The Student Room Group

Edexcel IGCSE Biology Paper 2 discussion - 7th June

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Were there like 3 different papers for this exam? Damn.
You've got it totally wrong. The three labels were as follows:

Conjunctiva
Ciliary Muscles
Lens
Reply 42
Original post by Vaner
IMPORTANT:

69 All Day is the biggest troll in this forum, he was doing same fake things like this in the Maths section , and nearly every section.

Don't listen to that liar.

Upset you got it wrong ? :cry:

LOOOOOL:rofl:

:woohoo:
Original post by Merkyourmum70
You've got it totally wrong. The three labels were as follows:

Conjunctiva
Ciliary Muscles
Lens

YESSSS - This is the original merkyourmum69 here :wink:

Btw Ciliary muscles and Lens are the other way around :smile:
Reply 44
Original post by 69 All Day
LOL you nuts bro??? It was ciliary muscles ... Keep it fresh

Hahaha yeah your right :colondollar:
Reply 45
How did he make sure he was accurate in the experiment?
Use same amount of water in the beakers?
Reply 46
For my eye it was
A - retina
B - optic nerve
C- iris

For the last question on the heart, what did you guys put for the 2 benefits of using an artificial pump?
Reply 47
Original post by olsberg100
How did he make sure he was accurate in the experiment?
Use same amount of water in the beakers?

Same amount of water and same sized beakers, that was what I put. But some of my friends said to standardize the starting temperature of all the beakers.
Reply 48
I had to label the cornea and I put "sclera". I knew it was wrong, and I sat for about 15 minutes trying to think of the word "cornea", but I couldn't. It's pathetic cause even people who haven't studied any biology textbook would know that. :frown: I'm never going in to an exam with 3 hours sleep again. Thankfully I got the lens and ciliary muscles so that's 2/3 for that question.

Edit: Oh wait, it was actually the conjuctiva. That makes me feel better, sort of.

Original post by ntonks

For the last question on the heart, what did you guys put for the 2 benefits of using an artificial pump?

It wasn't just benefits for artificial pump, was it? It was benefits of the new artificial pump compared to older versions. I just read the benefits right off the given text: "permanent and doesn't need replacement" and "less noisy" I put.

Also, what kind of key did you guys use for the graph? I marked the points for 1 set of results with dots and another with crosses, and gave that as a key. I thought maybe I should have used dotted line vs solid line but I thought the other way would be more clear.
(edited 12 years ago)
If the line was pointing to the DOT in the eye-labelling section, then it is suspensory ligaments I'm afraid. How could a dot be anything other than a ligament?

Also, I think we had slightly different papers -(to prevent cheating?)
Original post by chandler94
If the line was pointing to the DOT in the eye-labelling section, then it is suspensory ligaments I'm afraid. How could a dot be anything other than a ligament?

It doesn't work that way?
Reply 51

My brother it was Ciliary MUSCLES ... Suspensary ligaments are those little stringy things ...
Reply 52
The ligaments are the parts connecting the dot - the ciliary muscles - to the actual lens. I looked it up the Edexcel textbook to make sure, and the diagram they provide is pretty clear.

Edit: And for the chart I just did both results with crosses and labelled the two resulting lines, directly on the graph.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 53

if you look in the Biology text book you will see that the suspensory ligaments are lines connected to the ciliary muscles and the lens, hence they can slack and tighten according to the contraction/relaxation of the ciliary muscles. To say that it could be a ligament is wrong, the answer is muscle... Sorry.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by MK9
if you look in the Biology text book you will see that the suspensory ligaments are lines connected to the ciliary muscles and the lens, hence they can slack and tighten according to the contraction/relaxation of the ciliary muscles. To say that it could be a ligament is wrong, the answer is muscle... Sorry.

Well done :smile: ... Are you some sort of super genius or something ! You seem like such a clever and wonderful human being, you must have been blessed by God :yeah:
Reply 55
Original post by ntonks
For my eye it was
A - retina
B - optic nerve
C- iris

I think it was:
A- retina
B - iris
C - optic nerve

But it doesn't make sense because the syllabus doesn't ask for what the iris does in dim light. It might have been pointing to circular muscles or radial muscles.

What you afraid of little idiot ... that we got it wrong by saying ciliary muscles ... Don't sorry, suspensory liagments are wrong I'm afraid :colone:
Reply 57
Original post by Flamezone
I think it was:
A- retina
B - iris
C - optic nerve

But it doesn't make sense because the syllabus doesn't ask for what the iris does in dim light. It might have been pointing to circular muscles or radial muscles.

I got something completely different....

A- Cornea/ Conjunctiva
B- Ciliary Muscles
C- Lens
Original post by MK9
I got something completely different....

A- Cornea/ Conjunctiva
B- Ciliary Muscles
C- Lens

Your joking right ???
A - Conjuntiva (NOT CORNEA)
B WAS DEFINITELY LENS
and C Was ciliary .... :redface:

Did I misread ???
Reply 59
Original post by Peadophile 69
Your joking right ???
A - Conjuntiva (NOT CORNEA)
B WAS DEFINITELY LENS
and C Was ciliary .... :redface:

Did I misread ???

I don't remember the exact order I did them in mate, calm your boner, paedophile.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending