The Student Room Group

Postgraduate funding

I have been scouring the section for scholarships and funding postgraduate studies yet I am unable to find anything that is of any real use to me.

I am a UK citizen who has been accepted to undertake a Masters of biology program at a university in Norway, which runs for 2 years. All the funding that is listed on this site is either for a specific type of/set course (I.e not biology) yet all the funding seems to be for other courses or for studies within the UK.

Does anyone know of any other funding pots that may be available to UK citizens studying outside the UK :smile:
Check the university website of the uni youre going to go to.
Reply 2
Original post by MedicineStuudent

Original post by MedicineStuudent
Check the university website of the uni youre going to go to.

I have checked the university and it says

"Self-financing students are not entitled to financial support from the or Norwegian Authorities. According to rules set by the Norwegian Directorate of Immigration students of this category.
There is no state help available for post grads in the UK either
Reply 4
Original post by sealboy
I have been scouring the section for scholarships and funding postgraduate studies yet I am unable to find anything that is of any real use to me.

I am a UK citizen who has been accepted to undertake a Masters of biology program at a university in Norway, which runs for 2 years. All the funding that is listed on this site is either for a specific type of/set course (I.e not biology) yet all the funding seems to be for other courses or for studies within the UK.

Does anyone know of any other funding pots that may be available to UK citizens studying outside the UK :smile:

There are very limited funds for UK students doing postgrad here, so I doubt there is anything for students studying abroad. You will need to fund things yourself.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending