The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE Applicants for 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
I'm applying for Economic History at LSE!
GCSEs: 6A*s 5As
AS levels: AAAB
I'm predicted A*AA
I loved the uni, atmosphere and location when I visited, not really expecting to get in though but what the hell!

Good luck everyone!
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Hello people! I'm applying for Actuarial Science at LSE!

AS Levels: AAA (Maths, Physics, Economics) B (Thinking Skills)
I'm predicted 4A* for Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Economics for A-Levels. :smile:
Reply 122
Original post by Nicholasng925
Hello people! I'm applying for Actuarial Science at LSE!

AS Levels: AAA (Maths, Physics, Economics) B (Thinking Skills)
I'm predicted 4A* for Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Economics for A-Levels. :smile:

Gosh you will become my competior!! Your prediction grades are really good, hope both of us can receive an offer from LSE! BTW, What other unis and courses are you applying to?
Original post by a5a09
Gosh you will become my competior!! Your prediction grades are really good, hope both of us can receive an offer from LSE! BTW, What other unis and courses are you applying to?

Thinking Skills B! That was quite sucks, for me. :tongue:

Yes hope that both of us can receive offer from LSE! :biggrin: I'm applying for Actuarial Science at Cass, LSE and Heriot-Watt, MMORSE at Warwick and Maths at Cambridge. :wink: How about you?
Reply 124
Thinking Skills B! That was quite sucks, for me. :tongue:

Yes hope that both of us can receive offer from LSE! :biggrin: I'm applying for Actuarial Science at Cass, LSE and Heriot-Watt, MMORSE at Warwick and Maths at Cambridge. :wink: How about you?

At least your prediction grades are awsome:smile: I'm applying for Actuarial Science at Cass LSE and MMORSE at Warwick too:biggrin:! Plus I'm applying for Actuarial Science at Kent and Maths with Actuarial Science at Southampton. Did you find any difficulties of writing your personal statement? I did and that is the reason why I choose all Actuarial Science courses excluding MMORSE:frown:.
Original post by a5a09
At least your prediction grades are awsome:smile: I'm applying for Actuarial Science at Cass LSE and MMORSE at Warwick too:biggrin:! Plus I'm applying for Actuarial Science at Kent and Maths with Actuarial Science at Southampton. Did you find any difficulties of writing your personal statement? I did and that is the reason why I choose all Actuarial Science courses excluding MMORSE:frown:.

Thanks! :smile: Ah, so there's a very high probability that we might be classmates in future! :biggrin: Actually I did find difficulties of writing my personal statement, but it was rather rush and I finished it in less than 12 hours including sleeping time for 7 hours that day (due to early deadline set by my college for Cambridge application).

It was my first draft, and I never actually wrote second draft. I've had asked a few of my friends and seniors to proofread my personal statement, and even asked my Assistant Principal of A-Levels programme in my college to check it for me. So I suppose it was alright, and I've sent in my UCAS application few weeks back.

My personal statement involves lots of maths and economics related topics, as well as my personal interest in maths and economics which eventually leads me to the passion I've discovered in Actuarial Science. I also mentioned a few of my participation in maths competitions, although didn't perform relatively well in it.
Reply 126
Thanks! :smile: Ah, so there's a very high probability that we might be classmates in future! :biggrin: Actually I did find difficulties of writing my personal statement, but it was rather rush and I finished it in less than 12 hours including sleeping time for 7 hours that day (due to early deadline set by my college for Cambridge application).

It was my first draft, and I never actually wrote second draft. I've had asked a few of my friends and seniors to proofread my personal statement, and even asked my Assistant Principal of A-Levels programme in my college to check it for me. So I suppose it was alright, and I've sent in my UCAS application few weeks back.

My personal statement involves lots of maths and economics related topics, as well as my personal interest in maths and economics which eventually leads me to the passion I've discovered in Actuarial Science. I also mentioned a few of my participation in maths competitions, although didn't perform relatively well in it.
Your personal statement sounds great:smile:! I did work on my personal statement for a long time and with lots of aid from my teacher to corrent my grammatical mistakes as my english isn't good enough to write my personal statement independently (My first language is not Englsih):frown:.

I did give my personal statement to some of my teachers to proofread it and my personal statement involves my passion of maths and my ambition to contribute the world using my mathematical skill. Furthermore, I did mention I participated some piano competition alothough I didn't do really well (distinction but not top 3). In addition, I am currently not taking Economics and I think it would probably be a disadvantage for me to apply for LSE (I think they like people taking Economics?):frown:. Oh, forgot to mention about, I did participate some maths competition but same as you, I didn't do well in it.:frown:

BTW, I need to take IELTS again if I am lucky to get an offer from LSE because I haven't achieved at least 7 in all components:frown:.
Original post by a5a09
Your personal statement sounds great:smile:! I did work on my personal statement for a long time and with lots of aid from my teacher to corrent my grammatical mistakes as my english isn't good enough to write my personal statement independently (My first language is not Englsih):frown:.

I did give my personal statement to some of my teachers to proofread it and my personal statement involves my passion of maths and my ambition to contribute the world using my mathematical skill. Furthermore, I did mention I participated some piano competition alothough I didn't do really well (distinction but not top 3). In addition, I am currently not taking Economics and I think it would probably be a disadvantage for me to apply for LSE (I think they like people taking Economics?):frown:. Oh, forgot to mention about, I did participate some maths competition but same as you, I didn't do well in it.:frown:

BTW, I need to take IELTS again if I am lucky to get an offer from LSE because I haven't achieved at least 7 in all components:frown:.

Sounds can be deceiving at times. :wink: My first language is not English too, and I tend to do some grammatical errors if I didn't pay enough attention while forming some sentences.

Oh by the way, even if you didn't do well in the piano and maths competition, never tell them that you didn't do well! Just write you do well in it. I doubt they would ever want to know negative things about you in your personal statement. Hmm, maybe it's just me who feel this way.

Speaking of IELTS, I've just taken my IELTS last Saturday and it turned out to be disastrous. Now I'm waiting for result and hope that every component of it can get at least 7.
(edited 12 years ago)
I have applied for Philosophy and Economics... Sent my application on Sunday

Does anyone have an idea when I would possibly hear from the uni?
Original post by cloudstr1f3r
I have applied for Philosophy and Economics... Sent my application on Sunday

Does anyone have an idea when I would possibly hear from the uni?

Ages, LSE are one of the last to send them. You'll hear at lastest by March. I sent mine off last week too but I'm not expecting anything for ages unless they hate me and reject me without needing to think about it :tongue:
Reply 130
Applying to LSE for maths with economics, good luck people, anyone received a confirmation email or anything like that?
Reply 131
Original post by anil10100
Applying to LSE for maths with economics, good luck people, anyone received a confirmation email or anything like that?

Yes, was the first one to send, like a second after UCAS was processed :biggrin:
Reply 132
Hey, guys! I sent my application for BSc. Economics around 8 days ago (actual 11 days ago, but it has been 8 days since UCAS processed my application), but I still have not received an application acknowledgment. Should I be worried? Maybe give them a call to make sure that they have received or should I be a bit patient? :smile:
Original post by Francium
Hey, guys! I sent my application for BSc. Economics around 8 days ago (actual 11 days ago, but it has been 8 days since UCAS processed my application), but I still have not received an application acknowledgment. Should I be worried? Maybe give them a call to make sure that they have received or should I be a bit patient? :smile:

Depends.. if you're also applying to Oxbridge then your deadline is this Saturday so you should check with your school.

Otherwise you have until January so be patient. :smile:
Applying for Philosophy and Economics.

The course structure is great and caters to the philosophy portion quite well (obviously econ, too :tongue:), and it's just a course that I'd love to study!

Predicted A*A*AAA (History, English Lit., Economics, Mathematics, Politics)
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 135
Original post by Lomo_gurl
Depends.. if you're also applying to Oxbridge then your deadline is this Saturday so you should check with your school.

Otherwise you have until January so be patient. :smile:

Never mind, I just received it :smile: Thanks though!
Reply 136
Maths with Econ *gunfingers* blap blap.

Got the confirmation email that they got my application an hour ago
Original post by Aluu93
Sent on September 23rd :smile:

I've sent mine on Sept.30th.
What were your five choices?
Original post by Francium

I remember when I applied to LSE this time last year it took them a while to send all the confirmations through, they seemed to do them in batches.
Reply 139
I sent my (post A-level) application on the 3rd October to read History
7A*s, 3As = GCSE/iGCSE results
AAAA (in AS English, History, Politics and Latin)
A*A*A*A at A2 (A in Latin)
Other choices = Cambridge, UCL, KCL and Warwick. I probably won't get Cambridge so in the event of getting offers from UCL and the LSE, which would people recommend?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending