The Student Room Group

Maths AQA GCSE 2011- UNIT 3

How did everyone find it?
I thought it was so so so hard. :frown:
Reply 1
Original post by drewb
We're not allowed to discuss it until 4:30 am tomorrow.

AQA exams aren't affected, it's only edexcel exams you can't talk about
just to confirm we're talking about the same exam, was that the one with the trapzeium question as the first one? if so then yeah i found it really hard too, most of my friends found it alright but i found it really hard :frown:
I'm pretty sure I got at least a B and maybe scraped an A but I really don't know and if the calculator paper is anything like that was then I might well be re-sitting :'(
Reply 3
I went through the marks at the end and being harsh on my self i gave 71/100. I'll be happy with that! :smile:
Reply 4
rer
OP
Yeah thats the one. I thought the whole last few pages were impossible and each one was worth like 5 marks :frown: what do you think the grade bounderies will be?
Original post by Prebbs
I went through the marks at the end and being harsh on my self i gave 71/100. I'll be happy with that! :smile:

If you know you dropped those marks why the **** did you not spend the time redoing it instead of marking your own exam?

:confused:

****ing idiot.
yeah im hoping the grade boundaries are going to be low but I'm not sure they will be. My friends (who are ridiculously good at maths) that I talked to said they found it easy, but then again I'm not too shabby at maths and I found that quite evil.
It might be because last year the grade boundaries were really high (89 a* i think) so they might have tried to be extra hard this year? Not sure but it is possible so I'm guessing here, but maybe slightly lower than usual grade boundaries, say a 58 for an A or something like that - which would mean I might have just scraped an A :biggrin:
Reply 7
Original post by beaverkeish
If you know you dropped those marks why the **** did you not spend the time redoing it instead of marking your own exam?

:confused:

****ing idiot.

Hmm, because unlike most of the people on this forum i'm not great at maths. I didn't understand some of the questions in the exam and some of the questions I feel I may have dropped marks due to poor wording If I have no idea how to do I question, I guessed to the best of my knowledge, and I didn't count these questions in the 71 marks I DID count.

Thanks for the insult.
Reply 8
rer
OP
Dont worry! Swear i go less than 72 one anyway i know i practically got lost all of the two pages which was about 25 marks in itself. fml
likewise rer i think i may have scraped some of the A* marks but i have no idea how I did overall really. I know I got at least a B but I don't know if I picked up method marks on other questions so may bump up to an A*.
Either way the calculator paper will be my decider, if that goes as badly then I'm resitting :/
Reply 10
rer
OP
haha me to! whens the resit?!
Reply 11
Original post by Muppet Science
likewise rer i think i may have scraped some of the A* marks but i have no idea how I did overall really. I know I got at least a B but I don't know if I picked up method marks on other questions so may bump up to an A*.
Either way the calculator paper will be my decider, if that goes as badly then I'm resitting :/

I'm exactly the same but I know I made a lot of mistakes on the last few questions (hope the grade boundaries are low!)
Original post by PJRobinson
I'm exactly the same but I know I made a lot of mistakes on the last few questions (hope the grade boundaries are low!)

yeah i think the grade boundaries will be lower than usual but i think a* grade boundary may be higher as some of my mates (who are on for a*) said they found it relatively easy. But I'm not too shabby so I think A will be like 60 or so and a* like 83 maybe?
That's only really based on my mates' experience and my own experience of the exam though so I could be miles off
Reply 13
How did I find it? Absoloutely disgusting! I am so sad and depressed...why did they have to make it so hard this year? There goes my chances of an A* :angry::frown: I just have to put trust in God that I get atleast an A and not a B.
Original post by Saif95
How did I find it? Absoloutely disgusting! I am so sad and depressed...why did they have to make it so hard this year? There goes my chances of an A* :angry::frown: I just have to put trust in God that I get atleast an A and not a B.

that sounds pretty damn similar lol but if you think about I've now heard quite a few people saying it was hard this year so maybe the grade boundaries will be relativly low - makes sense as last year's exam grade boundaries were pretty high as it was again relatively easy
what did people think of the calculator? I found it much easier than the non-calculator but ive always found the calculator paper easier. Think it might come out to an A overall so Im quite happy with that :biggrin:
Sorry to but in but does anybody know when the maths gcse results come out? I just need to know!!!! Thanks :smile:
Original post by xbubblegumx
Sorry to but in but does anybody know when the maths gcse results come out? I just need to know!!!! Thanks :smile:

I assume with the rest of our results. Mine are 25th August :smile:
Original post by Muppet Science
I assume with the rest of our results. Mine are 25th August :smile:

Ok Thanks for the reply! :-) I just didn't know because I did a course so have results for that already and was re doing maths! I just want to know!!!!
Reply 19
Original post by xbubblegumx
Ok Thanks for the reply! :-) I just didn't know because I did a course so have results for that already and was re doing maths! I just want to know!!!!

I also resat my exam.but I think that we got it worse because we had a two year course in one year.yes two years and yes gcse maths no mistake.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending