The Student Room Group

urgent maths re take help

I had a maths re take exam today, however I found it harder than I expected. I think I panicked a bit during the exam as whether I get into uni depends on getting a C in maths. This is the third retake for it, I just can't seem to get my head round it, I'm fine in all other subjects and a levels getting A'S and B's but maths is just my weakness.
Does anyone know of any exams such as key skills, functional skills, level 2 that I can take before august in order to try again and get my C/level 2 for uni??
Original post by LightOfDark
I had a maths re take exam today, however I found it harder than I expected. I think I panicked a bit during the exam as whether I get into uni depends on getting a C in maths. This is the third retake for it, I just can't seem to get my head round it, I'm fine in all other subjects and a levels getting A'S and B's but maths is just my weakness.
Does anyone know of any exams such as key skills, functional skills, level 2 that I can take before august in order to try again and get my C/level 2 for uni??

Omg i had maths unit 3 today which was SOOOOOOOOO hard. I literally guessed everything on there :frown:
I know someone in the same position as you and try and ring your uni, and ask them or your college whether you can do the course Application of Numbers Key Stage 2 so you are guarenteed a place in Uni this year . Make sure you get onto the course before the summer or during the summer and ask them whether that would be okay. You can re-sit it next year but maths is such a killer :frown: erghh.

All the best :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by StarryEyed4
Omg i had maths unit 3 today which was SOOOOOOOOO hard. I literally guessed everything on there :frown:
I know someone in the same position as you and try and ring your uni, and ask them or your college whether you can do the course Application of Numbers Key Stage 2 so you are guarenteed a place in Uni this year . Make sure you get onto the course before the summer or during the summer and ask them whether that would be okay. You can re-sit it next year but maths is such a killer :frown: erghh.

All the best :smile:

Yeah i pretty much guessed answers towards the end of my paper, was gutted I revised so hard too.
Yeah, I know i can do equivalent and i would get in, it's just a matter of finding a place where I can take my exam in such a short term
Reply 3
Original post by LightOfDark

Check out your local adult education service who may be offering summer schools.
Bucks Adult Learning are and would enable someone to achieve L2 adult Numeracy during the summer.

Try Learn Direct, though they can be funny about 16-19 y.o. learners.

Quick Reply

Latest