The Student Room Group

How Many Countries Have You Been To?

Scroll to see replies

including the UK, 17.
In order (i think): UK, Israel, Canada, France, Russia (when it was still the USSR), Greece, Spain, Finland, Italy, Germany, Switzerland,Czech Republic, Netherlands, USA, Belgium, Luxembourg, Iceland.

Hoping to add Egypt next year, and visit my sister in Australia sometime in the next few years as well. Also I've never set foot in Asia- really want to go to China and Japan!

Also would like to go back to Russia now it isn't the Soviet Union, to see what's changed!
Reply 381
7: UK, China, Thailand, France, Spain, Cyprus & Switzerland.

Adding Kenya to this list next summer :smile:
Original post by ChessMister
traveling is depressingly overrated

(also 10)

edit: neg reps obviously from people who travel to escape their own lives; traveling is often mundane, especially "culture" traveling; all but a few cultures are exactly the same, despite what is suggested by heat and light intensity

You must have been to some really depressing places then. Cultures are not the same, humans are the same: culture is the superficial small differences between peoples, like language, music, food, etc. If all those things seem 'mundane' then you either aren't open to trying new things, or have an unbelievably varied normal life. Even still, you can't have been to many interesting places.
Reply 383
12: Austria, Croatia, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Iceland, Italy, Montenegro, Poland, Portugal, United Kingdom, United States
Im 18, Live in England but i've visited Scotland, and i've also been to France, going again in 2 weeks, will be adding Germany & The Netherlands soon hopefully!
Reply 385
Wales, France, Italy, Germany, Belgium, Czech Republic, Tenerife, (Spain) Lanzarote, (Spain) USA, (Miami) and although it isn't a country, Turks and Caicos Islands.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 386
UK, Sri Lanka, Iceland, Ireland, France, Spain, Turkey, Germany, Holland, USA, Egypt, Finland, Greece.
14: Scotland, Wales, France, Belgium, Spain, Luxembourg, Lichtenstein, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Malta, Turkey, Ukraine, USA :smile:

Not counting airport stop overs, which would mean I could add Netherlands to the list.
Germany, France, Spain, Belgium, Netherlands, Italy, Luxemburg, Demark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Slovenia, Slovakia, Hungary, Bulgaria, Russia, Romania, Austria, Ukraine, Tunisia, Egypt, Dominican Republic, Mexico, USA, Canada, India. oops forgot Poland and Croatia.

and although not counties according to the UN, Scotland and Wales.
(edited 11 years ago)
UK (England, Wales), France, Belgium, Germany, Netherlands, India - so that's 6 so far (not counting airport stop-overs) :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
USA, Spain, France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Italy, Vatican City, Monte Carlo, Greece, Turkey, Japan, Czech Republic, Croatia, Bosnia, Montenegro and China so 17. Hoping to add more to that in the next few years-want to have as many stamps in my passport as possible, so that means going outside the EU as much as my bank balance'll let me! :P
(edited 10 years ago)
12 including the UK (Or 14 if you count England, Scotland and Wales separately!) - UK, Ireland, France, Belgium, Spain, Italy, Vatican City, Greece, Cyprus, Canada, USA, Mexico.

I could tally up more states in the US I've been to than countries.
Reply 392
Original post by Caitykinss
12 including the UK (Or 14 if you count England, Scotland and Wales separately!) - UK, Ireland, France, Belgium, Spain, Italy, Vatican City, Greece, Cyprus, Canada, USA, Mexico.

same! i feel like they should count as countries though because the states have different laws and are soo diverse!

whats your favourite state? or the one you've liked the most? mine are florida and new york. i loove the people in georgia thoughh my fave people for suree
(edited 11 years ago)
France, Spain, Switzerland, Italy, Kenya, Cyprus, Turkey, Belgium, Kenya, Belize, Guatemala, USA (13 states, which is greater than the number of countries I've been to!)

One could argue that I've been to Morocco since my mum was pregnant with me when she and my dad went, so technically I was there, I just wasn't aware of it!
Reply 394
South Korea
Japan
Vietnam
Hong Kong
China
Bangladesh
Malaysia
Singapore
Thailand
The Philippines
France
Canada

And i live in the UK~ ^^
So thats 13 including the UK
Original post by Caitykinss

Original post by AYO
same! i feel like they should count as countries though because the states have different laws and are soo diverse!

whats your favourite state? or the one you've liked the most? mine are florida and new york. i loove the people in georgia thoughh my fave people for suree

Same! But only just by one.
England, Scotland, France x4, Spain x2, Belgium x2, Switzerland, Italy, Luxembourg, Turkey x2, USA, Germany, Netherlands.

(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 397
UK, USA, France, Spain, Turkey, Cyprus, Finland.
Uk, Ireland, Portugal, Spain, France, Italy, Turkey, Barbados, St Lucia, Dominican Republic, Mexico - 11
Original post by AYO

My favourite is Rhode Island, although my favourite city is New York City of course :biggrin: I've not been to any other part of New York to comment on it.

I've been to Florida, New York, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Washington DC (Does that count as a state?) and Illinois :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest