The Student Room Group

I think I have a learning difficulty

(Even though this is very long, please read on.. It really means a lot to me) Right, well.. Basically, I'm 16 and in year 11 doing my GCSE's, and for about 2 months now I've had this feeling like somethings not quite right because I'm finding my exams extremely hard and confusing and overwhelming. I didn't think my exams would be this bad, because I'm reasonably clever and have been revising. I got my grades back for textiles and ICT because there are no exams, and got 2 A's in textiles and 2 B's in ICT. I also got my coursework grades for English language- A* and lit- B. This didn't make any sense to me that I'd done well in my coursework, but then as soon as it came to exams I couldn't do it. I've done practice papers, but I can't describe it.. In the exams nothing made sense to me and when I read back my answers they didn't make sense even though I knew what I meant, it's like I couldn't put them down into words? So, I looked up learning difficulties and dyslexia online, and although I'm pretty sure I'm not dyslexic, I had ALL of the symptoms for numerous different learning difficulties. I'm going to ask my mum to take me to get tested tomorrow, but right now It's nearly 1am and I cannot sleep! I'm literally worrying so much! I have this awful feeling that I've failed my exams and now that I'm pretty sure I have a learning difficulty, I'm starting to get really angry that no one has picked up on it, and if they had then I would have got help and not be in such a mess. I don't really know what I'm asking anyone reading this.. I guess I'm just angry and confused and stressed. Does anyone know if they can help me with this, or if they know what happens If I test positive for a learning difficulty and if I'll get extra support in my other exams ect? Thank you. Hol :smile:
food, drink and coffee/tea might be a good idea

you're just really, really nervous it seems, calm down and try the things above. If that doesn't work then go and get checked out for learning difficulties.

as for being angry about no one picking up on it, you're obviously quite smart and people don't see that as a sign of learning difficulties because it seems like an oxymoron along with the saying 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it', you also have not picked up on it until recently so they haven't gotten any complaints from you which would make them suspicious about it.
Reply 2
hol95 that is the same as me

Quick Reply

Latest