The Student Room Group

Edexcel Maths 3H linear 6th June

Poll

What mark do you think you got out of 100?

hey everyone, so we've done the exam and I'm sure most of you have seen Mr M's markscheme
How did you all find it?
I found it HARD.
Aiming for an A* but its just depressing and demotivating for fridays exam!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I reckon I got around 30 marks on that paper, it was just so hard.
Reply 2
Original post by lassiesuca
I reckon I got around 30 marks on that paper, it was just so hard.

what grades do you normally get?
i agree though most people have dropped a lot of marks that they wouldnt normally
Reply 3
I'm usually within the 40's range, I've never gotten above a C in maths mocks, and I was predicted a B, but I think they overestimated my abilities!!
Reply 4
Original post by Rose.1994
what grades do you normally get?
i agree though most people have dropped a lot of marks that they wouldnt normally

I'm usually within the 40's range, I've never gotten above a C in maths mocks, and I was predicted a B, but I think they overestimated my abilities!!
Reply 5
Original post by lassiesuca

Teachers seem to always give a predicted grade one grade higher than your mock grades
don't worry though I'm sure the grade boundaries will be low and hopefully the calculator will be easier!
Reply 6
Exam was hard. The percentage increase was a tricky question as the answer should've been 500% but I put 60%. Lol couldn't believe It i even looked up at the percentage increase in the mathwatch it told me the formula to calculate it but I wasn't sure if that formula would be suitable for that question cos da answer was over 100%, this question was tricky cos I never faced it before. Also the third to last question, surface area question, think i fukd it i put h = x^3. And on the last question, the one where it asked you to solve the algebraic eqution. I got x = -2, or x = 3. Hope that's right what answer did you get for last question?
Reply 7
Original post by abdul95
Exam was hard. The percentage increase was a tricky question as the answer should've been 500% but I put 60%. Lol couldn't believe It i even looked up at the percentage increase in the mathwatch it told me the formula to calculate it but I wasn't sure if that formula would be suitable for that question cos da answer was over 100%, this question was tricky cos I never faced it before. Also the third to last question, surface area question, think i fukd it i put h = x^3. And on the last question, the one where it asked you to solve the algebraic eqution. I got x = -2, or x = 3. Hope that's right what answer did you get for last question?

what percentage increase?
did you do modular
but for the last question yeah I got -2 and 3
Original post by abdul95

What percentage question? Was there a question on the back page?
did you do modular

People are saying there was a question on the back page... Is this true?
Reply 10
did you do modular

Yes I do modular
Reply 11
What answer did u get for the surface area question?

Where it had said that the surface area of a cone was the same as a hemisphere. And it said to express h in terms of x. What did you get?
Reply 12
Teachers seem to always give a predicted grade one grade higher than your mock grades
don't worry though I'm sure the grade boundaries will be low and hopefully the calculator will be easier!

I hope it is. I reckon transformation of graphs will appear as the last question and there will be a question to do with surds. My last prediction was that the last question of the first exam would be based on an algebraic fraction and that became true lol wat a guess.
Original post by abdul95

Wait what percentage increase question was there?? i dont seem to recall seeing that on the paper :O
Reply 14
Original post by abdul95
What answer did u get for the surface area question?

Where it had said that the surface area of a cone was the same as a hemisphere. And it said to express h in terms of x. What did you get?

I got root(8x^2). No idea if it's right tho. I honestly don't understand why it was so hard.
I got h= root(3x^2), and on Mr m's mark scheme it has:

h^2+x^2=4x^2
h^2= 3x^2
h= x root (3)
I reckon i got 3 or 4 marks out of 4 of that question
Reply 16
Original post by abbiking123
Wait what percentage increase question was there?? i dont seem to recall seeing that on the paper :O

No I do modular so the exams abit differenent
Reply 17
Original post by justincredible1
I got h= root(3x^2), and on Mr m's mark scheme it has:

h^2+x^2=4x^2
h^2= 3x^2
h= x root (3)
I reckon i got 3 or 4 marks out of 4 of that question

I could have put 3x^2 not 8x^2, i'm so confused and stressed now. Did you include the bottom of the shape though? The formula was for a sphere so a hemispehere has the bottom side as well.
I reckon I got 90/100 so I'm on track for my A* and i'm better at calculator, however this test was still considerably harder than past papers. I was worried until I got a mark scheme for the maths test and now I'm happy cause i got most right.
Original post by magap
I could have put 3x^2 not 8x^2, i'm so confused and stressed now. Did you include the bottom of the shape though? The formula was for a sphere so a hemispehere has the bottom side as well.

I sort of see your point, Il respond back with an answer in 5 mins.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending