Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

LSE Applicants for 2012 entry

Announcements Posted on
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnimalSpirit)
    How do you enable signatures? I can't see any?
    Settings at the top. Then at the drop down menu at the top ['settings'] click on 'options' then scroll down to thread display options, then enable signatures.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deep456)
    I think this really does show the importance of the personal statement with regard to an application at LSE.

My commiserations, good luck. You should get an offer elsewhere.

By the way, are you doing Further Maths A-level?
    nope. i've started studying the AS online though.
    thanks!

(Original post by AnimalSpirit)
    Which is probably why, I will not get an offer for econ at LSE.. I didn't weigh the Math very high..
    I didn't weigh Econ History at all in my PS (disaster) but apparently for Econ + Maths, it shouldn't matter as much... someone in my school got in without weighing Econ at all. and someone else is applying this year doing the same thing.
    Good luck!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_0001)
    Don't think like that, they're not out to get you :P. If you're applying for econ, expect maths questions. Graphs, stats, and differentiation. Know your stuff well. They may give you word problems where you read it and from the info. draw a graph.

Haha yeah, LSE are very strange :P.
    no way!! i'm awful being put on the spot.
    i know, it would be a miracle to be 1/7 offer holders of 70 applicants this year (at the college).
    better start getting into my maths then! :P

where are you studying now, if you don't mind me asking?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaying)
    no way!! i'm awful being put on the spot.
    i know, it would be a miracle to be 1/7 offer holders of 70 applicants this year (at the college).
    better start getting into my maths then! :P

where are you studying now, if you don't mind me asking?
    Don't worry yourself too much , and Cambridge do have a good pooling system!

Um I sort of flopped my A levels, was predicted A*A*A got ABC, yeah I know . I'm working at Lloyds of London atm for an insurance broker, and resitting exams, applying for law this time round.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Im applying for law, pretty surprised nobody else on here has mentioned law seeming as it is the top uk uni for it highly doubt i'll get in but hey worth a shot right
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    nope. i've started studying the AS online though.
    thanks!

I didn't weigh Econ History at all in my PS (disaster) but apparently for Econ + Maths, it shouldn't matter as much... someone in my school got in without weighing Econ at all. and someone else is applying this year doing the same thing.
    Good luck!
    'A level Mathematics is required. A level Economics is not essential. Further Mathematics taken at A level is strongly preferred and is seen as an additional or fourth subject.'

Are you predicted an A* in Maths? If not, you have the reason for the decision.
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    'A level Mathematics is required. A level Economics is not essential. Further Mathematics taken at A level is strongly preferred and is seen as an additional or fourth subject.'

She applied for Econ+Econ History..maybe try reading the post :rolleyes:

For the record, the entry requirements for that course is AAB with an A in Maths and from what I gather, her predictions were way higher.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:

Lol go on here profile. Her academics are quite good.

(obviously i know most peoples academics are but take a peek)
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Illmatic-)
    She applied for Econ+Econ History..maybe try reading the post :rolleyes:

For the record, the entry requirements for that course is AAB with an A in Maths and from what I gather, her predictions were way higher.
    http://www2.lse.ac.uk/study/undergra...BSc_EcEcH.aspx

Read. Maybe you should.
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    Still think you should read.

Economics and Economic History has a different entry requirement to Economics with Economic History.

• 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by falcon pluse)
    Lol go on here profile. Her academics are quite good.

(obviously i know most peoples academics are but take a peek)
    I know, I am just trying to offer an explanation. People should not think that LSE are rejecting people because they have outstanding grades/applying to Oxbridge. LSE will clearly want these people, it is one of the very best institutions in the world. They want the best students that suit their courses.

I know this person has outstanding academics, but many people at LSE do.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Still think you should read.

Economics and Economic History has a different entry requirement to Economics with Economic History.

Ah ok, apologies if she applied to that course.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey people! I need help! I've just got my IELTS result (English Proficiency Test), and got Band 7 as an overall result. In the LSE website, it was stated that they require 7 for ALL components, in which I failed to do so as I have only achieved 6 in my speaking component. Do they accept GCSE English (1119) if I've got an A2 in it?
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ah ok, apologies if she applied to that course.
    Fair enough.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough.
    Infact, she applied to the one with A*AA as I suspected.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...039&highlight=

Read her post, same offer as Cambridge. Hence, it was Economics with Economic History.
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    Infact, she applied to the one with A*AA as I suspected.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...amp;highlight=

Read her post, same offer as Cambridge. Hence, it was Economics with Economic History.
    Well she did say that the 'offers are likely to be the same', so not necessarily.

Moreover, she did say this:

darnnn. got my first reply from LSE today for econ+econ history.
    rejected D: so quickly, too! how demotivating.

good luck everyone else who has applied!
    so its quite unclear to deduce whether she applied to the with or the and course due to the '+' :fyi:

Maybe we should stop arguing and let her tell us
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well she did say that the 'offers are likely to be the same', so not necessarily.

Moreover, she did say this:

so its quite unclear to deduce whether she applied to the with or the and course due to the '+' :fyi:

Maybe we should stop arguing and let her tell us
    Cambridge don't do AAB offers.
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    Cambridge don't do AAB offers.
    Fair enough...maybe she was referring to LSE/UCL/Cambridge when she said the offers were likely to be similar :dontknow:

haha I give up
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just to say, I know two people with offers for Geography and Economics and Government and Economics.

That is also for this year's cycle and they are not post-qualification applicants.
    Really? That's scary! I applied for Gov & Econ... not expecting to hear anything for about another billion years though
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmaaa88)
    Really? That's scary! I applied for Gov & Econ... not expecting to hear anything for about another billion years though
    Yeah. I was surprised to hear that too.

Edit: They were joking, annoying that I actually believed them.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: January 18, 2013
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.