The Student Room Group

Access Course Last Unit- help!

I have under a month to consolidate all my work and get it sorted. Talk about stressful! And on top of it all, I just discovered I'm 6 months pregnant. I was sort of waivering at the though of uni and what I wanted to do next, but my situation has completely compounded my desire to continue with FE.

Our last task is a research project, and we have just been given a new teacher who is very laid back and has basically just said "its up to you, choose what you like". A lot of people have complained about his teaching or lack of, I don't have a problem, I just have a problem decided what I am going to do! At first I thought of long winded things like concentration of Hep C virus in counties across the UK and then look at things such as how much money the local PCT spends on harm reduction, hep c education blah blah but it was hard to get information and stats on this, and i think it was far too ambitious.

1. Design & Conduct a small piece of sociological research on an area of Health & Illness of your choice.
we then have to obviously apply two sociological theories to said piece of research to help explain the findings.

Anybody got any good ideas for a topic? I thought about doing Drug Use according to Social Class but I don't know where on earth to get stats on this. I need a topic where info is easily accessible.

And for said topic, what two sociological approaches should i use to compare how they might be applied to an area of health & illness?

Thank you in advance; from a very lost, worried, panic-stricken access student :colondollar:
Reply 1
Original post by NaomiCave
I have under a month to consolidate all my work and get it sorted. Talk about stressful! And on top of it all, I just discovered I'm 6 months pregnant. I was sort of waivering at the though of uni and what I wanted to do next, but my situation has completely compounded my desire to continue with FE.

Our last task is a research project, and we have just been given a new teacher who is very laid back and has basically just said "its up to you, choose what you like". A lot of people have complained about his teaching or lack of, I don't have a problem, I just have a problem decided what I am going to do! At first I thought of long winded things like concentration of Hep C virus in counties across the UK and then look at things such as how much money the local PCT spends on harm reduction, hep c education blah blah but it was hard to get information and stats on this, and i think it was far too ambitious.

1. Design & Conduct a small piece of sociological research on an area of Health & Illness of your choice.
we then have to obviously apply two sociological theories to said piece of research to help explain the findings.

Anybody got any good ideas for a topic? I thought about doing Drug Use according to Social Class but I don't know where on earth to get stats on this. I need a topic where info is easily accessible.

And for said topic, what two sociological approaches should i use to compare how they might be applied to an area of health & illness?

Thank you in advance; from a very lost, worried, panic-stricken access student :colondollar:

Pick drug use but pick a social class. Like mine was, those from a working class background with a lack of education are more likely to use drugs.

What is more, use the Interactionist perspective, and conduct unstructured interviews, and then analyze the data you get, which will be qualitative, using empirical analysis.
Reply 2
how many interviews did you conduct? and do you take stats from elsewhere to show whether your results support them? was yours at a-level as well?
Reply 3
Original post by NaomiCave
how many interviews did you conduct? and do you take stats from elsewhere to show whether your results support them? was yours at a-level as well?

I did 5 but you only need 3 or maybe 4, due to the amount of data you collect.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending