The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Modelling agency never ask for any money whatsoever!

Posted from TSR Mobile
my ugly sister got in one so...

they just want the money
Reply 22
I have just realised why this company sounds so familiar and its definitely a hoax because I've been receiving spam email from them for weeks!!!! ImageUploadedByStudent Room1436740348.435185.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, had the same thing today, it is not a modeling support or anything along those lines, they don't mention about the portfolio or anything in their website, only for you to become a model, 50£ a shot is ridiculous! If a modeling agency want you, they will pay everything for you, you won't need to pay anything.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 24
Hi All
I am so glad I have read all above comments.
Was just about to pay deposit for my 3 years old daughter in company called nm management or the Model Search.
Not sure as both names keep appearing depends where you look.
Also I would like to add that I was told my daughter was already picked by the client and all I need is a portfolio which will cost £50 per picture.
(edited 8 years ago)
UK models is not a modelling AGENCY so they are entitled to take money
Reply 26
I've just had to tell my 24 year old daughter in the nicest way I could think of which was she would just get a portfolio for over £500 and the cost of travelling from Newcastle to London. I am foaming that I've had to disappoint my daughter.
Yeah I'm going to London on the 14th October for one of these shoots. My mum is coming with me as she knows the area very well. I'll let you know how it goes. They told me I didn't have to purchase any photos if I didn't want to. I've just seen they do digital copies too. The £50 deposit takes a few days to go through to your bank apparently. Wish me luck, I'm getting nervous 😯
Reply 28
Does anybody know if The fashion room in london is legit?
It's not a modeling agency its a modeling platform. What you pay for is the photographer, makeup artist and hair stylists time. Your portfolio on a CD there are different amounts of images depending on how much you spend. Your also paying for the re-touch artist and more importantly you are paying for the COPY RIGHTS the pictures belong to YOU. That means you can charge people for use of your images. This is known as a buy out. You can then use your pictures to get booked. You don't have to get with an agency. They do help you find work however they can take nearly half you pay. I'm currently a freelance model and I'm now getting booked for PAID shoots. I'm on a few websites and I am learning fast. It's worth doing. It's a minimum spend of £299 and it goes up to thousands. Just keep in mind nearly all modeling websites will not except pictures of you if they are not professionaly done. I learnt that the hard way. Beware of scams and don't give up or in.

Hope that is helpful to you all x
2015-11-05-23-59-02-967.jpgJust one of my shots I got out of my day. Kube studios is ok but they will try sell you a dream. I would suggest going to First step modeling for a photo shoot they are so much better, in thier reputation and what they can do for you.
any good agencies?
I have their address. Want it?
Original post by blessed107
any good agencies?

Modelling agencies in your local area can be a good place to start. The big wig modelling agencies however are mostly in London, such as IMG, Elite, Models1, Ford, Storm, Select. I was rejected by all of them (I'm only 5'7", so no wonder).
If your friend is genuinely interested in doing some modelling, and cannot get with a proper agency or is after a portfolio then try this guy

http://ibw.proimageblogs.com/model-search/

He does a lot of alternative work, and has done some work for us in the past, he's a great guy and solid photographer, plus on the upside he is also running a model search which includes mentoring and a free portfolio shoot, could be worth a look
Yep my daughter went last year (2014) the biggest scam ever refused to help my daughter until she bought photos, which we wernt told originally on the phone we were told £50 back if we turn up and there's NO ONLIGATION to buy only there was, they were NOT willing to help unless we bought photos which they wanted £300 + for a couple. It had already cost £70 in petrol and parking the the £50 for saving the studio for my daughter (which was a shoddy room) the photos she has had done had rubbish bags on photo and since then have been to a photo shoot which proved amazing I can now see how dodgy uk models were her photos from them are such bad quality and badly taken I may as well throw th away :frown: she has now been signed up to an agency via an amazing company local to us X
agencies aren't supposed to ask for money like that, don't pay

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 37
Don't go it's a total rip off,if you contact a reputable model agency they will tell you that you only need a snapshot and the agency pay for the portfolio if they think your good enough.Modelling platform do nothing to help you,you will have to pay to join casting agencies and the work you get offered can be quite seedy,it's a very hard business to get into.my advice would be if a proper model agency doesn't take you them just forget about and to be honest unless you live in London then it's a waste of time,you travel to a casting where there are hundreds of girls and if you don't get the work it's a waste of time and money
I had a modelling shoot with UK models and they aren't a scam. I was 14 at the time. However they do offer to set up a portfolio, website and pictures to take home but that was quite expensive and may not be needed. However M0del agency is a scam.
Uhm.... okay....?

Latest