The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Victoria Park Accommodation

I'm planning to use all 3 choices on Victoria Park Halls, and I have a basic idea of the place but I'd still like to know more , so my questions are:

*How safe is it?
*What's the general atmosphere?
*How close is it to the Law facilities?
*How good is the catered food in the halls which do provide them?
*I want to really concentrate on my studies in college (partly because I really screwed up my A levels) and I want to stay at a hall which is quiet. On the other hand, I would like to go out maybe twice a week or sth.
*Are the rooms spacious and nice? I don't want to be stuck at dump for a year :frown:

I'm especially interested in St Gabs, Hulme Hall and Dalton-Ellis Hall, so I'd like to know more about these halls.

That's all I've got for now :smile:

By the way, based one my expectation of college life (acc to above), I'm not making a mistake by choosing Victoria Park, am I?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1
Have you not been invited to an accommodation open day? I imagine that could answer more of your questions about atmosphere than people on here. Victoria Park is in a leafy, quiet area set back from the road and it should be fine for you if you're not a major party animal.

It's 10 minutes by bus away from the Law facilities.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
Thanks for the info :smile: I thought Victoria Park was closer than that, but, oh well...

I'm an international student and currently unable to attend any open day (much as I'd love to).
Reply 4
Original post by thebloatedfloat

Just read it. Definitely *not* going there.
Reply 5
Original post by jjo92
Thanks for the info :smile: I thought Victoria Park was closer than that, but, oh well...

I'm an international student and currently unable to attend any open day (much as I'd love to).

10 minutes is the worst it would be, in the morning rush - at normal times you can get from Fallowfield to Uni in 10 minutes and that's further than Victoria Park. It's really not far - you could walk it in 20 minutes easily if you lived somewhere like Dalton Ellis, so you wouldn't really need a bus except in winter or if you're late/lazy :tongue:
Reply 6
Thanks AmyJ! What say you to bicycles? Is that a norm? I heard that bicycles share a separate road with buses, true? safe?

Sorry bout all the questions, just a little bit excited for september.
Reply 7
Original post by jjo92
Thanks AmyJ! What say you to bicycles? Is that a norm? I heard that bicycles share a separate road with buses, true? safe?

Sorry bout all the questions, just a little bit excited for september.

I know a lot of people who cycle in from Victoria Park, it's very common. Though I would definitely recommend cycling down Anson Rd/Upper Brook Street to get to Uni because the traffic congestion on Oxford Road can be ridiculous. There are so many buses it's unreal.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending