The Student Room Group

How Many Countries Have You Been To?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
12 - UK, Canada, USA (lived there), Germany (lived there), Belgium, Italy, Austria, Antigua and Barbuda, Ireland, Tunisia, Malaysia, France
LOADS

UK, France, Spain, Portugal, Belgium, Luxembourg, Malta, Italy, Greece, Tunisia, Barbados, Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao, St Martin, St lucia, St vincent, Jamaica, St Thomas, Antigua, Trinidad, Tobago, Mexico, USA, Canada, Grenada, Martinique, Tortola, Dominica, Peurto Rico, Turks and Caicos islands and Cayman islands
Reply 82
Original post by ChessMister
traveling is depressingly overrated

(also 10)

edit: neg reps obviously from people who travel to escape their own lives; traveling is often mundane, especially "culture" traveling; all but a few cultures are exactly the same, despite what is suggested by heat and light intensity

If I were to travel it would have to be a full-out travel meaning I just take 1k with me and just go into Thailand and somehow try to survive there for a couple of months maybe a year and then come back ^__^.

But then again the only places I've gone are Holland, Germany, Belgium, France, Moscow, Wales and England...
Reply 83
A shade over 50. Need to do the math at some point.
Another dozen by the time i'm 30 would be nice but it'll be a while before i get to apply for Centurion club membership!

edit: re comment about travelling being depressingly overrated. There are many types of travel and many types of travellers - who themselves evolve over time. If you're not 'ready' for the type of trip you're on, of course you're going to dislike it...and for some people, the right trip is a trip to their local pub (and i say that in a good way). I thought i'd find Europe boring because its mostly about culture and history (you can party anywhere... no need to travel) and that was never my thing (i hated all the superstar sights...Machu Picchu etc) but, having been forced to learn European History inside out over the least 4 months, means i could (and will) spend the next few years doing Europe....it's fascinating! Like i said, people change...
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 84
I've been to the UK, France, Spain, Netherlands, Italy, Croatia, Montenegro, Cyprus, North Cyprus, Vatican, Portugal, and the USA. That's 12. I've also been to international territory :awesome: (the UN headquarters :lol:).
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 85
Czech Republic, Poland, Germany, Austria, Italy, San Marino, Slovenia, Croatia, Greece, Belgium, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, France, Spain, the UK, and Egypt :smile: Going to Slovakia and Hungary in the summer.
Poland, UK, France, Switzerland, Slovakia, Austria, Denmark, Hong Kong, Mainland China, Macau, Cambodia, Thailand, Malaysia, India and USA (:
Reply 87
UK
France
Belgium
Spain
China
Thailand
Australia

So only 7.
Reply 88
I think I'm up to 52 now, after India.
Reply 89
Australia, USA, France, Spain, Belgium, Italy, Malta, Majorca, Norway.
Nine :smile:

EDIT: Just scrolled up to see everyone elses answers and realised I'd been to Ireland and the Vatican. 11.
(edited 12 years ago)
I've been to 9- France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Bangladesh, Dubai, India, Canada, Sweden
Reply 91
England :wink:
France, Spain (and Balearic islands), Germany, Belgium, USA, Dubai
Reply 92
Original post by riotgrrl
Australia, USA, France, Spain, Belgium, Italy, Malta, Majorca, Norway.
Nine :smile:

EDIT: Just scrolled up to see everyone elses answers and realised I'd been to Ireland and the Vatican. 11.

Majorca is part of Spain ^^
Reply 93
28: UK, USA, Canada, Pakistan, malaysia, thailand, singapore, france, spain, ireland, turkey, china, egypt, kenya, germany, japan, UAE, saudi arabia, Holland, Mexico, Brazil, switzerland, Portugal, Austria, Australia, Sweden, Norway, belgium.
Reply 94
Just one, France.
Just the UK up to now, though not because i don't want to go to other countries, just can't afford to,

hopefully saving all my money up to go to France with un ami next year though :biggrin:
Reply 96
Original post by Kitebo
Majorca is part of Spain ^^

Damnit, 10 then.
Reply 97
11 to my knowledge, not sure where I went as a toddler..
Reply 98
Original post by riotgrrl
Damnit, 10 then.

I tried to get away with that too :colonhash:, Gibraltar counts as part of the UK too :frown:
I want to go to more!
I've been to:
UK, France, Italy, Mallorca, Switzerland, Netherlands (can't really remember this though as I was pretty young), Spain, South Africa.

Although I have been to France at least five times...and I was in Spain for about 5 hours - we were bored one afternoon while staying in south-west France so took a little drive to barcelona. that was awesome :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest