The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE Applicants for 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Original post by AnimalSpirit
How do you enable signatures? I can't see any?

Settings at the top. Then at the drop down menu at the top ['settings'] click on 'options' then scroll down to thread display options, then enable signatures.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 201
Original post by Deep456
I think this really does show the importance of the personal statement with regard to an application at LSE.

My commiserations, good luck. You should get an offer elsewhere.

By the way, are you doing Further Maths A-level?

nope. i've started studying the AS online though.
thanks!

Original post by AnimalSpirit
Which is probably why, I will not get an offer for econ at LSE.. I didn't weigh the Math very high..

I didn't weigh Econ History at all in my PS (disaster) but apparently for Econ + Maths, it shouldn't matter as much... someone in my school got in without weighing Econ at all. and someone else is applying this year doing the same thing.
Good luck!
Reply 202
Original post by The_0001
Don't think like that, they're not out to get you :P. If you're applying for econ, expect maths questions. Graphs, stats, and differentiation. Know your stuff well. They may give you word problems where you read it and from the info. draw a graph.

Haha yeah, LSE are very strange :P.

no way!! i'm awful being put on the spot.
i know, it would be a miracle to be 1/7 offer holders of 70 applicants this year (at the college).
better start getting into my maths then! :P

where are you studying now, if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 203
Original post by kaying
no way!! i'm awful being put on the spot.
i know, it would be a miracle to be 1/7 offer holders of 70 applicants this year (at the college).
better start getting into my maths then! :P

where are you studying now, if you don't mind me asking?

Don't worry yourself too much :smile:, and Cambridge do have a good pooling system!

Um I sort of flopped my A levels, was predicted A*A*A got ABC, yeah I know :redface:. I'm working at Lloyds of London atm for an insurance broker, and resitting exams, applying for law this time round. :smile:
Reply 204
Im applying for law, pretty surprised nobody else on here has mentioned law seeming as it is the top uk uni for it :s-smilie: highly doubt i'll get in but hey worth a shot right :smile:
Original post by kaying
nope. i've started studying the AS online though.
thanks!

I didn't weigh Econ History at all in my PS (disaster) but apparently for Econ + Maths, it shouldn't matter as much... someone in my school got in without weighing Econ at all. and someone else is applying this year doing the same thing.
Good luck!

'A level Mathematics is required. A level Economics is not essential. Further Mathematics taken at A level is strongly preferred and is seen as an additional or fourth subject.'

Are you predicted an A* in Maths? If not, you have the reason for the decision.
Original post by Deep456
'A level Mathematics is required. A level Economics is not essential. Further Mathematics taken at A level is strongly preferred and is seen as an additional or fourth subject.'

She applied for Econ+Econ History..maybe try reading the post :rolleyes:

For the record, the entry requirements for that course is AAB with an A in Maths and from what I gather, her predictions were way higher.
Original post by Deep456

Lol go on here profile. Her academics are quite good.

(obviously i know most peoples academics are but take a peek)
Original post by -Illmatic-
She applied for Econ+Econ History..maybe try reading the post :rolleyes:

For the record, the entry requirements for that course is AAB with an A in Maths and from what I gather, her predictions were way higher.

http://www2.lse.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/degreeProgrammes2012/economics/L1V3_BSc_EcEcH.aspx

Read. Maybe you should.

Still think you should read.

Economics and Economic History has a different entry requirement to Economics with Economic History.

http://www2.lse.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/degreeProgrammes2012/economicHistory/VL31_BSc_EcEcH.aspx
Original post by falcon pluse
Lol go on here profile. Her academics are quite good.

(obviously i know most peoples academics are but take a peek)

I know, I am just trying to offer an explanation. People should not think that LSE are rejecting people because they have outstanding grades/applying to Oxbridge. LSE will clearly want these people, it is one of the very best institutions in the world. They want the best students that suit their courses.

I know this person has outstanding academics, but many people at LSE do.
Still think you should read.

Economics and Economic History has a different entry requirement to Economics with Economic History.

http://www2.lse.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/degreeProgrammes2012/economicHistory/VL31_BSc_EcEcH.aspx

Ah ok, apologies if she applied to that course.
Hey people! I need help! I've just got my IELTS result (English Proficiency Test), and got Band 7 as an overall result. In the LSE website, it was stated that they require 7 for ALL components, in which I failed to do so as I have only achieved 6 in my speaking component. Do they accept GCSE English (1119) if I've got an A2 in it?
Original post by Deep456
Ah ok, apologies if she applied to that course.

Fair enough.
Fair enough.

Infact, she applied to the one with A*AA as I suspected.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=34367039&highlight=

Read her post, same offer as Cambridge. Hence, it was Economics with Economic History.
Original post by Deep456
Infact, she applied to the one with A*AA as I suspected.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=34367039&highlight=

Read her post, same offer as Cambridge. Hence, it was Economics with Economic History.

Well she did say that the 'offers are likely to be the same', so not necessarily.

Moreover, she did say this:

Original post by kaying
darnnn. got my first reply from LSE today for econ+econ history.
rejected D: so quickly, too! how demotivating.

good luck everyone else who has applied!

so its quite unclear to deduce whether she applied to the with or the and course due to the '+' :fyi:

Maybe we should stop arguing and let her tell us :tongue:
Well she did say that the 'offers are likely to be the same', so not necessarily.

Moreover, she did say this:

so its quite unclear to deduce whether she applied to the with or the and course due to the '+' :fyi:

Maybe we should stop arguing and let her tell us :tongue:

Cambridge don't do AAB offers. :wink:
Original post by Deep456
Cambridge don't do AAB offers. :wink:

Fair enough...maybe she was referring to LSE/UCL/Cambridge when she said the offers were likely to be similar :dontknow:

haha I give up :tongue:
Original post by Deep456
Just to say, I know two people with offers for Geography and Economics and Government and Economics.

That is also for this year's cycle and they are not post-qualification applicants.

Really? That's scary! I applied for Gov & Econ... not expecting to hear anything for about another billion years though :tongue:
Original post by emmaaa88
Really? That's scary! I applied for Gov & Econ... not expecting to hear anything for about another billion years though :tongue:

Yeah. I was surprised to hear that too. :smile:

Edit: They were joking, annoying that I actually believed them.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending