The Student Room Group

WJEC Computing 7th june - CG1

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by JontyC
Thank god for that, i must have gone over that algorithm about 200 times! Thinking "Surely that isn't right?"

With the other one, did you get the 'mean' to be 3.8?

Uh, wasn't total=20 and count=4? Thus mean=5?

IIRC, the vital part of the algorithm:
============================
INPUT Num

LOOP
Total = Total + Num
Count = Count + 1
INPUT Num
LOOP UNTIL Num < 0

It was something like that.

e: hmm, forum takes away spacing, so I can't indent.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 61
Original post by wilko1337

INPUT Num

LOOP
Total = Total + Num
Count = Count + 1
INPUT Num
LOOP UNTIL Num < 0

yeah that's what i got. as NUM was < 0, you don't take into account the -1 value, so you had 4 counters and a total of 20. 20/4 = 5.

Sort of like a rogue value?
Reply 62
Original post by wilko1337

INPUT Num

LOOP
Total = Total + Num
Count = Count + 1
INPUT Num
LOOP UNTIL Num < 0

Ah crap, I knew it would be something like that, because at the top of the question it said 'positive integers', stupid me. Hopefully i'll still have got atleast one or two marks for the rows i got right. :frown:
Reply 63
What did everyone get for the first question on the paper about the e-mail function that can send an email to a group of customers in one go!? I put distribution list, is that wrong?
Reply 64
Original post by patra
What did everyone get for the first question on the paper about the e-mail function that can send an email to a group of customers in one go!? I put distribution list, is that wrong?

I put Mailing List, so i guess, that means the same? :confused:
Reply 65
Looking on Wikipedia, it seems to define Distribution list as a function of an email client, whereas as a mailing list is the name for a collection of names/addresses. IIRC, the question wanted the name of the function, thus Distribution list. They may allow both however.
Reply 66

Do you have any for CG3? :smile:
Original post by RKM
Well there are 2 people in my class and we are both doing the course as an extra 5th AS and probably next year 5th A2, personally I think the simpler the code the better, less work involved and still possible to get the high marks.

That makes QBASIC a good candidate then. In a grammar school I once taught at, QBASIC was taught in ICT classes for years 10 and 11. Visual Basic was the dominant language used for A level computing.

If you still want to use QBASIC, a new IDE is available for download. It is called QB64. It is still being developed, so from that point of view it obviously is not out of date. BBC BASIC however is out-of-date. And, unless you obtain an emulator, will need an old BBC computer.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by kaka123
Yes! I got full ums in my cg1 theory, 130/130 and 58/70 for course work, giving me a total of 188/200, now im going to drop computing, even after beating everyone who needs it, and getting an a which would be considered an a* in year 2. :d

I got 122/130 in the exam and 68/70 in the coursework :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending