History GCSE USA Divided Union, How to Answer Q's

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
thats a bit rude dont you think
yh i did do the units 1 and 2
please dont comment on my comments because i dont know you thanks
Reply 21
hey
what is typicality and sufficiency and when do I use it? I just know it's to do with reliability. Thanks :smile:
Reply 22
what do you think the exam would be on on the 12th june usa a divided union?
Reply 23
Think it will be about the alternative move my (topic 3?) seeing as that hasn't been asked.. Or women seeing as last year was student focused ! Or maybe even McCarthy ! :s-smilie:
Re: GCSE History exam tuesday 12th june :frown:
HELLO EVERYONE. I AM CONFUSED ABOUT THE MODERN WORLD PAPER I AM DOING INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS 1919-2005 USA 1945-1975

Basically there is a part 1: which consists of 3 sections with are inter war, cold war and new world. And part 2: depth study USA. I am unsure about part 1: I understand there is a choice, but I was wondering was that in the exam will we be given all 3 sections to choose from or different schools given different sections on what they have studied ??? I looked at OCR website and found that we had studied all 3 sections at a past paper, but when my teacher gave me a past paper he missed out section 1 and 2 from part 1?? Is this because we haven't studied part 1 and 2 or was that just because he condensed it. Thank you everyone and good luck to all.. ( I will rep
0 0
You will all get the same with 3 choices, pick whatever you like. Your teacher probably just wanted to show you what the questions were like, or is 'guiding' you to a section because they think the questions will be easier.

Either way in the exam you will get it exactly as it is shown on the website and it's your choice.
Reply 26
Original post by tupac makaveli
Re: GCSE History exam tuesday 12th june :frown:
HELLO EVERYONE. I AM CONFUSED ABOUT THE MODERN WORLD PAPER I AM DOING INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS 1919-2005 USA 1945-1975

Basically there is a part 1: which consists of 3 sections with are inter war, cold war and new world. And part 2: depth study USA. I am unsure about part 1: I understand there is a choice, but I was wondering was that in the exam will we be given all 3 sections to choose from or different schools given different sections on what they have studied ??? I looked at OCR website and found that we had studied all 3 sections at a past paper, but when my teacher gave me a past paper he missed out section 1 and 2 from part 1?? Is this because we haven't studied part 1 and 2 or was that just because he condensed it. Thank you everyone and good luck to all.. ( I will rep
0 0

Ingore what i said! sorry
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 27
What is typicality, provenance and sufficiency of a source? Also what are representative and authoritative sources? Thanks :smile:
Reply 28
Oh my Lord! Thank you so much for all the messages, they were a life saver! I was a bit unsure on what questions you had to answer but now I understand! I have a really good document for revising all the History notes so email me at: [email protected] and I'll send it to you! It is seriously good to read and I think it might be the thing that pulls me up a grade! Aha:smile:
Reply 29
exam in 2 days time
anyone nervous????? :eek:
Reply 30
Be prepared that they may give you all the questions on a tiny arcane piece of knowledge. When I sat the exam, the paper was about the Berkely student protests and sit ins - that took up a double page spread in the textbook at most!
Reply 31
Original post by dgdlalo16
exam in 2 days time
anyone nervous????? :eek:

extremely ! you? :frown:(
Reply 32
Original post by Smko
extremely ! you? :frown:(

umm i am not sure really
i think we have the sources and we just need to interpretate it :/
anyway what do you think is going to come up?
i really want something like mccarthyism or rosenberg case or civil rights movement
i dont want womens liberation movement but knowing my luck it probs would come up
dont you worry your gonna do great :hoppy:
and on results day you gonna be like this :party2: coz your results are so great :smile:
positve thinking babe :smile:
Reply 33
umm i am not sure really
i think we have the sources and we just need to interpretate it :/
anyway what do you think is going to come up?
i really want something like mccarthyism or rosenberg case or civil rights movement
i dont want womens liberation movement but knowing my luck it probs would come up
dont you worry your gonna do great :hoppy:
and on results day you gonna be like this :party2: coz your results are so great :smile:
positve thinking babe :smile:

Aww thanks :biggrin: Just hope the sources are nice so i dont have to read them too many times, hardly get enough time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! & Roosenburgs came up 2010 i think.. I think that Women or the alternative movement (the one with Malcom X and Black Panters ect will come up!! . I hope women come up, easiest Topic by far! Hate McCarthey!!!
Reply 34
My teacher was betting on women or the civil rights movement (pacifist and militant) xx but i'm bricking it at the moment :s-smilie:
Reply 35
Original post by Smko
Aww thanks :biggrin: Just hope the sources are nice so i dont have to read them too many times, hardly get enough time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! & Roosenburgs came up 2010 i think.. I think that Women or the alternative movement (the one with Malcom X and Black Panters ect will come up!! . I hope women come up, easiest Topic by far! Hate McCarthey!!!

i really need help on womens liberation movement
its just betty frieden ect and her feminine mystique?
anyway GD LUCK xx
Reply 36
Ahhhhh! I'm so nervous :frown:
Could anyone possibly tell me what UMS I need for an A* in this exam if I've got these before: 92/100 94/100 and 86/100? thanks!:colondollar:
Reply 37
Original post by olearye273
Ahhhhh! I'm so nervous :frown:
Could anyone possibly tell me what UMS I need for an A* in this exam if I've got these before: 92/100 94/100 and 86/100? thanks!:colondollar:

Hey you'll need 88 ums in this exam (high A) for an A* overall in History
Reply 38
i really need help on womens liberation movement
its just betty frieden ect and her feminine mystique?
anyway GD LUCK xx

Yeah plus their achievements but i think its gonna be about Black power movemt/Nation of Islam..
Reply 39
Original post by Smko
Yeah plus their achievements but i think its gonna be about Black power movemt/Nation of Islam..

i wouldnt mind black power though i quite like that :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending