The Student Room Group

Getting a Headstart with A2s

(Post removed)
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1
just keep up with the work they are setting you for the rest of this term.
Reply 2
what board are you doing history with?? to be honest...i think you have the licence to relax until term ends....and then start afresh, working hard in september...but its up to u.
My college makes us come in for 3 weeks in July to start out A2's. Just ask your teachers if they have any work that they can give you to help you get an idea of the course/get ahead :smile:
i always tell myself i should start revising ahead.....but then i realise i
start revision one week before my exam....lool
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5
I was thinking the same thing, but I decided that it was better to start thinking about the Personal Statement. If I read lots of books over summer and do volunteering ect. I'll have stuff to put down and if I can make a first draft by the beginning of year 13 I'll be way ahead of everybody else and have more time to revise for January A2s :smile:)
Reply 6
Not worth trying to get ahead, just be studious when you already know what you need to study.
Reply 7
Actually DO all the work and homework you get set in class and you'll be ahead of 80% of A2 students, seriously.
Reply 8
Thanks for all the advice guys :biggrin:
Reply 9
Just do the basic stuff, do ALL the work/homework set and read over all your work before the next lesson. If you do want to get ahead during the summer, get the specification for your course off the internet and read up a bit on the topics, making a few key notes.
Original post by defjam64
Back to school today after finishing all my AS exams.I was wondering wether there is anything I can do now to get ahead with my A2s as I wanna get really good results and I'm willing to put the work. I take physics, maths and history.

Thanks in advance.

The work you'll be doing this term should be enough of a head start :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest