The Student Room Group

Mr M's Edexcel GCSE Linear Foundation Tier Paper 1 Answers June 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Unless i read the question wrong how can an obtuse angle be 42 degrees? Q9 part 3.

Also I noticed this paper looked harder than the November 2010 paper and for a C you had to get 147. So maybe the boundaries will be dropped a bit for this paper?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 21
Original post by ithinkifailed
looking at the answers i think i got 58 marks out of 100! how much do i need in the calculator paper to get a C! please lower the boundaries as i have used all my spare time to revise for the past exam.

You should definetly aim for 90 marks to secure a c. Otherwise its over mate. :frown:
Reply 22
Original post by SamB11
Unless i read the question wrong how can an obtuse angle be 42 degrees? Q9 part 3.

Also I noticed this paper looked harder than the November 2010 paper and for a C you had to get 147. So maybe the boundaries will be dropped a bit for this paper?

Well, I'm also hoping that grade boundaries are lower than november paper, but I dont trust Edexcel :mad:
Reply 23
Original post by Lovedealer
You should definetly aim for 90 marks to secure a c. Otherwise its over mate. :frown:

Can always resit in November :smile:
Reply 24
can you pleasse put the the actual foundation one up,seeing as the higher one is up ...it would be better if we could see the questions aswell as answers..THANKS:smile:))
Original post by nvyas
can you pleasse put the the actual foundation one up,seeing as the higher one is up ...it would be better if we could see the questions aswell as answers..THANKS:smile:))

its not my property to post and edexcel might object if I do so, answers are not copyright, the published papers are
Reply 26
Original post by Mr M
Revision List for GCSE Foundation Calculator Maths Exam on 10th June 2011
Grades G, F, E
Pictograms
Coordinates
Mode, median, mean and range
Collecting like terms
Factors and multiples
Decimals
Positive and negative numbers

Grade D
Using a calculator
Ratio
Pie charts
Stem and leaf diagrams
Percentages
Plans and elevations
Area and circumference of a circle
Plotting a graph from a table of values
Rotations or enlargements

Grade C
Trial and improvement
Expressing a number as the product of its prime factors
Forming and solving an equation
Pythagoras’ Theorem
Mean from a frequency table
Speed, distance and time
Constructions

Hey MR M. Thanks for sharing your great information. I did the exam on Monday, and it wasn't too bad. But i am quite nervous for Friday's one as im not sure what topics to really go over fully. These ones that you have listed, are they 100% concrete that this is what the exam will cover or is this an estimation?
Many thanks in advance!!!!
Reply 27
Anyone have a link to a past calc exam?
Original post by UG STAH
Hey MR M. Thanks for sharing your great information. I did the exam on Monday, and it wasn't too bad. But i am quite nervous for Friday's one as im not sure what topics to really go over fully. These ones that you have listed, are they 100% concrete that this is what the exam will cover or is this an estimation?
Many thanks in advance!!!!

you only have one day left, concentrate on the topics i listed, they are my professional opinion of what is likely to come up
Reply 29
is there anywhere i can get a copy of the foundation paper from 6th?
Original post by billybob
is there anywhere i can get a copy of the foundation paper from 6th?

ask your teacher?
Reply 31
what was he question 18? i forgot.
and the computer question
Original post by deep1995
what was he question 18? i forgot.
and the computer question

complete a two way table about going to university and the computer one had a woman buying a load of computers and selling them on
Reply 33
Reading all of this has made me feel even worse, I need a C to get into uni and I think after that paper * edexcell foundation linear * I wont of got it :frown: Ive worked so hard aswell and when Ive done all the past and practice paper possible to do and passed them all its gutting :frown: did anyone else think it was a nasty paper ??

:smile:
Original post by Beki.
Reading all of this has made me feel even worse, I need a C to get into uni and I think after that paper * edexcell foundation linear * I wont of got it :frown: Ive worked so hard aswell and when Ive done all the past and practice paper possible to do and passed them all its gutting :frown: did anyone else think it was a nasty paper ??

yes it was more difficult than usual

if you are a grade C candidate you will get a grade C - the boundary will be lowered
Reply 35

Reply 36

I hope so, Ive sat it 3 times and been 8 - 10 marks off a C everytime . Ive worked so hard and paid around 200 pound for tutition to help me this time so Im hoping it pays off. Ive made a note of your suggestions for the calculator paper and Im going to go over them with tutor tomorrow when I meet her.

Its nice there someone out there thats cares about peoples grades and futures are are willing to help, Thanks Mr M :smile:

x
Original post by Beki.
I hope so, Ive sat it 3 times and been 8 - 10 marks off a C everytime . Ive worked so hard and paid around 200 pound for tutition to help me this time so Im hoping it pays off. Ive made a note of your suggestions for the calculator paper and Im going to go over them with tutor tomorrow when I meet her.

Its nice there someone out there thats cares about peoples grades and futures are are willing to help, Thanks Mr M :smile:

x

Good luck beki. I really hope you are successful.
Reply 38
Original post by Mr M
Good luck beki. I really hope you are successful.

This will be my third time too, and the last two times I have got a grade D. I hope tis time will be different. Good Luck!
Original post by UG STAH
This will be my third time too, and the last two times I have got a grade D. I hope tis time will be different. Good Luck!

good luck ug stah

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending