The Student Room Group

*Eating Disorder Recovery Meal Plans*

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
When recovering, I had no specific 'meal plans'. I tried to regain a love and enjoyment of food and use that to help me become more comfortable with naturally having a normal eating pattern and large meals that I liked eating. I suppose it made weight gain a lot slower, but I can honestly say that now I can enjoy food and cooking again.

Different strokes for different folks though. I suppose I'm lucky that I managed to avoid being admitted in lieu of my degree.
Hey, here's the meal plan that my doctor gave me (its calories, so sorry if thats triggering).

Breakfast: 400/500. COuld be cereal with milk and a slice of toast with jam and some fruit juice.

Snack: 100/200. crisps? fruit bar?

Lunch: 400/500. a hot meal or a large sandwich with some crisps and then something for dessert.

Snack: 100/200.

Dinner: hot meal.

Snack: 100/200.

If you need to talk; message me! ive been recovering from anorexia for around a year now :tongue:
Bumping this thread because I really need some help/inspiration/support right now x
This forum has been really helpful, and I know its waaaaaaaay to late to post, but I feel like I should, and that maybe by doing so, it will help me?
Also, if anyone is reading this I'd just like to say how brave and inspirational everyone else's meal plan is, and to keep up the amazing work!
So, here's my meal plan:

Breakfast - 27 grams of oats with 140 ml of ss milk AND and Ensure Plus (supplement drink that you can get in different flavours) (421 cals)

Lunch - 2 sandwiches with chicken breast slice and two Actimel yogurt drinks (178 cals)

Snack - Nature valley bar OR two Special K Chewy Delights (192 cals)

Dinner - One jacket potato and a snap pot of Heinz Reduced Sugar and Salt Baked Beans (295 cals)
OR
- Two toasts, an egg (can't stand the yolk), and a pot of baked beans (260 cals)

Snack - Ensure Plus (supplement drink that you can get in different flavours) (330 cals)

Total:
Max - 1486 cals
Min - 1451 cals

My nurse told me that gradually she's gonna add another 300 cals to my meal plan, then only thing I'm worried about, is that I relapse and take things out of my meal plan.
Do you think its enough?
(edited 9 years ago)
Hello there!B: Microwaved Cornflakes (50g cf 150ml water) with a banana, Tea (350ml)S: strawberry yoghurt (150g)L: vegetable soup (bowl), roll (42g), Tea (350ml)S: hazelnut wafer bar (40g)D: bread (50g) with peanut butter (20g), Two cheese strings, an apple, Tea (350ml)S: nutella (20g), almonds (30g)Plus i drink around liter of water through the Day.

Quick Reply

Latest