The Student Room Group

OCR 21st Century Biology B7

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by CF25
Pretty easy to be honest, screwed one of the last ones up though about genes and alleles.

Why? what did you get?
I actually think I screwed up that exam! I thought it was hard.
Lets hope the grade boundaries are low!
Reply 61
Original post by VanillaT
I thought it was pretty easy too, I got 7.5% and 10%. I don't think the graph was clear enough though.

i got 7.5 and 5 ?
Reply 62
Original post by hdk123
On the OCR website the grade boundaries for 2008 and 2009 were 45 and 47 respectively (out of 55) so I'd guess it'd be similar to those.

Wow, that's a lot tougher than physics or chemistry were. I think I'll be on the A/A* boundary then..
Original post by stupefy!
I think the pre release was harder than unit 7, but both were really good.. any estimates on what you'd need for an A*?

According to http://www.ebook-pdf.co.uk/read?=http://www.ocr.org.uk/download/rep_09/ocr_35321_rep_09_l_gcse_jun.pdf in June 2009 it was 45 raw for an A* and 37 for an A. However, I'm not sure how this exam compares to that one in terms of difficulty.
Did everyone else split up the alleles and get

A B
O Ao Bo

O Ao Bo orr suming like that ? :/
Reply 65
Did everyone get one, three, co-dominant, recessive for the blood group question? And then A and B for possible blood groups?
Reply 66
Original post by Inadequatedreams
Did everyone else split up the alleles and get

A B
O Ao Bo

O Ao Bo orr suming like that ? :/

Yep!
Original post by EddieL

Original post by EddieL
Did everyone get one, three, co-dominant, recessive for the blood group question? And then A and B for possible blood groups?

Yeahhh
Reply 68
Original post by EddieL

omg yes! i thought i was wrong!
Reply 69
why was the second percentage one 5 percent?
i think an A* will be 47-8 and an A would be 40-42 IM JUST GLAD SCIENCE IS FINISHED... :smile:
Reply 71
Original post by saba146
why was the second percentage one 5 percent?

The primary consumers have 40kj total, with 30kj for biomass and 10kj for respiration. There was a 20kg loss when going down to the secondary consumes, but I'm not sure if the 20 should be taken off the 40 total, or just the 30 for biomass. If it is the latter, then the answer would be 5%
Reply 72
Original post by Stardust612
i think an A* will be 47-8 and an A would be 40-42 IM JUST GLAD SCIENCE IS FINISHED... :smile:

Lucky you!
I've still got (B4, B5 B6) (C4, C5, C6) and (C6 B6 P6) to go!
Original post by Satta101
omg yes! i thought i was wrong!

I'm sure I'm wrong, but I got (I think) four and three. But I agreee with you on the second bit.
Original post by EddieL

Original post by EddieL
The primary consumers have 40kj total, with 30kj for biomass and 10kj for respiration. There was a 20kg loss when going down to the secondary consumes, but I'm not sure if the 20 should be taken off the 40 total, or just the 30 for biomass. If it is the latter, then the answer would be 5%

Soo, what did you get together 10 and 5, ?
Reply 75
Original post by Sheevang
How did people find the exam? I thought it pretty easy
What did people get for the two percentages?

I got 10 for the 1st one and 10 again for the 2nd :smile:
Reply 76
Original post by EddieL

You had to half the 20 which made it 10 then divide it by 100 (as that was the orginal amount of energy) the times it by 100 making the answer 10 :smile:
Reply 77
Original post by Inadequatedreams
Soo, what did you get together 10 and 5, ?

Well, I actually got 7.5 and 5. The former is definitely wrong though I didn't notice the 30kj was only the biomass rather than the whole thing.
Reply 78
Original post by GirlyGirl
I got 10 for the 1st one and 10 again for the 2nd :smile:

How did you get 10 for the first one? I got 7.5% lol
Reply 79
Original post by EddieL

the first section was just finding a quarter of 30 and im pretty sure that was 7.5%

the second bit i remember was that a total of 90kj had been lost so 10kj remaiined and only half of this was used in respiration so thats 5 ?

do yuo know whether the how much the percentage questions were worth ? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending