem to find any answer for my question anywhere over the internet so i hope you can help me.

I have been accepted for all my student finance and i need to enter my bank details, this is where the problem is, i dont have a bank, and i cant get one because my credit is so poor due to catalogues, im just wondering if i can use my girlfriends account or even my mums to put my funds in, would student finance allow this?!

if not is there any other options, such as post office account... bla bla

thankyou people!! x
Reply 1
help meeee :frown: pleassssssssssseeeeeeeeee x
Reply 2
The account the money is paid into has to be in your name. You should be able to open a basic bank account as these are designed for people with poor credit ratings. Natwest Step Account and Halifax Expresscash are 2 that I know of but the government has forced all the banks to offer such accounts. Its still not guaranteed that they will allow you to open one though.
Reply 3
This leaflet shows all the basic bank accounts available: http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/leaflets/fsa.pdf

I have a v.poor credit rating due to debts & have a basic bank account with Halifax. Some banks will allow you to have a normal current account, without an overdraft.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending